Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    College star

Default Re: Lakers will have a shot at the 7th seed to face SA!

If the Lakers win, and the Jazz lose, Lakers are #7 seed, Jazz miss the playoffs.
    If the Lakers win, and the Jazz win, Lakers are #7 seed, Jazz miss the playoffs.
    If the Lakers lose, and the Jazz lose, Lakers are #8 seed, Jazz miss the playoffs.
    If the Lakers lose, and the Jazz win, Jazz are #8 seed, Lakers miss the playoffs.

The margin for error is razor thin for both teams. Lakers hold their destiny in their hand, as do Houston. I'm sure McHale rather face the Spurs in the first round than OKC, though us fans would love to see Harden vs his former team as a storyline for the first round. The Jazz need to beat a Grizzlies team still vying for homecourt against the Clippers in round one, as their records as the 4 and 5 seed are nearly identical. And, also hope Harden goes off for 40 on Blake/Meeks (which he probably will), and the Rockets contain the Laker bigs to cruise to a victory.

So many variables, it'll definitely be an interesting Wednesday.

Serious playground baller MAC system's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Ok. What does any of that have to do with how we have played SA this year?
    They've lost 2 of 3 and the one they won was with tony parker still rusty. I don't consider losing .667 of your games to one team playing well. As inconsistent and downright awful add the lakers have played on the defensive end, you really think the lakers will beat the spurs. Really? I think you're thinking with your heart and not your brain. The lakers are not a good team and will win 2 games at most to the spurs

Decent college freshman

lakers best road wins come against indiana, brooklyn and golden state.
    other then that, they didnt beat any playoff team on road ..they didnt even beat utah on road.

lakers will lose 4 - 1 in round 1 to whether spurs or OKC, lose every game on road..and split games in staples center

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

You guys realize Lakers have been a .700 team since February even with all the injuries? Granted, we had Kobe. Without Kobe, it would be hard, but Nash will be back, so it's not impossible. We can beat Miami in the Finals as well.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

How do they determine who gets the 7th seed if the Lakers beat the Rockets? Both are gonna have the same record and the season series tied at 2-2?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    How do they determine who gets the 7th seed if the Lakers beat the Rockets? Both are gonna have the same record and the season series tied at 2-2?
    Record against conference teams.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Lakers have the best case scenario for them (all things considered) laid out ready for the taking. just have to handle business at home against Houston to get it locked in.

Of the 3 possible match-ups entering tonight, SA is obviously the best for the Lakers. Not because they're the worst team between OKC, SA and DEN, but because they're the only one that plays to the Lakers strength, a half court, slower tempo game. We actually have an outside chance to surprise them.

If only Kobe were healthy, everything would have been perfectly aligned for the lakers to be the dangerous dark horse.... damn it all! it just had to be the second to last game before the playoffs... arghhh! What can you do, Kobe's tremendous effort brought the Lakers to this point, now it's the rest of the team's turn to shock the world and bring it home. let's Go Lakers!!!!

Win one for the Mamba!

Quote Originally Posted by MAC system
    The lakers are barely above .500, haveplayed very inconsistently, lose to most top teams and have lost to the spurs 2 times this year. On top of that the lakers best player went out. Stop thinking this is the lakers of old, they are just not that good of a team
    If this years Lakers won around 9 or so more games, they sit at the second seed in the East... think about that.

Lad

If refs are normal, this will be no contest.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Please, please, please....basketball gods. Let the Lakers win this game.

Not only would we get Lakers vs Spurs...which is really compelling, but we would get Harden vs his former team in round 1.

Don't **** this up Lakers. Please just win.

I had a good feeling about the Lakers winning this game it until the Rockets lost tonight. Now I worry.

It would just be so damn entertaining. We must see Harden vs Thunder and Lakers vs Spurs.

We must!

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

Not only would we get Lakers vs Spurs...which is really compelling, but we would get Harden vs his former team in round 1.

I had a good feeling about the Lakers winning this game it until the Rockets lost tonight. Now I worry.

It would just be so damn entertaining. We must see Harden vs Thunder and Lakers vs Spurs.

We must!
    I agree. All basketball fans should be praying for this.

Local High School Star

Awesome if Jazz won Lakers lost

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

We must!

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

David Stern is a clutch mofo and always brings it in the big games. I wouldn't worry.

Better shot than against OKC.