Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

Default Re: if Kobe never went down with a career ending injury. would he have been top 3 alltime

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    He's definitely in the top 10. Definitely not in the top 5.
    this

Banned

Default Re: if Kobe never went down with a career ending injury. would he have been top 3 alltime

I have him as the greatest basketball player ever.

He had two more titles in him and he would have been had past Malone in points before the injury.

He went out on top.

top 6 right now

I've got him 9th on my list, but consider him fairly interchangable with Duncan and Shaq (8th and 10th respectively).

This season has not changed my opinion of Kobe, and neither will this injury. I see the mentality of a top 5 player of all time, but the abilities of a borderline 10th place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    I think you can make an argument for anyone in the top 15 but some of those arguments would be weak as hell. As great as Kobe is, I can't put him above Magic, Larry, and Shaq. I think Kobe is in the same tier as Hakeem and Duncan but I also prefer those 2 guys over him too.

the funny thing is whenever theres a country wide vote on this subject. kobe routinely gets voted into the top 5

only message board posters seem to underrate him so vastly... glad we only make up less than 0.0001% of the world

Banned

Top 10 at 8 for me but that's it

My top 5 is Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Russell, and Wilt (besides Jordan, not in any particular order)

Then Bird at 6, so that leaves 7,8,9 for Duncan, Kobe, and Shaq (in no particular order)

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I have him as the greatest basketball player ever.

He had two more titles in him and he would have been had past Malone in points before the injury.

He went out on top.
    aren't you the guy that said that he had to leave the Lakers to win again???

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    the funny thing is whenever theres a country wide vote on this subject. kobe routinely gets voted into the top 5

only message board posters seem to underrate him so vastly... glad we only make up less than 0.0001% of the world
    I like Kobe as much as the next guy griff, but why are you citing public perception when constructing your list? You can produce your own top 10 without resorting to that, so why are you baiting?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

You get a country wide vote on 'Do you know who Tim Duncan is?', I'd be surprised if half vote 'yes'.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

You underestimate just how much everyone loves a comeback....if he can pull it off.

Sorry I haven't been around ISH, I know you've all missed me. It's just that watching Kobe's injury has made me so incredibly horny I've been jerking it nonstop to the look on Kobe's face when he went down. But I think I've gotten out of my system now, and will once again be able to grace you guys with my presence.

Now, back on topic, Kobe is number 8 on my list, and probably would not have moved without injury.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    I think you can make an argument for anyone in the top 15 but some of those arguments would be weak as hell. As great as Kobe is, I can't put him above Magic, Larry, and Shaq. I think Kobe is in the same tier as Hakeem and Duncan but I also prefer those 2 guys over him too.
    There's definitely an argument between magic larry shaq and kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Quintilianus
    There's definitely an argument between magic larry shaq and kobe
    What differentiates them for me is that Shaq, Bird and Magic all had distinctive periords where they were the clear cut best player in the league. I don't think Kobe has had a run where he was a clear cut best or most dominant player in the league.

NBA lottery pick

5 rings > 1 ring.