Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: JAY-Z ripping Nets in new rap song

$350,000 more than anyone has here. Cant knock the hustle especially when you dont own anything.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    There was no masterplan behind all this. For Jay-Z at least. Prokhorov used him and that was the end of it. Jay was just being a douche that he is by exaggerating the ownership trying hide the fact that he's just a bench player in the business world.

He was on the Letterman prior to the BK relocation where Letterman asked him "Are you still the owner of the Nets?", and he goes "Yeah, even more so."

LOL ***** pl$ease
    He still owns a % of the arena .02% which is at the least $2mil. He double his money when he took on being involved with the Nets. He won. He profited from all of this. Just do your homework before randomly assuming he did nothing. He even did like 8 sold out shows at the arena which seats more than any other arena in the NBA. Do the math, Jay Z shows not only sell out they cost.

The only person who should be up in arms over him claiming "owner of Nets" is the big Russian. Us little people need to hush up because the dude wins whenever he gets involved in business deals. Didnt have to go to school for that either. Now he's taken on the sports agent thing and has Cano, Cruz aboard with future rookies in his eyesight at this years NBA draft.

Dang, he looks like Ewing`s father. How old is, 95?

Certified ISHiot.

Also, does this mean the Nets don't have to play Jay-Z music throughout the entirety of every home game now?

But seriously, they play way too much music.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    $353,333

Which, in comparison, is

1,646%

of Joe Johnson's salary for 2013.

I don't think you understand math.

353k vs. 19.7 million is about 1.8% of Joe Johnson's salary.

Banned

Too much Jay z. Been sick of always hearing about this guys involvement with the Nets. Isnt he a washed up former gangsta rapper and old man now? The basketball culture is moving away from the gangsta era anyway and the kids drafted now were barely born when Jay Z arrived on the music scene. Who cares about him now. Ive heard this cats music from back in the day. It was pretty good. Ive also heard what he puts out now and its just average and plain, and only released to make more $. Wish hed disappear. Cant figure out why anyone still cares.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sparts Arwell
    Too much Jay z. Been sick of always hearing about this guys involvement with the Nets. Isnt he a washed up former gangsta rapper and old man now? The basketball culture is moving away from the gangsta era anyway and the kids drafted now were barely born when Jay Z arrived on the music scene. Who cares about him now. Ive heard this cats music from back in the day. It was pretty good. Ive also heard what he puts out now and its just average and plain, and only released to make more $. Wish hed disappear. Cant figure out why anyone still cares.
    Jigga isn't washed up

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    There was no masterplan behind all this. For Jay-Z at least. Prokhorov used him and that was the end of it. Jay was just being a douche that he is by exaggerating the ownership trying hide the fact that he's just a bench player in the business world.

He was on the Letterman prior to the BK relocation where Letterman asked him "Are you still the owner of the Nets?", and he goes "Yeah, even more so."

LOL ***** please
    the dude opened the new arena with multiple concerts, designed the teams gear/apparel and was marketing face for the team...

how the **** did he get used? if i spend 350k which is whats being thrown around this thread and get all of these money making ventures, then god damn i am HUSTLING

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    $350,000 more than anyone has here. Cant knock the hustle especially when you dont own anything.

He still owns a % of the arena .02% which is at the least $2mil. He double his money when he took on being involved with the Nets. He won. He profited from all of this. Just do your homework before randomly assuming he did nothing. He even did like 8 sold out shows at the arena which seats more than any other arena in the NBA. Do the math, Jay Z shows not only sell out they cost.

The only person who should be up in arms over him claiming "owner of Nets" is the big Russian. Us little people need to hush up because the dude wins whenever he gets involved in business deals. Didnt have to go to school for that either. Now he's taken on the sports agent thing and has Cano, Cruz aboard with future rookies in his eyesight at this years NBA draft.
    When i lived in an apartment i didn't pretend i owned the house. If i did, and someone found out, they'd raise their eyebrows at me sideways because that's what you do when people front like that.

He pretended he owned the house when he was only renting. He lied. And it doesn't matter who you are or what you've done, when you front to make yourself look better and then you get caught in it you look like a douche.

i didn't know renters owned a percentage of the house...is this a rent to own establishment niko?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    When i lived in an apartment i didn't pretend i owned the house. If i did, and someone found out, they'd raise their eyebrows at me sideways because that's what you do when people front like that.

He pretended he owned the house when he was only renting. He lied. And it doesn't matter who you are or what you've done, when you front to make yourself look better and then you get caught in it you look like a douche.
    And how did he "pretend he owed more" again?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

Agree completely.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko

what kind of analogy is this...jay did own a piece of the house he lived in.

You can debate all day how much his stake is worth, but your analogy is the defintion of frontin'.

Anyone with common sense knows 1 mil can't control something worth over 300 mil.

But he definitely made his money back up countless of ways.

it's time to really stop the hate, Jay-Z is a brilliant dude.

What do you think his 1 mil invested is compared to his 500+ mil estimated worth?

The guys whose advice Jay-Z takes are the ones who are brilliant. He don't know jack shit, guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    And how did he "pretend he owed more" again?

Agree completely.
    He said he did on talk shows. He was asked how much he owned and if it was nothing and laughed and said he owned more. Do you think this was implying 1/15 of 1 percent at any time? News stories consistently said he owned 1% or more, he never said it's much less. It's much less.

I get how fantastic Jay Z is and i even think this is a very positive move but he wants the $350k to be presented like it's not surprising and that he didn't imply he had more, that's just false.

I don't care who you are, he fronted like he was a bigger owner than he was and he's mad people are commenting on it. He's also made people are saying he's no longer affiiliating himself with the Nets, he's not.

Is it a big deal? NO. But that doesn't mean he didn't front, and i'm not going to say he didn't. He's rich, he bangs Beyonce, he has a craptastic amount of money, and when he does something wrong we need to rationalize it away too? Serious?