Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    College star

Default Re: I got to hand it to Kobe Bryant at 34 and still "dueling" with the NBA's young guns..

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Dudes need to stop acting like Kobe is 42 years old. He's 34. It's not that old.
    Though 17 years in the league is pretty long to endure. Almost two decades.

Banned

Default Re: I got to hand it to Kobe Bryant at 34 and still "dueling" with the NBA's young guns..

Greatest player ever!

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    I wouldn't be shocked if at 37 he was still at 24ppg. If he doesn't retire of course.
    Very likely actually. As long as he keeps playing, he'll slow down the aging process.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry
    Very likely actually. As long as he keeps playing, he'll slow down the aging process.

What?

- the only reason Kobe is able to maintain his elite level is becuase he constantly maintains his overall health......every day.

- he's not slowing down his aging....he's working extremely hard to keep in shape.....extremely hard.

- anyone who dedicates thier life to bieng in top physical shape year round will still be very healthy as they enter mid life and beyond.....but let's not get it twisted.....

he is still aging like anyone else...he's just working harder then anyone to keep in great shape.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    What?

- the only reason Kobe is able to maintain his elite level is becuase he constantly maintains his overall health......every day.

- he's not slowing down his aging....he's working extremely hard to keep in shape.....extremely hard.

- anyone who dedicates thier life to bieng in top physical shape year round will still be very healthy as they enter mid life and beyond.....but let's not get it twisted.....

he is still aging like anyone else...he's just working harder then anyone to keep in great shape.
    exactly

excercise and diet have been a key factor in kobe's success this season. The dude cut out all junk food and is eats plenty of lean meats and vegetables. I know he doesnt drink at all, and most likely doesnt blaze, so his body must be feeling pretty good at this point. minus the wear and tear of a 38+ minute a game season.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    By stating "stop making it seem as if it's some rare feat" and then to come up with those 3 names ?... It does make it rare.
    exactly what i was thinking. what a clown.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Oh really, nice try Lebron fan. Let me fix that to what those guys did in their 17th seasons.

Kareem - 24ppg, 6rpg, 33 minutes per game
    Shaq - 17ppg, 8 rpg, 30 minutes per game
    Bird - retired
    Dirk - 2013 is only his 15th season
    Duncan - 2013 is only his 16th season
    West - retired
    Moses - 10ppg, 8rpg, 23 minutes per game
    Oscar - retired
    Kidd - 8ppg, 8apg, 4rpg, 33 minutes per game
    Russell - retired
    Baylor - retired

So, nice job, Lebron fans. The only 2 guys in there that look good, are 2 centers that don't rely on their athleticism as much. Great work, it's not a feat at all

How can you compare what these guys did in their 17th season with what Kobe did? Don't you know that Kobe skipped college. These guys all went and played in college. ONLY KOBESTAN IDIOTS CAN MAKE CLAIMS LIKE THESE...

Too bad Kobe's STAN base is full of idiots..

Let's not bring up the fact that Kobe has had EXPERIMENTAL NON FDA APPROVED knee surgery in GERMANY. I am sure that added a couple of years to his career. Grant HIll has played ever since he had a similar treatment and he was shot before it..
    Last edited by NBASTATMAN; 04-11-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    @ this LeBron stan/Heat bandwagoner getting sonned by every person in this thread. Even other Kobe haters.

Time for a new account, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    He is slowing down the aging process.

That's precisely what a good diet and exercise do.

You can't stop aging, but you can slow it down a bit by being active and eating well.

And staying active also helps your body heal.

All common medical knowledge.

If Kobe were to stop dieting and exercising, his body would age at a faster rate on a molecular level and he would be more prone to injury.

All people have a chronological age and a molecular age.

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    How can you compare what these guys did in their 17th season with what Kobe did? Don't you know that Kobe skipped college. These guys all went and played in college. ONLY KOBESTAN IDIOTS CAN MAKE CLAIMS LIKE THESE...

Too bad Kobe's STAN base is full of idiots..

Let's not bring up the fact that Kobe has had EXPERIMENTAL NON FDA APPROVED knee surgery in GERMANY. I am sure that added a couple of years to his career. Grant HIll has played ever since he had a similar treatment and he was shot before it..
    You're not trying to compare a season of college to a season in the NBA are you? You realize that MJ's entire college career doesn't add up to one season in the NBA with a title run, Karrem's total college career he played 88 games and the games are shorter. You seem fairly bright so I hope you're not going down that road because if you are it's a dead end

Oh wait, read the FDA comment... Nvm you're not as bright as you seem at first look

Like I said before it's not about actual age, it's about the mileage on their legs
    Last edited by daily; 04-11-2013 at 07:24 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

You can't stop aging, but you can slow it down a bit by being active and eating well.

If Kobe were to stop dieting and exercising, his body would age at a faster rate on a molecular level and he would be more prone to injury.

I am sure his eating habits have helped but the EXPERIMENTAL KNEE SURGERY is the biggest reason why he is still playing at a high level. He looks like he is 30 again.. No one can fix their knees by changing their eating habits..

Wish i would've seen the game.
    Props to Kobe...

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    I am sure his eating habits have helped but the EXPERIMENTAL KNEE SURGERY is the biggest reason why he is still playing at a high level. He looks like he is 30 again.. No one can fix their knees by changing their eating habits..
    It's not knee surgery. Your ignorance is astounding, yet you just keep talking.

Here's what they do for everyone that's had to read your BS.

First off let's clear something up. Kobe did not have it done this season. it's been nearly a year and a half since it was done and it's said to only last a few months.

They take out a vial of your own blood. Spin it up in a centrifuge and separate the different parts. They then inject the part they want back into the joint to help the body in the fight against inflammation from Arthritis. This is using something your own body makes already and just putting it in a concentrated form where it's needed.

- no...he's just staying in great shape so he can run and jump. He is not slowing down his aging....he is just in great shape.( so he can still participate in a athletic sport)

- the people who live the longest are not work out fanatics....( of course if someone is obese and putting added pressure on thier body it does make them more prone to heart desease etc...or drug use/smoking may cause organ faiure) but that nothing to do with aging.

- Staying active/in shape helps you recover from injury because your Body/ligiments muscles are stronger and more pliable ( to prevent tears/rips etc)..does not mean you are any younger.

- Kobe is in great shape....just as many people who are 34 and constantly work on maintaining excellent overall health.

that doesn't mean they are slowing down thier aging process and are going to live to 100....in fact they most likley ( if a male) will live to 65 - 70 years old....no matter what. Quality of life is going to be greater.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    it's been nearly a year and a half since it was done and it's said to only last a few months.
    It lasts at least 2-4 years.