Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Is Kobe the 2nd most marketable NBA player ever behind Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Kobes dad was an NBA player. You can't have better genetics for basketball than that. Dude was probably one of the best athletes to ever play the game when he was younger. Get that shit out of here.

so much stupidity in 1 post...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Kobes dad was an NBA player. You can't have better genetics for basketball than that.
    That really has sweet f**k all to do with Kobe as an athlete though. One of the best ever athletes to play the game? I wouldn't even rank him as one of the 6-7 most athletic perimeter players ever, and I'm not even including guys like Shaq, Wilt, Kemp etc who were also more explosive and athletically gifted in their primes. Of course, there are several ways to measure athleticism so it depends on what we're talking here.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 04-11-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498

so much stupidity in 1 post...
    Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    you said physical so I thought you meant body size. I was comparing Kobe's size to Jordan's. Kobe is one of the best athlete's I've seen along with Jordan.

If Kobe would have showed his personality more maybe he'd have more marketability. Lebron having that silly gene helped him in terms of marketability along with Shaq.
    No I was referring to their athletic physical gifts (leaping ability, quickness,speed,reaction/reflexes). Kobe is a poor man's Jordan in pretty much all of those categories, which is not a knock on Kobe. MJ was just one of the most gifted athletes ever. One 'physical' trait that Jordan has over Kobe is, as I mentioned before, his hands which really is just one of those god given gifts.

Personally, I find Kobe's game more aesthetically pleasing than Lebron's, but Lebron for the most part doesn't have the sort of aloof personality that has put some people off Kobe.

Saw a basketball once

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by donmawe

china has 1.35 billion people. Any superstar ranging from Leonardo Di Caprio to Tiger Woods to Lebron James generates legions of 'fans' or are you saying that only fans show up for Kobe?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore TheWalkman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thabisyo

People will never let that go
    Wellllllllllll, he did rape a chick. Not something ya kind of forget.

Banned

yep, he is.

I rule the local playground

The thing is jordan brought marketing to a completely untouched level....they were trying to give penny some shine at the time, but went down in irrelevance...

jordan's marketing is leagues above anybody else on the list. his brand alone reaches a far wider market than any other NBA player period. It's even breaking through into the current "hipster" trend. Everybody else is kind of wallowing behind.

I heard McGee is getting his own show tho.. so

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkman
    Wellllllllllll, he did rape a chick. Not something ya kind of forget.
    You can barely lace up your own sneakers.

Oh, and it wasn't a legitimate rape.

Dunking on everybody in the park

AI would be most marketable only if Stern gave him 1/10 of love that Kobe got

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    That really has sweet f**k all to do with Kobe as an athlete though. One of the best ever athletes to play the game? I wouldn't even rank him as one of the 6-7 most athletic perimeter players ever, and I'm not even including guys like Shaq, Wilt, Kemp etc who were also more explosive and athletically gifted in their primes. Of course, there are several ways to measure athleticism so it depends on what we're talking here.
    I don't give a **** kid.

Don't go off trying to portray Kobe as some huge underdog with several physical problems that hinder his ability to dominate. The guys dad was a professional NBA player(who gave him great genetics), he constantly practiced with his dads professional teams and grew up around that(which explains his fundamentals), he was rich and given every advantage possible. Watching young Kobe, the guy was as athletic as anyone thats ever played. You sound like a little kid, so you'll need to go on youtube to see the kind of athletic feats he was capable of.

Oh...and when he got drafted to a team with a bad history he bitched his way to LA so he could play on a stacked club. Has Kobe ever won a single playoff series in his career as an "underdog?" he only wins when his team is more stacked. I guarantee he gets **** creampied in the first round this year. GUARANTEED. CREAMPIE

Guys like Shaq who came from the hood and couldn't even dunk a basketball at 7 feet tall when he started playing are real underdogs.
    Last edited by TonyMontana; 04-11-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Lebron is Nike's most marketable player. Lebron is the face of Nike today, and Lebron's shoes are more popular as well.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    You can barely lace up your own sneakers.

Oh, and it wasn't a legitimate rape.
    A legitimate post...I'm impressed.

As for the rape allegation, everybody who has any common sense knows that chick was just looking to get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    Lebron is Nike's most marketable player. Lebron is the face of Nike today, and Lebron's shoes are more popular as well.
    Are they actually popular? I don't see a lot of them out there..
    Plus.. I don't really understand why anyone would buy those shoes. They cost what, $150?

I don't understand paying so much for basketball shoes. Maybe some casual shoes, leather shoes, whatever, but for a shoe that you are going to run, break in, and grind the hell out of? Hell just give me some $75 nike bball's and i'm good to go.

Other than the price, the shoe looks like a tank too. It's bulky and doesn't feel flexible at all..