Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: Rumor: I post random BS without links.

Euroleague>mods.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Not airballing my layups anymore winnnaz's Avatar

Not enough red bars.....

Made that high school varsity squad Booz Vivic's Avatar

Why are there some mods who use their power to troll. This guy knows his Euroleague stuff obviously. Saw him post about the Greek-Nigerian (don't remember his name) a while ago.

Jeff must be able to see who modded this article and ban him.

Decent playground baller

When something is fair it is fair and that's it. Euroleague may be stubborn and even insulting at times for people not respecting his ideas (some of which are nonsenses), he still brings some interesting information about European basketball.

This time he deserves an apology.

Serious playground baller

inb4 apology

I don't get picked last at the park anymore LLK21's Avatar

This is not a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Booz Vivic
    Why are there some mods who use their power to troll. This guy knows his Euroleague stuff obviously. Saw him post about the Greek-Nigerian (don't remember his name) a while ago.

Jeff must be able to see who modded this article and ban him.
    He once said that African Americans are bigger, stronger and more athletic because they eat a lot of American chicken which is stuffed with HGH, he even made a thread about it.

National High School Star

Lol, rep system is back and I get negged by someone with the spelling skills of an 5th grader. I'd almost think it was Euroleague, but then he probably likes this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    He once said that African Americans are bigger, stronger and more athletic because they eat a lot of American chicken which is stuffed with HGH, he even made a thread about it.

Link to thread?

Well, maybe this has been in the works for awhile. As they have been doing a lot of research on international players.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/Spo...A_teams/315216

For the first time Eurobasket opened a scouting service for the NBA teams.
    We realized we had the deepest basketball database as we follow stats practically all pro and semi-pro leagues around the world.
    But in a conquest to collect as much data as possible, we did not focus enough on offering it to our potential customers, who could easily utilize our resources.
    However at the beginning of this season we were approached by the Detroit Pistons searching to expand their international and domestic college scouting.
    The collaboration resulted with designing for them the customized system, which allows them to receive daily all data regarding all leagues and players they are interested.
    Eurobasket IT manager Ernest Hertig: "It was a brand new project we have never tried before. We had to design it from scratch and I admit it took more time that we originally estimated. It did not happen without some late-night code changes including many weekends."

What data amount is required for professional team to do such deep scouting?
    E.H.: "In the case of the Detroit Pistons, we managed to provide to their scouting department approximately over 60,000 files with stats data. So you can imagine how big amount it was. And U.S. pro and college is less than half of a total amount."

How complicated the project was?
    E.H.: "The tests started actually many months ago. But we had to baby-sit the project until practically April to assure smooth data flow. But consider that it was the biggest amount of basketball stats data ever put in a single system and then sent. It required quite a lot of resources of our servers and coding. No one in history tried to accomplish it and we managed to succeed it.
    As I know none of the NBA teams except Pistons does so in-depth international scouting, at least no other team has such amount of stats data to work with. The first year was quite challenging as we had to design practically everything. But we are also looking forward to continue that relation with the Pistons in upcoming years. But since the hardest part is designed, now it should be much easier."

So is Eurobasket involvement into NBA scouting only about providing stats?
    E.H.: "Of course not. The stats were the most crucial part. However the next step is to design the system where the users can easily browse all that data. And here we are talking not just about typical basketball fan, but about the scouting staff who needs to twist stats from all possible angles. We are currently making the final tests of these tools and they will be available not just for the Pistons, but also to our other customers."
    Well, thank you for a short interview and we will check the website for final launch.

-------------------------

Looks like they definitely have intent on bringing in some international players.