Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Clippers now straight up run LA easily with no threat of being overtaken

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    they're a better team for sure...but they'll never run LA. if you're not from here you can't comment on this
    this. Clippers could win the west 5 more times and they''d still be second page news.

There will be more articles and more coverage about the Lakers losing then there will be about the Clippers winning.

Just how it is. People can pretend or deny it's the truth all they want but they're just in denial. Lakers own LA, then the Dodgers, Kings and Angles... Clippers are down there somewhere after Trojan football around the Galaxy Soccer team

Banned

Default Re: Clippers now straight up run LA easily with no threat of being overtaken

I think its too early to say. If the clippers win a championship within the next few years than it would be fair to say that they run LA for the time being.

When you win 1 division title in 42 years you're not running anything.

Useless thread.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I'm a Clippers fan AND this is absurd.
    My condolences

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    My condolences
    Hey, I'm not complaining. We've kicked your hero's ass all season.

Chris Paul*

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    When you win 1 division title in 42 years you're not running anything.

Useless thread.
    Hard to believe they've been in LA for nearly 30 years now. Remember going to games in the Sports Arena with my dad

LA will always be a Lakers town, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just think it's ironic that most of the Clipper bandwagon fans are disgruntled Laker fans.

I rule the local playground bukowski81's Avatar

If I had to bet I would bet that the Lakers win their next championship before the clippers win their first.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    He's not leaving. There's a higher probability that Dwight leaves the Lakers, than Paul leaving the Clippers.

I think they're both leaving, but we'll have to wait and see.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Someone let me know when the Clippers have

16 titles
    32 conference titles
    23 division titles (yay! They have 1! Only 22 more to go!)
    And 9 retired jerseys with 4-5 of them being considered top 10-15 players all-time.
    Typical laker fan response which means nothing right now. Clippers will run L.A. Sure maybe there will be more laker fans, but the Clippers will be the team there. laker fans can continue to live in the past. What happened yesterday doesn't matter today or tomorrow.

the clippers are not that great and will be a second round exit and they can never run LA with 0 ships, 0 conference titles

orlando swept the lakers in the 2009 reg season and the lakers finished them off in 5 in the finals

clippers just got lucky with cp3 after the vetoed trade to, you guessed it, the lakers

lakers have cap space in about a year so all this talk will be fun while it lasted for clippers bandwagoners

stay low and mad

I compare the Clippers / Laker rivalry to my Sooners and the OSU Cowboys. The Sooners (Lakers) are the best team in the state / city. When someone thinks of football in Oklahoma, they think of the Sooners. The OSU Cowboys are the little brother and will always be little brothers. Sure they get a good team once every 10 or 15 years and beat the Sooners when they are down but they are still the little brother. The Lakers are just down at the moment and will resume whooping the Clippers asses soon enough. BTW, I'm in no way a Laker fan but I have to give respect when it's due. The Clippers better enjoy beating them right now because they know that daddy will be home soon.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Congrats to the clippers, It only took them 30 years. I remember the year they got farther in the playoffs than the Lakers, with Elton Brand and Co. Clipper fans were talking so much shit, then what happened? 7 or 8 more years of mediocrity. Last I heard, Donald Sterling still owns the team, so don't be surprised when it all implodes. They got a nice team, Lets see if they can hold it together for a few years before we start calling them the kings of LA.
    Respect

This is what everyone needs to understand. Historically, the Clippers don't run LA. As of right now? Yeah sure. But you have to keep up the winning or it's just a one or two good years run.

And this is coming from a Clippers fan.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Typical laker fan response which means nothing right now. Clippers will run L.A. Sure maybe there will be more laker fans, but the Clippers will be the team there. laker fans can continue to live in the past. What happened yesterday doesn't matter today or tomorrow.

This sounds like something a kid would say. Sorry bro, but it sports you're comparing an infant (clips) to a grown man (lakers)

Read up on your bball history, get your shit together and come back to all of us when you know.

And if you are a grown man then wow