Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    <3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Default Re: Are there more torn ACLs now?

Quote Originally Posted by UnbiasedGuy
    This board is so clueless on fitness

More muscle does equate to less flexibility, but only if you only lift without stretching regularly. The most obvious example which may apply to many of you is stronger/bigger quads = less flexible hamstrings/posterior chain. People that play jumping sports, i.e volleyball, basketball, etc need to stretch their posterior, or risk decreasing their ROM/flexibility. I am sure that professional basketball players are not subject to these adverse effects of increased muscle mass, as they have personal trainers and stretching routines.
    I generally agree with what you're saying. I don't stress stretching but I do stretch whatever muscle I lift that day post workout, despite this I'm still not as flexible as prior to lifting.

I feel like some people here think I'm saying you're going to lose all flexibility which I'm not. I'm just giving my experience and others I also know in RL and basically all have experienced some form of decreased flexibility. I used to be able to lock my hands behind my back not even 2 years ago...now I'm lucky for my damn fingers to touch.

I'm not saying everyone is on PEDS. I mean, they ARE... haha, but they have been. That's not why, I don't think.

People may be training way too hard, though. Watching those Gatorade ads... they have like 5 different types of Gatorade products you're supposed to use during your workout. At a certain point, you need to rest.

And yea muscle and flexibility are not related. I am extremely un-flexible... with an athletic build. It's kind of sad. I can't even touch my toes.

I personally believe it has to do with players starting training too early and not resting enough.

People might say LOL ITS LIKE THE HUMAN BODY HAS OUT-EVOLVED THE ACL!! But if you are performing at a level above what your body (or any body?) should be capable of doing, then I believe you are at more risk for injury due to the fact that the structure of your body doesn't change.

A lot of people will say LEBRON, but LeBron plays very under control. You really don't see Bron jumping wildly. I think gathering is important, too, you'd think if players took time to gather and jump off of both feet, landing on both feet with balance, it would be better for their bodies.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    Lots of wild speculation in this thread. Please provide some sort of verifiable data to back up your claims.

What PEDs are NBA athletes mainly taking? I want to do some research.
    Likely any one that would help. lol. You just don't see people who are that ripped... who are also endurance athletes.

I mean, if someone was taking a supplement, that's still a PED. You can decide where the line in terms of legality is. My theory is they probably don't care as long as they won't get caught.

-Smak