Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant vs LeBron James ( battle for the greatest of this era ) round 1

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    Is Kobe not having one of the best, if not the best season of his career?
    Quote Originally Posted by lebeast666
    Thought Kobe was shooting career high FG%. Y'all made it sound like nikka was in his prime playing the best ball he's ever played. Ooooh Kobe with the "greatest longevity"
    That's props to him. Doing it even at the tailend of his career

You guys won't be seeing the same out of Lebron, so appreciate it. Dude's going to drop off so hard when he passes 32, once he's not longer able to just out-muscle people.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant vs LeBron James ( battle for the greatest of this era ) round 1

As of now Kobe had to be higher on the all time lists...especially with his great play for the most part this year.

However, if Lebron were to sweep MVP, FMVP, and add another title...I think it becomes a toss up.

That would be 4 mvps, 2 titles, 2 finals mvps vs 1 mvp, 5 titles, 2 finals mvps

8 vs 8 on the main legacy stuff that people care about. While Lebron hasn't matched the longevity yet...if you look at years as an elite player

Kobe has 13 (14 if you count 00)

Lebron has 9 (10 if you count 04)

So it's a little closer even on the longevity side of it as well.

I'd probably still rank Kobe over Lebron even if Lebron did sweep, but at that point the writing would be on the wall and only a severe injury could keep Lebron from passing him within a year or two at most.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Dude i enjoy troll threads as much as the other guy but werent you the one that when somebody else argued lebron being best player you said something like this

A player in his 17th season comparing to a player in his 10th season just goes to show you how great in his 17th season.

I mean kobe at the same age had only three rings no FMVPs and no MVPs.

This is a big kobe fan talking;logic you apply doesnt fit your own logic

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    As of now Kobe had to be higher on the all time lists...especially with his great play for the most part this year.

However, if Lebron were to sweep MVP, FMVP, and add another title...I think it becomes a toss up.

That would be 4 mvps, 2 titles, 2 finals mvps vs 1 mvp, 5 titles, 2 finals mvps

8 vs 8 on the main legacy stuff that people care about. While Lebron hasn't matched the longevity yet...if you look at years as an elite player

Kobe has 13 (14 if you count 00)

Lebron has 9 (10 if you count 04)

So it's a little closer even on the longevity side of it as well.

I'd probably still rank Kobe over Lebron even if Lebron did sweep, but at that point the writing would be on the wall and only a severe injury could keep Lebron from passing him within a year or two at most.
    Honestly I think people will for the most part will rank Lebron higher if he does sweep this year.

since you're putting an asterisk on the lockout season, imma put an asterisk on the stolen King's title, the 2 others Shaq gave to Kobe, the one Gasol gave to Kobe, and the one Artest gave to Kobe. just to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    since you're putting an asterisk on the lockout season, imma put an asterisk on the stolen King's title, the 2 others Shaq gave to Kobe, the one Gasol gave to Kobe, and the one Artest gave to Kobe. just to be fair.

is this logic? silly lebron stans.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    That's props to him. Doing it even at the tailend of his career

You guys won't be seeing the same out of Lebron, so appreciate it. Dude's going to drop off so hard when he passes 32, once he's not longer able to just out-muscle people.
    Thanks for telling us what LeBron will be like in 5 years from now. Can you also tell me if I'll be a millionaire.

I feel like Kobe stans like to compare him to LeBron now because they think "now is the chance, before LeBron starts winning". That's how it really is unless a serious injury comes LeBrons way.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Honestly I think people will for the most part will rank Lebron higher if he does sweep this year.
    I agree. And I won't have a problem with that, but I do think Kobe would be being a little undervalued perhaps if that were to happen.

But I also think Lebron, as a player, has hit a level Kobe never reached...so I totally get it.

But let's see what happens first. Not going to be easy for the Heat this year...despite what everyone is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    If LeBron has so much impact than how did he lose 3 straight years with home court advantage to an under seed?
    Because this is a team game and the better team will win, the better/best team reveals itself entirely ONLY in the playoffs.

Because Cavs were full with scrubs, overarchieving due to ONE players massive IMPACT, the better actual TEAMs he faced in the playoffs figured out how to play them/him in 7 games and how to abuse the rest of his teammates offensively....

Cavs were more like a one man army, rather than a team.... they won because of ONE man, not because of their team depth.... a greater team simply overplays that ONE guy and lets those scrubs try to beat them.... and the strategy always worked... just like it did with Jordan in the 80s for example....

If he has so much impact than why is it that he had to jump on to a team with 2 other superstars in their prime along with the "other" best player in the league who was also putting together historical statistical seasons.
    1st of all, Wade WAS a superstar, but he is an all-star......... you have to play/produce like a superstar to be a superstar....

Bosh? Superstar? Stop... stop right there...

...and who the hell is that "other" best player?

Why did Lebron jump to another team? Because in his 7 years the best player he ever recieved was Mo Williams.... or perhaps Larry Hughes..... After 7 years he realised how his future would end up if he stayed there.....

It wouldnt matter if he averaged 40 point triple doubles and won MVP/DPOY every year, he had scrubs around him and because it is a team game he would end up his career RINGLESS in Cleveland..... because if they cant make any better moves after 7 years then why waste his prime years there?

Lebron had to venture out and put HIMSELF in the position Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell and so on and so on were.......... those guys didnt have to move a finger...... they got their supporting casts handed to them on a silverplate, some immediately, some a bit later.... thats why they didnt had to jump on any other team... those players were NOT in Lebrons position....

(What he did was the equivalent to Walton and Kareem joining in '77, or Magic and Bird joining from '86-'88, Jordan and Hakeem joining in '93, or Russell and Chamberlain teaming up in the 60s, because you know why? These guys were not only thought of as the two best players in the league, but also at the same level as the other guy, just like LeBron and Wade.) And most importantly if he has so much impact how was he outplayed by a player coming off the bench in the Finals?
    Wrong, wrong and wrong.... Bosh/Wade isnt equivalent the caliber of players Kareem nor Magic nor Hakeem.... nowhere there...

Lebron plays with a 20-5-5 SG and a 17-7-2 PF (with bad defense)....... thats more accurately equivalent of Jordan (at best) joining a declining Clyde Drexler and Brad Daugherty........... and again, why would Jordan do that anyways? He already had Pippen, Grant, Rodman, Kukoc etc. best coach etc. won championships back to back and so on......... you see, you cant talk about these hypothetical situations because Jordan was not in Lebrons position at all...... if he were... oh my god... he would have left long time ago, but unlike Lebron not before complaining/whining and threating to leave.... joining a WORSE team which Lebron did is not equivalent of joining a better team who won championships before the "joining".... Lebron joined a much worse team who with its all-star playing Wade missed the playoffs and/or lost in 1st round 5 years in a row, even during Wades superstar playing days..... if he wouldnt have joined them they would have NOT won the championship........ but Kareem/Magic without Jordan would........ every season....
    Last edited by pauk; 04-02-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Great college starter

Kobe is ahead as of now. They both have had terrible NBA finals showings. They both needed the best team in the league to win rings. Both are overrated defensively. Both are stats monsters. They are interchangeable. It's a case of what do you value more.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    Kobe is ahead as of now. They both have had terrible NBA finals showings. They both needed the best team in the league to win rings. Both are overrated defensively. Both are stats monsters. They are interchangeable. It's a case of what do you value more.

It's getting really hard to over-rate Bron defensively unless someone is claiming his on ball defense is what makes him great.

He's one of the best perimeter defenders ever at this point and has been playing at that level since 09 roughly...he's improved over that time of course, but I'd actually say his defensive impact has been under-rated a bit.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It's getting really hard to over-rate Bron defensively unless someone is claiming his on ball defense is what makes him great.

He's one of the best perimeter defenders ever at this point and has been playing at that level since 09 roughly...he's improved over that time of course, but I'd actually say his defensive impact has been under-rated a bit.
    Overrated because people have called the best ever. He is not even close to the best perimeter defender now. Also the refs let him get away with physical play. I think he is a good defender.

Overrated because people have called the best ever. He is not even close to the best perimeter defender now. Also the refs let him get away with physical play. I think he is a good defender.
    I've heard people say he's the most versatile perimeter defender ever. Never once have I ever heard someone say he's the best perimeter defender ever.

If someone did...then yes, that would be over-rating him.

Quote Originally Posted by lebeast666
    Thanks for telling us what LeBron will be like in 5 years from now. Can you also tell me if I'll be a millionaire.
    No, you won't.

And pauk just went pauk again