Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sim Bhullar

Not airballing my layups anymore winnnaz's Avatar

Default Sim Bhullar

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...o-state-center

7'5 355 pounder from canada.
    Parents are of Indian descent, meaning he is being touted by some as the successor to Yao.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Sim Bhullar

He needs to lose 80 pounds. He's clearly out of shape and beyond the on-court issues with being slow he'll have injury problems with all of that excess.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I assume he would be the first Indian ever to play in any major basketball L?

except the fact that he sucks

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

I hope he's as good as Prime Gheorge Muresan.

this guy is terrible. he is the very definition of big and wutless

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    this guy is terrible. he is the very definition of big and wutless
    He's not terrible. I've watched quite a few NMSU games this season and despite carrying at least 50 extra lbs, he's been the most important reason why they qualified for the tourney and had that long streak of wins. He makes the most of his size by clogging up the lane, swatting shots, and altering many more. He's got pretty good hands and can score in the paint and shows a soft touch despite being very raw down there. You've got to remember he's only a freshman and will only continue to get in better shape and improve barring injuries. 10 points/7 rebounds/2.5 blocks while only committing 2 fouls per game hardly turning it over on 62% from the field is very good for a freshman big man even in the WAC. Even being out of shape, he's consistently played 30+ minutes a game the past few months.

I don't think the NBA is out of the question if he keeps up the learning curve he's shown this season.

OT, but there's another Canadian kid on that team named Daniel Mullings who's really impressed me. He has elite athleticism, good scoring instincts, and is a tenacious defender. If he can learn to become more of a playmaker, you'll be hearing a lot about him next year.
    Last edited by Grinder; 03-19-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    He's not terrible. I've watched quite a few NMSU games this season and despite carrying at least 50 extra lbs, he's been the most important reason why they qualified for the tourney and had that long streak of wins. He makes the most of his size by clogging up the lane, swatting shots, and altering many more. He's got pretty good hands and can score in the paint and shows a soft touch despite being very raw down there. You've got to remember he's only a freshman and will only continue to get in better shape and improve barring injuries. 10 points/7 rebounds/2.5 blocks while only committing 2 fouls per game hardly turning it over on 62% from the field is very good for a freshman big man even in the WAC. Even being out of shape, he's consistently played 30+ minutes a game the past few months.

I don't think the NBA is out of the question if he keeps up the learning curve he's shown this season.

OT, but there's another Canadian kid on that team named Daniel Mullings who's really impressed me. He has elite athleticism, good scoring instincts, and is a tenacious defender. If he can learn to become more of a playmaker, you'll be hearing a lot about him next year.
    He hasn't faced any legitimate bigs with both size and speed. He won't be able to play in the NBA the way he is now. If he drops 50 lbs? I'll believe it when I see it. I very familiar with this kid (from Toronto) and he looks exactly the same as he did 4 years ago. I'm not sure what exactly is supposed to change that will make him lose the weight.

Daniel Mullings I am definitely familiar with. Went to HS in my area in Toronto (Scarborough). To tell you the truth I didn't really expect him to play much, even this year, until his junior year but he's really surprised me. Let's just keep in mind he's a 22 year old sophomore, so he's much older than his peers (at least true soph peers). He's definitely athletic and will definitely have a shot at being a 1st rounder on his that and his defence alone, but you are right, he will have to show his playmaking ability next year

Mamadou N;Diaye >>

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...mamadou-ndiaye

27.1/14 with 4 blocks on 77% shooting.

Just pissed he's going to UC Irvine next year, going to kill the Big West.

Quote Originally Posted by winnnaz
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...o-state-center

7'5 355 pounder from canada.
    Parents are of Indian descent, meaning he is being touted by some as the successor to Yao.
    He needs to lose 100 pounds.

Banned

About weight, if he can carry his without losing agility i.e. Shaquille O'neal he should be fine in bigger leagues.

Banned

Also, does he have his equally big brother too? Where is he now?
    Last edited by kaiteng; 03-19-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    About weight, if he can carry his without losing agility i.e. Shaquille O'neal he should be fine in bigger leagues.
    He can't move anywhere near as well as young Shaq. He has NBA potential but he won't last long at 355lbs. Knees and ankles aren't built to support NBA-level activity at that weight. If he doesn't lose a lot of weight he's going to be done in 3-5 years.

Dude needs to go on the Biggest Loser and lose 120 pounds.

Not airballing my layups anymore winnnaz's Avatar