Default Re: Grizzlies have won 14 of their last 15 games

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Gay is a F@ggot.

All f@ggots are Gay.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Some of the passes he makes are
    Indeed the guys all around package is just to much for any other centre atm. A point centre who can pass/defend/shoot free throws at an elite level and most people I bet don't have have have top 5.

They havnt missed a beat.. But saying that they were very good without him before when he got hurt...

Addition by subtraction...

I'd like to see all these empty numbers people like Rondo and Gay on a team together. Just to see what would happen. Would they manage a negative win total for the season somehow? Ball-dominant PG who jaws with his teammates and can only score like twelve points a game; ball-dominant SF who puts up barely 20 per on midrange fadeaways who isn't good at handling the ball, driving, passing, or defense. Who else would fill this roster out? Has anyone heard from Josh Howard lately? But at least Howard never pretended to want any part of the ball after the first half...

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    They havnt missed a beat.. But saying that they were very good without him before when he got hurt...
    Don't forget about Qunicy Pondexter he was a MASSIVE loss off the bench hes the glue to that bench cause of his energy, defense and ability to just about always hit a shot when it matters.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I think the Gay thing kind of proves that you don't want a "star" (quotes for emphasis on whether or not Gay is a star) when that star can't be the best player on a title winning team.

Gay is simply not good enough to lead a team to a title as the best player. Therefore you don't want him on your team given his style of play. Same with Carmelo. Knicks would be better by trading him for a couple nice pieces because not Carmelo led team will ever win the title in my opinion.

So it's either get rid of them...or make them number 2 guys, but the problem is that Gay and Carmelo play a style that make it difficult for them to be effective playing a secondary role on a team.

Carmelo is obviously better than Gay, and he is a very good late game player, but I just don't think either guy can be the number 1 on a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Carmelo is obviously better than Gay, and he is a very good late game player, but I just don't think either guy can be the number 1 on a champion.
    There is literally only like 2-5 players at one time in the NBA who can be the #1 on a championship team tho so I'm not sure trading away a guy for pieces is always the right thing to do but I do get your point.

I think the Gay thing kind of proves that you don't want a "star" (quotes for emphasis on whether or not Gay is a star) when that star can't be the best player on a title winning team.

Gay is simply not good enough to lead a team to a title as the best player. Therefore you don't want him on your team given his style of play. Same with Carmelo. Knicks would be better by trading him for a couple nice pieces because not Carmelo led team will ever win the title in my opinion.

So it's either get rid of them...or make them number 2 guys, but the problem is that Gay and Carmelo play a style that make it difficult for them to be effective playing a secondary role on a team.

I don't think Carmelo is a number one option either, he's one of those players that are good at what they do and that's it. He needs a good pg in order to be effective in a team because he can't be one.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Rudy Gay is an overpaid black hole. He's not even better than Prime Jamal Mashburn.
    English motherf.ucker, do you speak it?

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    There is literally only like 2-5 players at one time in the NBA who can be the #1 on a championship team tho so I'm not sure trading away a guy for pieces is always the right thing to do but I do get your point.
    I agree, so you have two choices if you want to win the title. Either get one of those championship number 1 guys to pair with a player like Gay (and hope he can play a secondary role)...which seems unlikely

Or...trade that player that we know can't be the best player and hope to create something like the 04 and 05 Pistons. Which is exactly what Hollinger/Grizzlies are trying to do (hence the Prince move)

Winning a title is really hard....hardest league in all of sports to win the title is the NBA.

Agreed.

I'm very wary of "stars." I don't believe in them... but of course, in the last 30 years, all but like 2 or 3 title-winning teams have had a top 3 player on them. So it's clear that superstars really help... but just stars? Not so much.

I actually thought Gay was what gave them the edge over us. He always seemed to do well against Lebron, and the rest of the Grizzlies were too physical and did a good job containing the rest of our players. Rudy always seemed to go off on Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I actually thought Gay was what gave them the edge over us. He always seemed to do well against Lebron, and the rest of the Grizzlies were too physical and did a good job containing the rest of our players. Rudy always seemed to go off on Lebron.
    In any one game or even a small sample, Gay could go off and be great...but over the course of a season...or more specifically a playoff run...he won't be consistently good enough to play such a prominent role on a championship team given his style of play.

In any one game or even a small sample, Gay could go off and be great...but over the course of a season...or more specifically a playoff run...he won't be consistently good enough to play such a prominent role on a championship team given his style of play.

Sure he will. You need a PG to hold him, which Conley does not. Lowry can. And his game was too forced to work with a flowing a big man duo like they have in Memphis.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 03-14-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

There is no doubt in my mind the Grizzlies will lose in the 1st round. Karma for being such a cheap franchise