Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Magic Johnson just put up a million dollars to lebron for the dunk contest

The NBA currently pays $100,000 to the winner and $50,000 to the runner-up..........

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Magic Johnson just put up a million dollars to lebron for the dunk contest

i can realistically see lebron not even passing the first round even if he pulls off the best dunks of his life.

he's not a contest dunker. doesn't need to be to prove anything.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    i can realistically see lebron not even passing the first round even if he pulls off the best dunks of his life.
    In high school he perfectly replicated Carter's 2000 performance. Plus unless MJ is one of the judges it will be rigged for him. Only way he loses is if he misses dunks, which won't happen with James.

Kobe, Dwight, Blake, and Lebron. let's do this!

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Kobe, Dwight, Blake, and Lebron. let's do this!

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    He has. But there is no reason, anywhere, anytime, where an NBA legend should be handing a million bucks over to the highest paid player in the NBA. Like someone else said if they change it up and say there will be a donation to the charity of their choosing, fine. But don't give a million to the f'n winner.
    Anybody with any kind of common sense knows that million goes to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    In high school he perfectly replicated Carter's 2000 performance. Plus unless MJ is one of the judges it will be rigged for him. Only way he loses is if he misses dunks, which won't happen with James.
    you underestimate choking james when without the help of his friends

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Terrance Ross
    LeBron James
    Russel Westbrook
    Blake Griffin
    Demar Derozan
    Dwight Howard (If he's healthier and has more of his jump back)
    That would be a perfect lineup.

Defending Champion
    Superstar every has wanted in it for ages
    Super athletic PG
    Previous Champion (even if it was rigged)
    Athletic Wingman (who was robbed twice)
    Previous Winner

And none of them are over the hill either

Quote Originally Posted by DropStep
    Magic Johnson loves to say crazy shit in the heat of the moment.

How many dunk contests did Magic do for the good of the game?

maybe i'm just a cyncist, but this just seems like an ESPN job more then magic wanting to see lebron.

EPSN: Hey magic, dunk contest has sucked ass last few years. Heres a million dollars, go call out lebron on national television. If you do we'll keep you around another year.

magic: no problem, i wanna see lebron in the contest anyways.

ESPN: make sure you talk about it nonstop for the next 11 months.

and now ESPN will continue to talk about it and get the rating and try to up the exposure and all that crap.

to me it just seems like a win-win for ESPN/NBA so i wouldn't doubt that they put up the money.

Does he have creative dunks? I always see normal dunks in the dunk contest. at least some are creative, they bring in props or use out of bounds territory (dwight 2008)

College star

Magic is just trying to get Lebron to join the Fakers.
    Nice try Magic.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCL

he's not a contest dunker. doesn't need to be to prove anything.

BUllshit He did the JR Dider Dunk like it was nothing with his Warmups on the other night. He would of Easily won this years dunk Contest not to mention his popularity would of Drew Alot more ooohs and Ahhs from Crowd and Judges.

It's actually sad if that is what takes LeBron to enter a dunk contest.