Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Jason Kidd in Last 13 Games.....Yikes

Kidd needs a coach like Pop that will manage his minutes. Kidd was playing way too many minutes at the beginning of the season. He needs to be 20 minute a game guy who closes out games as the SG position.
    Agreed.

I've noticed minutes are managed horribly in the NBA. If you are a championship contender, that's a hundred games a season. If you got old guys you gotta save them for the postseason... Clippers and Knicks I'm talking to you...

Are you kidding? Harris use to shut down star point guards. He shut down prime Steve Nash.
    His defense was good I'll give you that. So is John Wall's though. Doesn't mean you want him to be the captain of a team that aspires to a championship in the short-term.

Kidd has gotten blown up by almost every star point guard in the game. Do you remember when Chris Paul pounded his chest saying Kidd can't guard me? When he went right at Jason Kidd scoring 39 points?
    How does he do guarding 2s?

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Poor mans Derek Fisher with considerably less Bball IQ. Cut his ass.

spoken like a true ISH crackhead.whos your supplier? whoever it is got that good good! lol

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    Kidd has gotten blown up by almost every star point guard in the game. Do you remember when Chris Paul pounded his chest saying Kidd can't guard me? When he went right at Jason Kidd scoring 39 points?
    Well... first, I don't think there are really anyone that could guard CP3 ESPECIALLY that year. That was one of the most impressive point guard seasons in recent memory. But as I said, yes Devin Haris was better suited to guard top point guards one on one. But Dallas doesn't always play defense one on one and they didn't have Kidd guarding PG's all the time. I also said that it's debatable and if you want to say Devin in 2006-7 was a better defender than Kidd was in 2011, I don't have a problem with that. But when you say he was "superior" that implies that there is a wide gap and there just isn't. Kidd guarded Kobe, Durant, Wade, LeBron and Westbrook with success in 2011 and that merits mentions. Devin was "superior" to Kidd in man to man defense, but he was not overall.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shortsoptional
    Well... first, I don't think there are really anyone that could guard CP3 ESPECIALLY that year. That was one of the most impressive point guard seasons in recent memory. But as I said, yes Devin Haris was better suited to guard top point guards one on one. But Dallas doesn't always play defense one on one and they didn't have Kidd guarding PG's all the time. I also said that it's debatable and if you want to say Devin in 2006-7 was a better defender than Kidd was in 2011, I don't have a problem with that. But when you say he was "superior" that implies that there is a wide gap and there just isn't. Kidd guarded Kobe, Durant, Wade, LeBron and Westbrook with success in 2011 and that merits mentions. Devin was "superior" to Kidd in man to man defense, but he was not overall.
    The fact that Dallas had to put JJ Barea on Chris Paul instead of Kidd. Should be embarrassing enough. That is the mark of an elite defender like Kidd. After getting blown out for 30 points you switch to JJ BAREA.
    Last edited by HorryIsMyMVP; 02-28-2013 at 02:45 PM.

The fact that Dallas had to put JJ Barea on Chris Paul instead of Kidd. Should be embarrassing enough. That is the mark of an elite defender like Kidd. After getting blown out for 30 points you switch to JJ BAREA.

Maybe you can help me remember what game you are referring to. I thought you were talking about how CP3 beat up on Dallas in the 08 playoffs. In that series, JJ Barea played a total of 5 minutes. If you are referring to the 2011 playoffs, JJ Barea was inserted in to the starting lineup in the Finals for offensive purposes only. Dallas never played Chris Paul in the playoffs that year.

Not sure we're on the same page here.
    Last edited by shortsoptional; 02-28-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    Exaggeration...
    eh he did alot on that team. Things you cant just see in stats he hit the open three, spread the floor, facilitated and gave a veteran perspective and leadership to that team with dirk and crew, this year he started out alright too, just age is obviously not letting him compete for a whole season.
    yup when roody and Barera were on the floor for long stretches the MAvs lost focus, the veterans on that Mav team, Terry, Marion and Kidd were what won them that chip along with God mode Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    He's coasting

Are you kidding? Harris use to shut down star point guards. He shut down prime Steve Nash.
    my grandmama could too... shut ur ass up boy.

Maybe his team mates realized how pathetic he has become since his prime and that put a fire under them?

Come at me bros.

Maybe his team mates realized how pathetic he has become since his prime and that put a fire under them?
    Obvious trolling at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Huh? Kidd knocked down 20 more three's than Dirk in those playoffs (lead the team with 43 threes), dished out twice as many assists as the next highest Mav (153 assists to Barea's 71), and lead the team in steals (40 in 21 games). Not to mention the intangible impact he had and defensive edge he provides at his position. No need to denigrate him and his performance. Fact that he won a championship with the team that drafted him is even more badass.

Seriously, what year is it? Kidd has been an awful defender for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Veteran presence. He could seriously shoot 20% for the playoffs and the team would be better off with him on the court for 20 and JR Smith for 30 rather than JR Smith for 40.

This team wins nothing without JKidd. Neither do those Mavs. You *need* a guy like him. Especially if you're such an unbalanced team like the Knicks (JR, Felton, Melo, Amare, a ton of old guys who will be injured every other game so your lineup's never the same...)
    No. Because Prigioni is definitely better than Kidd at this time. Prigioni should be getting more minutes. That's where Woodson is being stupid.

Big reason why Knicks have fallen off abit..

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Seriously, what year is it? Kidd has been an awful defender for years now.
    That much is clearly obvious. Tyson Chandler and Marion and even Deshawn Stevenson covered up a lot of Kidd and Dirk's defense inability. Kidd can guard jump shots but he hasn't been able to stay in front of anyone for at least 5 years now. Frankly I could see Kidd guarding players like Kobe but it wouldn't have any effect on if they miss or not.