Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Why do people believe Carmelo Anthony is as good as Lebron on offense(if not better)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    People say it because Carmelo's offensive repertoire is better than Lebron's. I say that and I actually hate Carmelo.
    I see so having a better offensive repertoire leads carmelo to only having 1 pint per game than lebron on 12 % less shooting efficiency. Interesting. Seems like he has a better arsenal of scoring maneuvers but they are no where near as successful or mastered as lebron's few abilities to score.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Why do people believe Carmelo Anthony is as good as Lebron on offense(if not better)?

It is now a myth.. It was true but now Lebron has developed a consistent jumper and 3 point shot to go with his improved post up game and he is still best in league taking ball to basket. In a nutshell Lebron is not as limited as he used to be offensively and Melo although great is not as efficient either. I have no problem people calling Melo better scorer although I know Lebron could be but he is focused on making right play and winning which is a couple of the reasons why he is a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
    I see so having a better offensive repertoire leads carmelo to only having 1 pint per game than lebron on 12 % less shooting efficiency. Interesting. Seems like he has a better arsenal of scoring maneuvers but they are no where near as successful or mastered as lebron's few abilities to score.
    Didn't say they were more successful or more effective captain fuggin obvious. I'm stating that Carmelo has a better offensive repertoire. I'm saying that's why people could be saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    It is now a myth.. It was true but now Lebron has developed a consistent jumper and 3 point shot to go with his improved post up game and he is still best in league taking ball to basket. In a nutshell Lebron is not as limited as he used to be offensively and Melo although great is not as efficient either. I have no problem people calling Melo better scorer although I know Lebron could be but he is focused on making right play and winning which is a couple of the reasons why he is a better player.
    I guess peole want Lebron to play more Melo ball. Maybe pass less and all that. That's all I can think of. Somebody told me it's cause Melo's game just looks so much better lol.

Banned

I guess peole want Lebron to play more Melo ball. Maybe pass less and all that. That's all I can think of. Somebody told me it's cause Melo's game just looks so much better lol.
    Bath salts have been spreading like crazy.

Local High School Star

Didn't say they were more successful or more effective captain fuggin obvious. I'm stating that Carmelo has a better offensive repertoire. I'm saying that's why people could be saying it.
    Wouldn't a "better" offensive repertoire be synonymous to a "more effective" offensive repertoire? It's a game with a huge sample size - how good something is, is defined by how effective it is.

Melo's might be more diverse or fluid, but that doesn't make it better.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

I agree. Melo as far as shooting and skill is better offensively. LeBron just is bigger & stronger and takes it to the rack better. Not to mention the league loves him.

Quote Originally Posted by raid09
    Wouldn't a "better" offensive repertoire be synonymous to a "more effective" offensive repertoire? It's a game with a huge sample size - how good something is, is defined by how effective it is.

Melo's might be more diverse or fluid, but that doesn't make it better.
    I can't explain it. I feel Lebron's size helps him out more than his skill if that makes any kind of sense at all lol. If Melo and Lebron were the same size and they had the exact same repertoires as they do now, I don't think Lebron would be as effective as he is right now. shit did that sound right?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I can't explain it. I feel Lebron's size helps him out more than his skill if that makes any kind of sense at all lol. If Melo and Lebron were the same size and they had the exact same repertoires as they do now, I don't think Lebron would be as effective as he is right now. shit did that sound right?
    Doesn't size factor in to his "offensive repertoire".

Banned

That's a horrible argument if lebron was carmelo anthony size (which is only a 1 inch difference and is not lebron's fault melo doesn't stay in good shape) wouldn't he focus on difference aspects on his game? He's not a retard. If MJ was CP3 size would he still be goat

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Doesn't size factor in to his "offensive repertoire".
    Don't try to pick apart that post. I don't think it came out right. I can't explain what I'm trying to say.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Don't try to pick apart that post. I don't think it came out right. I can't explain what I'm trying to say.
    No worries. If melo were a better finisher at the rim he would easily be the best scorer in the league. it's really strange how bad he is.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    27 per game on 57% shooting. I think he's doing ok
    Bron is stat padding. Nothing more

Also...he's my fave player so no hate

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
    That's a horrible argument if lebron was carmelo anthony size (which is only a 1 inch difference and is not lebron's fault melo doesn't stay in good shape) wouldn't he focus on difference aspects on his game? He's not a retard. If MJ was CP3 size would he still be goat
    I'm talking about Carmelo's moves. If LBJ was the same size as Melo, I don't know if he'd still be scoring the same way he does now. He just got the post game this season. I just can't say it's more skill than size.

Top 1 Bball Mind.