Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Default Re: How good will Eric Bledsoe be?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Recent game against the Magic.

27 points, 6 rebounds, 6 steals, 3 blocks, 3 assists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nexy123X3MA

Here's his Wizards game where he had some great passes. 17 points, 9 assists, 2 blocks. He did almost all of this damage in the first 3 quarters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M3wdEFQmOc

Just some footage for people that haven't really gotten to watch him.
    You should include both aspects of what he does if people are to get a good idea of him. From the above links someone who hasn't watched him will be wondering why he wasn't traded for LeBron and two 1st rounders :)

Needs more passes at players feet/ 4 feet over their heads and drives down the lane where he takes out the base of the basket :)

I think he'll start somewhere next season and will mix outrageous stat lines with borderline retarded plays & 8 + turnover games.

Slightly richer mans Kyle Lowry

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg
    You should include both aspects of what he does if people are to get a good idea of him. From the above links someone who hasn't watched him will be wondering why he wasn't traded for LeBron and two 1st rounders :)

Needs more passes at players feet/ 4 feet over their heads and drives down the lane where he takes out the base of the basket :)

I think he'll start somewhere next season and will mix outrageous stat lines with borderline retarded plays & 8 + turnover games.

Slightly richer mans Kyle Lowry
    Haha thing is people aren't going to put up bad highlights on Youtube really so I can't. . I agree on the mix of outrageous stat lines with retarded plays. Some times he makes mistakes that baffle me. Like tunnel vision pretty much. One time he ran a 3 on 1 fastbreak and somehow missed Caron Butler WIDE OPEN yelling for the ball multiple times and instead drove into the defender and turned it over.

I think with age and experience those things will continue to improve. His turnover rate is down about 25 percent this year which is a big improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Conley is a great shooter now, and he understands how to run a offense, that is not a good comparison other than defense.

He is a small Tony Allen.
    You're right. Conley is a better shooter and he knows how to run an offense, two skills that I believe Bledsoe can and will improve on as he develops. It's not the best comparison (considering their different roles) but when I think of other defensive point guards, Conley comes to mind.

And I certainly don't think Tony Allen is a great comparison; Bledsoe has already proven that he has the potential to be a much better contributor on offense. But I can definitely see the similarities.
    Last edited by Sheed; 02-23-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheed
    You're right. Conley is a better shooter and he knows how to run an offense, two skills that I believe Bledsoe can and will improve on as he develops. It's not the best comparison but when I think of other defensive point guards, Conley comes to mind.

And I certainly don't think Tony Allen is a great comparison; Bledsoe has already proven that he has the potential to be a much better contributor on offense.
    Exactly. Bledsoe has a good amount of games where he has 10-15 points in a quarter off the bench, Allen never scores in bunches like that IMO. Allen also doesn't block shots, rack up steals or crash the boards like Bledsoe. Like Woah said they are different styles of defenders. Bledsoe's shooting, passing and turnovers are already improving and should continue to.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

I have a hard time rating young, raw point guards. When Rondo was a bit younger, I had no clue he would become the player he is today.
    And I certainly didn't foresee Jrue Holliday evolving like he has.

I'd say his floor is a 28 minute per night, super athletic 6th man who swarms the opposing guards and wreaks havoc with blocks and steals, and can finish well in transition.

If his handles, shot, and court-vision develop, I think his ceiling is a poor mans Rajon Rondo/ John Wall hybrid, but with more athleticism and far worse court-vision. argg I don't know, he is a hard guy to find comparisons for.

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    I have a hard time rating young, raw point guards. When Rondo was a bit younger, I had no clue he would become the player he is today.
    And I certainly didn't foresee Jrue Holliday evolving like he has.

I'd say his floor is a 28 minute per night, super athletic 6th man who swarms the opposing guards and wreaks havoc with blocks and steals, and can finish well in transition.

If his handles, shot, and court-vision develop, I think his ceiling is a poor mans Rajon Rondo/ John Wall hybrid, but with more athleticism and far worse court-vision. argg I don't know, he is a hard guy to find comparisons for.
    One of the most unique players in NBA history. Has the skillset of a forward but trapped in the body of a PG. Like you said nobody is a comparison really in terms of physical tools+skillset. To get to comparisons we have to say things like "Rondo without court vision" which would not be Rondo since that's his best attribute.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    I haven't seen much to suggest that he's anything better than a good 2nd unit guy or a low-end starter. Yes he fills up the stat sheet every once in a while but he's far too inconsistent. Without a jumpshot and below average vision and playmaking ability, not sure he can survive as a starter. His value is on the defensive end and getting buckets off broken plays and hustle...
    Bump.

He's averaging 20 and 8 with 2 steals. That's all I'll say.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DG#8
    I would ask to CF86.

Trust him.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...Starter-To-You

lmaoooo

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Think he'll end up being one of the premier defensive point guards in the association, but unless he plays next to a two guard that can handle the rock for the majority of the time or a tall point guard (Marko Jaric/Shaun Livingston type), his best role is coming off the bench ala Bobby Jackson.
    He would be the perfect pg to pair with Harden.