Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Where is Hakeem on your all-time best list?

1. Jordan
    2. Russell
    3-4. Kareem, Wilt
    5-6. Magic, Bird
    7. Hakeem
    8. Shaq
    9. Duncan
    10. Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    Its Kareem > Wilt > Hakeem > Shaq
    Absolutely!!

No way that Snaq belongs ahead of Hakeem. No possible way.

Their on-the-court accomplishment are very close, but Hakeem was simply a superior player.

Notice that every big man who needs to learn better post moves works with Hakeem. Is anyone asking for tips from Snaq?

Samurai Swoosh

I absolutely don't like ranking players I didn't get to see in context or in their prime. I caught the tail end of Magic, barely any of Bird, and had to watch their games on tape ...

Not as it happened (which lends itself a different more dramatic experience by players, especially when it comes to clutch areas or context rich scenarios)

If I'm ranking players since I just started watching NBA ball, which was around '89 / '90 - ish, as a 4 or 5 year old ... I'd have Hakeem ranked top five, quite easily of best players I've seen of all-time

MJ
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe
    LeBron

If I'm taking historical players, their legacy and influence on the game into account he ranks in the #8 - #10, top ten of all-time range.

1) Jordan
    2) Kareem
    3) Wilt
    4) Russell
    5) Bird
    6) Magic
    7) Shaq
    8) Hakeem
    9) Duncan
    10) Kobe

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Breaking: multiple sources confirm basketball is no longer a team sport

Breaking news anybody without a nut for a brain realizes that Shaq had all the talent in the world on his Orlando teams and got crushed when he faced the superior Hakeem who's supporting cast was.. Less than memorable

[LIST=1][*]Michael Jordan[*]Wilt Chamberlain[*]Kareem Abdul-Jabbar[*]Magic Johnson[*]Bill Russell[*]Larry Bird[*]Shaquille O'Neal[*]Hakeem Olajuwon[*]Tim Duncan[*]Kobe Bryant[/LIST]

Not sure about All Time, but definitely ahead of Shaq. He was simply a far more skilled basketball player who played the same position.

Probably comfortable with somewhere in that 8-10 range.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Breaking news anybody without a nut for a brain realizes that Shaq had all the talent in the world on his Orlando teams and got crushed when he faced the superior Hakeem who's supporting cast was.. Less than memorable
    Talent wise Shaq's team edged it and as far and it was also a better fit. Nonetheless he wasn't the player he was going to be a couple years down the line.

But even then he never carried a team like Hakeem did and he had so many flaws. You don't come across a player as fundamentally GREAT in every department like Hakeem was. Shaq had clear weaknesses you could pick at and achieve success - Hakeem didn't.

There's just something about players with that adaptive capacity man. They can just adjust to whatever defenses throw at them. Hakeem was that type of player.
    Last edited by Rubio2Gasol; 02-20-2013 at 06:13 PM.

1. Jordan
    2. Russell
    3. Kareem
    4. Wilt
    5. Magic
    6. Bird
    7. Shaq
    8. Duncan
    9. Kobe
    10. Hakeem

top 12 in my books
    jordan, magic, wilt are at the top
    then its hakeem with guys like
    shaq, kobe, duncan, west, russell, oscar, kaj, & bird

we really need polls enabled on this forum...

#1:
    #2:
    #3:
    #4:
    #5:
    #6: gengiskhan
    #7: 9erempiree, Harison
    #8: dyna, shaq2000
    #9: Sakkreth, Bigsmoke, bdreason, CP3MVP
    #10: pauk

Quote Originally Posted by KBryant24
    top 12 in my books
    jordan, magic, wilt are at the top
    then its hakeem with guys like
    shaq, kobe, duncan, west, russell, oscar, kaj, & bird
    West/Oscar but no Lebron? No Moses? Careful now fella......

....................Lebron..........Moses......... ..Oscar.............West.......
    MVP.................3..................3.......... ........1.................0..........
    FMVP................1..................1.......... ........0.................1..........
    CHAMP..............1..................1........... .......1.................1..........
    ROTY...............Yes...............No........... .....Yes..............No.........
    1st All-Nba........6..................4..................9 .................10.........
    1st All-Def.........4..................1.................. 0.................4..........
    All-Star.............9.................12............. ....12...............14.........
    Best player....Many years....Maybe once.....Never........Maybe once..
    PPG................27.6.............20.6.......... .....25.7............27.0........
    RPG.................7.2..............12.2......... .......7.5..............5.8.......
    APG.................6.9................1.4........ .......9.5..............6.7........
    PER................27.5..............22.3......... .....23.2............22.9........

Keep also in mind that Oscar won his only championship when he was an old sidekick to Kareem and that Jerry West won his only championship where Goodrich/Wilt outproduced him, where Wilt won the MVP...

Oscar/Jerry dropped some nice stats, where great talents... but they dont belong over Lebron/Moses really...
    Last edited by pauk; 02-20-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    West/Oscar but no Lebron? No Moses? Careful now fella......

....................Lebron..........Moses......... ..Oscar.............West.......
    MVP.................3..................3.......... ........1.................0..........
    FMVP................1..................1.......... ........0.................1..........
    CHAMP..............1..................1........... .......1.................1..........
    ROTY...............Yes...............No........... .....Yes..............No.........
    1st All-Nba........6..................4..................9 .................10.........
    1st All-Def.........4..................1.................. 0.................4..........
    All-Star.............9.................12............. ....12...............14.........
    Best player....Many years....Maybe once.....Never........Maybe once..
    PPG................27.6.............20.6.......... .....25.7............27.0........
    RPG.................7.2..............12.2......... .......7.5..............5.8.......
    APG.................6.9................1.4........ .......9.5..............6.7........
    PER................27.5..............22.3......... .....23.2............22.9........
    Where are the POTM and POTW awards?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Where are the POTM and POTW awards?
    Unfortunately that, DPOY and spg/bpg didnt exist during all of these guys eras, so i didnt include that..... FMVP didnt exist aswell during most of Oscars era, but its not like he was gona recieve it anyways.... cant remove that... are you ok with it?

POTW? lol... thats only a weekly "honor", POTM however is for a month and you get a hardware/trophy, those that recieve the most POTM in a season also win the MVP... so i would say its more prestigious/meaningful than a All-Star MVP (which i didnt include either)

PS: Dont worry, i know why you asked that...
    Last edited by pauk; 02-20-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

In Terms of Impact Players He Is Around Top 6-7. Hakeem was the 2nd Best Player in The League for Decade from 1985 to 1995 after MJ.