Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why Isn't Chris Webber on TNT instead of Shaq?

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    This is why I hate that so many scrawny white kids love the NBA.

C-Webb is stoic truth and he's a true professional in the analyst game. He calls out media cliches and he's just a real dude.

If you don't like C-Webb, enjoy your Wilbon type analysts. Guys who are just a suit.

You don't get realer than C-Webb.
    Couldn't agree more. Television sports analysis, in general, needs to be dis-Tirico'ed.

It needs more realness and much less pc garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    This. I like Payton a lot. But TNT probably only wants him more as a guest than anything.

Does anyone remember when they brought in Greg Anthony? You could tell him and Kenny didn't like each other
    94 finals...

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Dude a great anaylist no doubt, I would also love it if he came to sometimes coach/mentor the Sacramento Kings bigs every now and than.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

C-Webb team! My fav analyst out there. And dude loves Motiejunas.

I like them all in different ways.. Webber has his moments as does Shaq and Kenny. I like Reggie & Charles too.

Never understood all the b*tching and whining over Shaq.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Because a bunch of 12 year olds think Shaq is HALARIOUS. Who the hell knows, Webber's outstanding in every facet of TV he's done.

Hell, I watched one of those NBA Courtside things on NBATV last night I hadn't seen before where they talked about Black History Month, racial integration, climbing the class ladder, that kind of stuff. Webber killed it. Legitimate insights that you could tell he cared about, none of the generic shit. Talking about teaching kids that you don't have to be rich and famous to be successful in life. Have a good family, a roof over your head, a loving environment, and you're just as successful as he is. Just because you don't make it on the court doesn't mean you failed type of stuff. It was seriously great.

Webber is a really, really smart cat. If TNT keeps under-utilizing him he needs to go somewhere else, sports related or not. He's great calling a game, he knows Xs and Os, he needs to get a college coaching job immediately.
    I would like to him coaching in the NBA. I think him and Kobe are going to be great coaches one day.

Everything you said is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Is it just me i hate chuck just as much as shaq. Can't even pronounce simple words correctly like terrible. It's like TNT is secretly being racist to black people by putting all the stupid ones on their primetime slot.
    Secretly?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    One of em belongs to Chris anyways.

BIG TEN & ACC!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    shaq is on there because hes a huge name, that casual fans recognise, and thats who tnt have to appeal to

real diehard fans are gonna watch the games regardless of who's on there, and those are the people that hate shaq, and the people who like c-webb.

payton is enthusiastic and really fun, but hes way too black.

im pretty sure that the average person/casual fan wouldnt find him funny

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    payton is enthusiastic and really fun, but hes way too black.

im pretty sure that the average person/casual fan wouldnt find him funny
    The average/casual fan doesn't find Shaq funny either.

I like Chris Webber. I never really appreciated (or noticed) his basketball IQ when he was a player. He's pretty comfortable in front of the camera and I think he makes his points pretty well. And most importantly, the guy can take a joke.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Because a bunch of 12 year olds think Shaq is HALARIOUS. Who the hell knows, Webber's outstanding in every facet of TV he's done.

Hell, I watched one of those NBA Courtside things on NBATV last night I hadn't seen before where they talked about Black History Month, racial integration, climbing the class ladder, that kind of stuff. Webber killed it. Legitimate insights that you could tell he cared about, none of the generic shit. Talking about teaching kids that you don't have to be rich and famous to be successful in life. Have a good family, a roof over your head, a loving environment, and you're just as successful as he is. Just because you don't make it on the court doesn't mean you failed type of stuff. It was seriously great.

Webber is a really, really smart cat. If TNT keeps under-utilizing him he needs to go somewhere else, sports related or not. He's great calling a game, he knows Xs and Os, he needs to get a college coaching job immediately.
    This.

I agree with all of this.

However, he flat out does not have any chemistry with EJ/Kenny/Charles. Neither does Shaq. I have never seen anyone go on that show and not be a total fourth wheel who conspicuously does not fit in.

It would be better to have comedians and celebrities guest-star twice a month rather than to try to force a fourth ex-player on the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    I agree with all of this.

However, he flat out does not have any chemistry with EJ/Kenny/Charles. Neither does Shaq. I have never seen anyone go on that show and not be a total fourth wheel who conspicuously does not fit in.

It would be better to have comedians and celebrities guest-star twice a month rather than to try to force a fourth ex-player on the panel.
    I felt he had great chemistry with them.

Samurai Swoosh

He should be. Better attitude, better speaker, more entertaining.

Shaq is corny, irritating, insecure, and a giant baby who ruins the chemistry and context of the entire show on a nightly basis.

He catches feelings over the smallest jokes, and has destroyed the self deprecating, barber shop humor that made the show such a hit.