Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: David Stern is full of shit - ESPN Interview about MJ.

I was gonna say that too. In general no business man would or should show his feelings or weaknesses or admit mistakes in public.

he obviously down played Michael's importance to the league (when referring to his years before those 3 titles).

But you just knew deep down at some point he panicked because of MJ's departure.

Just saw the interview on sportscenter. He even admitted it was like christmas for him when Jordan returned to the NBA..

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    people who say Jordan was suspended = idiots
    Let's see. Were you there? I want to say no, but I was. And I heard this exact thing. He had an 18 month suspension for gambling. Stern wanted to keep it quiet because they didn't want a Pete Rose situation as that was still a somewhat fresh thing. Also, he went and played for the White Sox's minor league team. The WS are owned by Jerry Reinsdorf. So he was able to stay in the organization. Plus his $4 Million salary spot was never removed from the roster. They just moved BJ Armstrong into it.

Stern saying he wished Jordan luck and went back to business = lying
    Well, we all know that.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Stern is a schizer. He wouldn't be truthful in any case if it hurt him or the league ever.

That being said I like him like an attorney for the Mob in the movies. He's funny and intelligent and very good at what he does.

Stern is the ultimate WWE Heel.

He has to play the role of being an objective Commissioner, so it wouldn't be fitting for him to gush over Jordan. Stern's job was made a HELL OF A LOT easier promoting the NBA with Jordan in the league, and he knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Let's see. Were you there? I want to say no, but I was. And I heard this exact thing. He had an 18 month suspension for gambling. Stern wanted to keep it quiet because they didn't want a Pete Rose situation as that was still a somewhat fresh thing. Also, he went and played for the White Sox's minor league team. The WS are owned by Jerry Reinsdorf. So he was able to stay in the organization. Plus his $4 Million salary spot was never removed from the roster. They just moved BJ Armstrong into it.

Well, we all know that.
    I was as much there as you were, considering you're not a beat reporter, just an obnoxious fan. He most definitely wasn't suspended. Guys like Sam Smith even found the accusations to be ludicrous, and Sam could be one of Jordan's harshest critics. If this had happened someone, a reporter, would have found something, anything, about this. Nothing has ever been uncovered revealing a suspension for gambling. It's mere speculation by a certain segment of fans, there's nothing of substance there.

Jordan going to play for the Birmingham Barons has nothing to do with anything, it doesn't support your claim of a suspension and has nothing to do with the Pete Rose situation. Of course the NBA wouldn't want a Pete Rose situation, but there was nothing to suggest it would reach that level. The NBA hired a private investigator and he found nothing. You're just engaging in baseless conspiracy theories.

In 1993 Jordan was at the peak of this powers and the NBA was as popular as it ever was, Stern and the NBA was not about to suspend their greatest asset, perhaps the biggest reason they were able to attain such a global presence, because of some unfounded gambling accusations. Everyone knows Jordan is a gambling addict but nothing has ever been uncovered revealing Jordan to have broken any rules. Suspending Jordan for a year and a half would have been a massive, unnecessary gamble, but of course you know it to be true because you were there.....

National High School Star

Anyone ever wonder if MJ is the one that sent a hit out on his father? The whole connection was based on some cancelled checks from MJ in possession of the boss of the guys that killed his father. Everyone assumed it was either a coincidence or because of debts since MJ was notorious for gambling and paying his losses whenever he felt like it.

But get this. Some time ago his sister accused the father of having molested her for a long time and no one in the family knew about it then. MJ has flatly denied this claim. MJ is a powerful and rich guy. His father, supposedly the molester ends up killed by two guys working for a guy that has cancelled checks from MJ.

Lol, ok it's a stretch but I've always wondered if there was a connection.

Well, we all know that.
    You're not a beat reporter (which means you weren't privy to any more info than any other fan) and you're full of shit. You have absolutely nothing to back up your claims, except Jordan going to play for the Birmingham Barons, which proves nothing. Considering Jordan's status in the league, his importance to the league's popularity, the global brand of the NBA, it makes absolutely no sense that the NBA would suspend this guy for 18 months with no evidence of wrongdoing recovered. Jordan was by far the biggest American sports star at the time and had a hoard of followers, if he was suspended by the NBA at the very peak of his success, someone would have uncovered something..... no one ever has. And people like you continue to bring this weak shit in here and present it as fact. You weren't there, you're not well informed, your conclusions are idiotic.
    Last edited by AngelEyes; 02-14-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Anyone ever wonder if MJ is the one that sent a hit out on his father? The whole connection was based on some cancelled checks from MJ in possession of the boss of the guys that killed his father. Everyone assumed it was either a coincidence or because of debts since MJ was notorious for gambling and paying his losses whenever he felt like it.

But get this. Some time ago his sister accused the father of having molested her for a long time and no one in the family knew about it then. MJ has flatly denied this claim. MJ is a powerful and rich guy. His father, supposedly the molester ends up killed by two guys working for a guy that has cancelled checks from MJ.

Lol, ok it's a stretch but I've always wondered if there was a connection.
    Have you ever seen the pictures of the kids that killed his dad? 0% Chance of ties to anything organized. I would doubt those kids graduated from Middle School.

Well, we all know that.
    Every fan heard this at the time, anyone following the Bulls or the NBA. There's nothing to support it, meatball conspiracy theorists like to promote this theory but really it's not based on anything, certainly not on anything you suggested. As far as conspiracy theories go it's a rather weak one.

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    Have you ever seen the pictures of the kids that killed his dad? 0% Chance of ties to anything organized. I would doubt those kids graduated from Middle School.
    Exactly. But don't dare tell that to some of the people in this thread. No, we have to keep promoting idiotic conspiracy theories that have no basis in fact.

There's more evidence to support Jordan retiring on his own because of burnout, his immense fame, his father's murder, than someone bullshit conspiracy theory. His father was gauging his interest in retirement a year or two prior to it actually happening. The two teenagers who killed James Jordan had absolutely no mob ties, there was nothing uncovered to support that... yet people continually spew that drivel. James Jordan was extremely careless driving to a remote location and sleeping in his car over night, it ended up costing him when a couple of punk kids came around and robbed and murdered him.

Seriouly never understood people who buy into ridiculous conspiracy theories, that don't hold up under close scrutiny and especially HAVE ZERO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THEM.

There's never been a shred of proof that this happened, other than rank speculation and as Angel Eyes mentioned, journalists have looked over and over again for it.

It's just stupid.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    I was as much there as you were, considering you're not a beat reporter, just an obnoxious fan. He most definitely wasn't suspended. Guys like Sam Smith even found the accusations to be ludicrous, and Sam could be one of Jordan's harshest critics. If this had happened someone, a reporter, would have found something, anything, about this. Nothing has ever been uncovered revealing a suspension for gambling. It's mere speculation by a certain segment of fans, there's nothing of substance there.

Jordan going to play for the Birmingham Barons has nothing to do with anything, it doesn't support your claim of a suspension and has nothing to do with the Pete Rose situation. Of course the NBA wouldn't want a Pete Rose situation, but there was nothing to suggest it would reach that level. The NBA hired a private investigator and he found nothing. You're just engaging in baseless conspiracy theories.

In 1993 Jordan was at the peak of this powers and the NBA was as popular as it ever was, Stern and the NBA was not about to suspend their greatest asset, perhaps the biggest reason they were able to attain such a global presence, because of some unfounded gambling accusations. Everyone knows Jordan is a gambling addict but nothing has ever been uncovered revealing Jordan to have broken any rules. Suspending Jordan for a year and a half would have been a massive, unnecessary gamble, but of course you know it to be true because you were there.....
    So you're saying that you were in the Chicago Stadium and United Center on a night in and night out basis like I was from 93-96?

Okay. And you don't know me well enough to call me obnoxious, because I am FAAARRRRR from it.

So you're saying that you were in the Chicago Stadium and United Center on a night in and night out basis like I was from 93-96?

Okay. And you don't know me well enough to call me obnoxious, because I am FAAARRRRR from it.
    Night in and night out? No, far from it. I was there a few times but can't say I was a regular. This proves what, exactly? And yes, you are coming off as extremely obnoxious. You were a fan of the bulls and went to many games from the 93-96 era. How does this support your claim of a suspension? What does this have to do with anything? Again, you weren't a reporter, you weren't covering the team or the league. They, the very people who were covering this guy never uncovered anything, and you'd be a damn fool to think they weren't looking, yet you feel like can say there was a suspension anyway. Nice logic.