Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Dwight

Default Re: Orlando Dwight

Lakers were dumb to trade for Howard after the drama he created in Orlando... especially considering he didn't want to be traded to L.A.

If he doesn't sign an extension before the trade deadline, Lakers have to trade him. If they don't, and he walks, they won't be contenders for another decade.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Adelman is a good coach, I already said that. And he also hasn't done shit in 20 years.

D'antoni has been making adjustments, on the fly, and nothing the fans want him to do actually works. I haven't heard one cogent, insightful suggestion that the Lakers haven't attempted. Pau in the low post? Seen it. Meanwhile, the Nash pick and roll is still a killer, when they get to run it.

I'm was defending the Knicks winning games over their prima donna, perennial-flame out purposely sabotaging the coach. Which is exactly what was going on this time last year. I tend to not tether myself to big names, I just want the Knicks to win. But to each his own.
    I gave D'Antoni time, I said that he didn't have good rosters until Stoudemire and that I'd give him time to adjust to Stoudemire/Melo, well, 18-24 vs the 18-6 Woodson got, and it proved to me that he has NO ability to adjust, and we're seeing the same thing in LA. I'm just thankful he's out of New York.

Face it, Pringles is a below average coach. The sooner he is fired, the sooner, Dwight and the Lakers will start to play better. Kobe(who was a D'Antoni fan in Italy) knows his style isn't working.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I gave D'Antoni time, I said that he didn't have good rosters until Stoudemire and that I'd give him time to adjust to Stoudemire/Melo, well, 18-24 vs the 18-6 Woodson got, and it proved to me that he has NO ability to adjust, and we're seeing the same thing in LA. I'm just thankful he's out of New York.
    Also, Melo stopped trying to get him fired (mission accomplished) and started trying to play well. I'd say that was a factor. And let's not pretend Woodson is some protean, formless skin walker. Iso-Joe turned into iso-Melo, and they're chucking more threes than ever. I guess you haven't seen a Knicks game in the last month or so, because they could use some "adjustments".

Face it, Pringles is a below average coach. The sooner he is fired, the sooner, Dwight and the Lakers will start to play better. Kobe(who was a D'Antoni fan in Italy) knows his style isn't working.
    Except they aren't really using his style, and on the few occasions they do, they look a lot better. And what is an average coach? I'd have see some measurables before entertaining that sort of inanity.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    With all of these ignorant threads about Dwight, I feel it necessary to create my own. Anyone who actually WATCHED Dwight in Orlando knows these things, but here are some things that will prove this is NOT the same Dwight that averaged 23/14 in Orlando. He could create his shot, and he had to in Orlando. Can he right now? I don't know. He's nowhere near the athlete he was on a consistent basis, he's not playing as hard, and his coach is not putting him in a position to succeed, unlike Stan Van Gundy who was a fine coach, actually a better coach than his brother Jeff, and much better than Pringles.

Here are 2 ordinary games for 2011 Dwight where you can see him regularly creating his own shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaBfW...ex=197#t=1m09s

Some more from the same game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaBfW...ex=197#t=1m40s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaBfW...ex=197#t=2m05s

Not an unusual game for him by any stretch. And here's another game that was also by no stretch unusual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1b8...ex=198#t=1m04s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1b8...ex=198#t=1m11s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1b8...ex=198#t=1m28s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1b8...ex=198#t=2m00s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1b8...ex=198#t=2m49s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1b8...ex=198#t=3m00s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1b8...ex=198#t=3m27s

Just 2 games...and by no means were they his best.

You can't average 23/14 by being spoonfed, especially without an above average playmaker. But that's just offense, his defense has been nowhere near where it was. He's consistently late on his rotations, so while he's among the leaders in blocks, this is not the Orlando Dwight defensively.

I question how long some of you kids have watched basketball, or how many teams you watch, because if you think Dwight could have the success he did in Orlando, and perform the way he has this year while being the same player, then you clearly don't know the game.

Oh, and D'Antoni does deserve a lot of blame. I watched him in NY, and the guy is a moron, don't try to dispute it. When he doesn't have a roster with one of the best PG ever in his prime running everything, he's clueless. Dwight's problems right now go beyond the coach, but he'd be better with just about any coach, and so would the Lakers.

Future repped every time I see your freaking name.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

He hasn't been utilised properly in LA.. by everyone, management, coach, players etc.

But as happens a lot of the time in bad situations.. everyone is looking out for themselves. For Dwight.. it's not all LA's fault.. maybe some of it is the back injury.. some of it is Dwight himself.. his immature attitude etc.. I guess everyone can share some of the blame.

Pretty sure though.. that in a system that fits him better.. better chemistry etc.. he'd be doing much better. Back problems or not. And centre's are much more dependant on that.. compared to perimeter players.. that get more touches and more room to work with. If he does get traded.. whoever gets him will get a much better player than LA has.. because he'll learn from it.. and the system and team will fit him better. Which would probably piss Lakers fans off even more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AussieG
    He hasn't been utilised properly in LA.. by everyone, management, coach, players etc.

But as happens a lot of the time in bad situations.. everyone is looking out for themselves. For Dwight.. it's not all LA's fault.. maybe some of it is the back injury.. some of it is Dwight himself.. his immature attitude etc.. I guess everyone can share some of the blame.

Pretty sure though.. that in a system that fits him better.. better chemistry etc.. he'd be doing much better. Back problems or not. And centre's are much more dependant on that.. compared to perimeter players.. that get more touches and more room to work with. If he does get traded.. whoever gets him will get a much better player than LA has.. because he'll learn from it.. and the system and team will fit him better. Which would probably piss Lakers fans off even more.
    Just like Howard learned from Nash how to shoot free throws?

Just like Howard learned post game and counters and footwork from Hakeem?

Just like Howard learned from every coach he had to keep the ball up high instead of bring it needlessly down low?

Just like Howard learned how to drop step baseline when it's open instead of just spin into traffic every time?

Just like Howard learned to not cause media drama in LA after what happened to him in Orlando?

It there's one consistent thing about Howard, it's that he doesn't learn and doesn't change his ways.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Just like Howard learned from Nash how to shoot free throws?

Just like Howard learned post game and counters and footwork from Hakeem?

Just like Howard learned from every coach he had to keep the ball up high instead of bring it needlessly down low?

Just like Howard learned how to drop step baseline when it's open instead of just spin into traffic every time?

Just like Howard learned to not cause media drama in LA after what happened to him in Orlando?

It there's one consistent thing about Howard, it's that he doesn't learn and doesn't change his ways.
    don't forget he hasn't learned how to properly strap on a pair of rubber after the first 5 baby mamas

I'd say it's a combination of both. Because real life is complicated.
    I only took an absolute position cause you did.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

He doesn't need to learn anything else, and he's still a very good basketball player. Nothing close to Shaq, Hakeem or Ewing.. but still one of the best C's in the league.

Very good NBA starter

All the while, he can't post up Dwight because he sucks now, he can't use him the pick and roll because he's awful at that too
    It's funny that you say all this yet can't see that Dwight's problem is because of Dwight and no one else!

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by AussieG
    He doesn't need to learn anything else, and he's still a very good basketball player. Nothing close to Shaq, Hakeem or Ewing.. but still one of the best C's in the league.
    Actually he has a lot to learn when it comes to he mental part of the game and what it takes to win a championship.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    It's funny that you say all this yet can't see that Dwight's problem is because of Dwight and no one else!
    I never said that, but I won't make fun of you in case you have some sort of learning disability or something.

Very good NBA starter

I never said that, but I won't make fun of you in case you have some sort of learning disability or something.
    I just quoted your post word for word, if you want I can post the whole thing but I only posted the part related to Dwight. And don't try to get snarky

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I just quoted your post word for word, if you want I can post the whole thing but I only posted the part related to Dwight. And don't try to get snarky
    You quoted the post wherein I aid Dwight sucked. Nowhere in what you quoted did I attribute any blame.

Very good NBA starter

You quoted the post wherein I aid Dwight sucked. Nowhere in what you quoted did I attribute any blame.
    Yes I quoted the where you said Dwight sucks and I asked you why wouldn't someone admit that Dwight is the problem and stop blaming the coach or Kobe. It wasn't necessarily directed at you more a general question of if Dwight is limited offensively then how is anyone else to blame?

he used to be great....but what does that help (the lakers) now ?