Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Your attention please, Lakers Championship flight is now boarding at gate #24

Its been a pleasant flight, no turbulence at all 1-0 perfect 100% record this season

We will be serving buck steak and free tacos tomorrow 7:30 PM. Thank you for flying LAL Airlines member of the 16 Banners alliance.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Your attention please, Lakers Championship flight is now boarding at gate #24

clippers fans must be pretty shook by Lakers' resurgence

u know the last thing they want is to face lakers in the 1 seed vs 8th seed matchup after this glorious regular season only to lose in the most embarrassing way possible and crash back down to little brother status.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    clippers fans must be pretty shook by Lakers' resurgence

u know the last thing they want is to face lakers in the 1 seed vs 8th seed matchup after this glorious regular season only to lose in the most embarrassing way possible and crash back down to little brother status.
    It's a stretch still....but if the Lakers do get in to the playoffs as the 7th or 8th WITH a healthy more cohesive unit...they can be very dangerous.

Hope that does happen....and who ever the 1rst and 2nd seed teams will be will have their hands full.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Dude, you beat the Cavs......the CAVS.......in the middle of January...........

Default Re: Lakers have a huge target on their back still at 15-20

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    I don't know about that. As a Nets fan if I see the Lakers on the schedule the first thing that comes to mind is "sweet i get to see my nets put up 130 points". They weren't as bad defensively at the start of the season but since Mike Antoni' has taken over they dropped a couple of notches on the defensive end. No, teams don't jump with joy as if they were playing the Suns but let's not act like they're intimidated because they see the Lakers on their schedule tomorrow.
    Yes and as a Lakers fan that both irritates me and is somewhat expected since the defense was exactly top-tier even with Phil in town. The best I've seen the Lakers defense was probably 2010 when everyone had amazing chemistry and the Artest signing had everyone locked in defensively.

The only option/hope for this D'antoni led team is to put up 135 and hope the other team scores less than 120.

Sad I know, but reality. Like how does a coach get away with telling his players not to foul guards that get inside the paint just so that the pace of the game is where he wants it... wtf happened to the no-layup rule in the 90s?

at the entertainment value of sports these days. NFL games are 40+ shootouts where even the middle-tier QBs throw it 50+ times a game.. same with basketball too you don't see the slow defensive 90s basketball as much since it's a flagrant just if you sneeze at a guy the wrong way.. physicality has all been taken away from the game.
    Last edited by BlueandGold; 01-14-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LONGTIME
    haha

-Smak

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers have a huge target on their back still at 15-20

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    I agree. The Lakers are the biggest deal in NBA history, and the league does more or less revolve around them, and has for at least 40 years. They're like Superman, or America. It doesn't matter their record or their roster. The fact is once every 3 to 5 years a great, great player is gifted them for free out of the blue, simply because they're the Lakers.

"The league revolves around the Lakers" was my favourite part.

Banned

Default Lakers 1-0 to start the season......

I am seeing a lot of good things last night when the Lakers had their season opener at Staples.

The team looked great and played very well together. It's too bad Pau had to start the season with an injury but this team so far has looked very good.

I like the new addition of Nash and Howard. Nash dishing out 9 assists and Dwight grabbing 14 rebounds.

Lakers Championship Rocket ready for takeoff!

Default Re: Lakers 1-0 to start the season......

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I am seeing a lot of good things last night when the Lakers had their season opener at Staples.

The team looked great and played very well together. It's too bad Pau had to start the season with an injury but this team so far has looked very good.

I like the new addition of Nash and Howard. Nash dishing out 9 assists and Dwight grabbing 14 rebounds.

I agree 100%. 1 game into the season may be a bit too early to draw any conclusions, but 2 straight championships looks like a lock.

Default Why are we supposed to still give a **** about the Lakers?

They are 15-20, they are playing crappy ball and right now are out of the playoffs. SHouldn't there be a moratorium on news until they are at least at 500?

Default Re: Why are we supposed to still give a **** about the Lakers?

do not get fooled by their pre-season record. This team is clicking on every aspect now. 2013 and 2014 titles are a lock.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

I don't give a shit about the lakers.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Same reason people always focus on the Cowboys even though they're rarely that good. Glamour teams man.

Decent playground baller lbj4kb8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoboticWang