Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

Default Re: Are people ready to label the Knicks as contenders?

It's a long season...

[QUOTE=MichaelCheazley]"Hola, se

Saw a basketball once

No, they are pretenders

Not yet. But we are moving in that direction which is positive.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

Yes I don't see how they're not.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

No. From what I've seen they're just not that good. They ve just been shooting great, making contested 3s, but that won't work consistently. They're in the second tier of teams, after Miami, SA, OKC, Memphis... They don't have a real shot at the title.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    No. From what I've seen they're just not that good. They ve just been shooting great, making contested 3s, but that won't work consistently. They're in the second tier of teams, after Miami, SA, OKC, Memphis... They don't have a real shot at the title.

At least they were good enough to beat the Spurs in San Antonio.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

You haven't seen us then, we don't take many contested 3s at all, generally the 3s are wide open due to ball movement, melo double/triple teams or Felton penetrating. We're not even hitting 3s at a high percentage.

But agreed we're in the 2nd tier, but not far behind.

That's just totally false. We rarely shoot any contested threes. And when the **** did SA move up to the tier with Miami and OKC? You had your chance at OKC and as soon as they pushed back you completely collapsed. That ship sailed.

This post makes me think you haven't watched many Knicks games at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    At least they were good enough to beat the Spurs in San Antonio.
    Exactly, I agree, they are good enough. A good team (which NY is) can beat a great team.

This, and the second game against Miami, was a good example of NY beating a better team. Basketball is like that. Sometimes you just have great shooting nights.

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    You haven't seen us then, we don't take many contested 3s at all, generally the 3s are wide open due to ball movement, melo double/triple teams or Felton penetrating. We're not even hitting 3s at a high percentage.

But agreed we're in the 2nd tier, but not far behind.
    Felton takes a lot of stupid shots that just go in. You're not hitting 3s at a high percentage because you don't take good shots, because you're not a very good team.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    That's just totally false. We rarely shoot any contested threes. And when the **** did SA move up to the tier with Miami and OKC? You had your chance at OKC and as soon as they pushed back you completely collapsed. That ship sailed.
    Way to lose all credibility. They're looking like the favourite to win it all right now, with Miami and OKC looking weaker and LA being a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    This post makes me think you haven't watched many Knicks games at all.
    Watched the SA game, both Miami games, and yesterday's game (they looked awful)... probably more that I'm forgetting.
    Edit: yes vs BKN too.

Exactly, I agree, they are good enough. A good team (which NY is) can beat a great team.

This, and the second game against Miami, was a good example of NY beating a better team. Basketball is like that. Sometimes you just have great shooting nights.

Felton takes a lot of stupid shots that just go in. You're not hitting 3s at a high percentage because you don't take good shots, because you're not a very good team.

Way to lose all credibility. They're looking like the favourite to win it all right now, with Miami and OKC looking weaker and LA being a joke.

Watched the SA game, both Miami games, and yesterday's game (they looked awful)... probably more that I'm forgetting.
    Edit: yes vs BKN too.
    The Knicks don't take a lot of contested threes. That's just false. You're making shit up. And SA fans have been telling me since the last title year after year YOU'RE STUPID YOURE SLEEPING ON US BLAH BLAH. You are not getting past OKC. You had your chance.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The Knicks don't take a lot of contested threes. That's just false. You're making shit up. And SA fans have been telling me since the last title year after year YOU'RE STUPID YOURE SLEEPING ON US BLAH BLAH. You are not getting past OKC. You had your chance.
    Yes, we had our chance... a lot of years. And we won 4 of those years. SA fans know better than NY fans what being a contender means...

In any case it's not really an opinion, it's as close to a fact as it gets. If you don't think SA is in the first tier you're an idiot. If you think the NYK are better than SA you're an idiot. The Knicks would probably agree, too. What they're doing is impressive, give them a year or two and they could be good (although I wouldn't bet on them), but right now they're just not THAT good.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Knicks aren't even a finished product yet. 40% of the starters are still out.

Popovich gave them all the praise in the world. I think he knows a little more than Mr Twolips over here.

I'm not ready to do that yet... however, I'm ready to claim them as the best team in the Atlantic.