Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron hits the practice court for

Its not Lebrons fault the team is playing below its standards. Wade really needs to step up.

lol wtf copying Kobe my ass. There's a difference here, Lebron had a good game and Kobe had a bad game shooting 38% seeking attention. Lebron is trying to send a subliminal message to his superstar team mate who is playing like sh!t out there.

Quote Originally Posted by lebeast666
    lol wtf copying Kobe my ass. There's a difference here, Lebron had a good game and Kobe had a bad game shooting 38% seeking attention. Lebron is trying to send a subliminal message to his superstar team mate who is playing like sh!t out there.
    Why? Is he too much of a pansy to say it to their faces?

Kobe made a little sense, he had a bad game. Lebron was just copying without even bothering about the context of both situations.

Banned

What would this accomplish? He's not the problem, Wade is.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Lebron's supporting cast is ****ing pathetic. He is the only player in Miami that has heart and talent.

You gone loco boy.

Impersonating godbe are we? Also copying kobe in having to carry SCRUB "superstars" this past few games.

College superstar

I can tell that some people here have never been leaders of any sort. Of course Lebron's play was not the problem last night, but if you are the leader you have to accept the responsibility and "lead" the process of rectifying the situation. It's always better to lead by example than simply by words.

Could you imagine if Lebron had simply gone to a group of grown men, many of whom are older than he is, and said, "Look guys. I'm busting my hump out there. You all did nothing. You all need to put forth some extra effort and play better, especially you, Wade"? That would not work.

On the other hand, seeing your best player who gave his all and played well blaming himself for a loss then putting in extra work sets an example. That's more inclined to light a fire under the rest of the team to say, Man...He played well and he's doing extra things to get better. I need to do be doing the same thing." And it's not even really about improving your "skill set" or your "game" per se. It's really about changing your mind to play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    I can tell that some people here have never been leaders of any sort. Of course Lebron's play was not the problem last night, but if you are the leader you have to accept the responsibility and "lead" the process of rectifying the situation. It's always better to lead by example than simply by words.

Could you imagine if Lebron had simply gone to a group of grown men, many of whom are older than he is, and said, "Look guys. I'm busting my hump out there. You all did nothing. You all need to put forth some extra effort and play better, especially you, Wade"? That would not work.

On the other hand, seeing your best player who gave his all and played well blaming himself for a loss then putting in extra work sets an example. That's more inclined to light a fire under the rest of the team to say, Man...He played well and he's doing extra things to get better. I need to do be doing the same thing." And it's not even really about improving your "skill set" or your "game" per se. It's really about changing your mind to play harder.
    Yes because they don't know Lebron and they don't know it was just more Lebron marketing.

Lebron a leader lol that's as bad as saying he have a post game.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip

Its possible to lead by example AND words. I never understand how Lebron's leadership is deemed the standard when he is still playing championship catch-up too much more "harsh" leaders in NBA history.

poor lebron.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Its possible to lead by example AND words. I never understand how Lebron's leadership is deemed the standard when he is still playing championship catch-up too much more "harsh" leaders in NBA history.
    Who said it was the standard? If that were implied in my post it definitely wasn't intentional. In my post I made it abundantly clear that leading by example is better than "simply by words." So I was not excluding words as being effective. As a matter of fact, words are a given in leadership. It just should not be the only way to lead. Words will always be there, but again I hold fast to the principle that leading by example is the best. People are more inclined to follow you when they see you practicing what you preach.

Also, on many successful past great teams you had the "harsh" leader as well as the more mellow leader to counter that. They were able to balance each other out. That's what the 90's Bulls had with MJ and Pippen. I don't know what other type of leadership the Heat has outside of Lebron. Maybe Wade is the "harsh" taskmaster, but his performance last night would not allow him to take that approach.

the past two years this guy seems to have getting more and more mature. Had a terrific game but still lost and doesn't point fingers at anyone. Just goes out and tries to get better.

I really think Shane Battier, Juwan Howard and the other vets he played with have a lot to do with it. I read on twitter that Lebron and Battier get huge scouting reports normally only given to coaches that are quite extensive. While other guys get the standard cheat sheet version. Scary when the best player in the game only wants to get better. Scary for the opposition indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Kobe, Lebron, called it "working on their game", i call it attention whores with bruised egos.
    Yea, if someone kicks my ass and I want to practice, I'm not gonna tell them I practiced. I'm gonna save it for the next time I see them.

-Smak

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    it's kind of an underhanded way of saying to his teammates:

i'm doing extended practice even tho i played great. wtf about you?
    spot on

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i always thought every player practices everyday even in season