Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Most Athletic Players per Position of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    PG is easy, Westbrook is at or above everyone in all categories, but he hasn't missed a game since high school despite his dangerous playstyle. That includes College, NBA, FIBA, Olympics. He is the damn Terminator.

I would put Rose above him due to his superior strength, vertical and agility when changing direction. But his body really broke down last season and dropped him to #2.
    Actually, I consider John Wall more athletic than both Rose and Westbrook, from a pure explosion stand point.

1) Wall
    1a) Rose

2) Westbrook

You also forgot Rose and Wall are faster than Westbrook in terms of end to end speed. Wall is definitely faster than both. I'm a Rose homer, and can admit that. The thing Rose has on EVERYONE, is his agility, and body control. 2nd to none.
    Last edited by tikay0; 11-22-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Actually I consider John Wall more athletic than both Rose and Westbrook, from a pure explosion stand point.

1) Wall
    1a) Rose

2) Westbrook
    Nah, Wall is faster in a straight line, but he sucks at control, often turning the ball over or bricking an easy layup. His durability/stamina isn't as good either. He is the more creative dunker though, but Westbrook/Rose have actually posterized lot of bigs and even 7 footers. So I don't see how Wall is more explosive, all he can do is go slightly faster baseline to baseline, but basketball is played in the halfcourt and Wall's "functional" athleticism is sorely lacking there.

Westbrook is stronger, more durable than Wall on top of being quicker in bursts. All Wall has on Rose/Westbrook is faster sustained speed which is useless in basketball.

Banned

Nah, Wall is faster in a straight line, but he sucks at control, often turning the ball over or bricking an easy layup. His durability/stamina isn't as good either. He is the more creative dunker though, but Westbrook/Rose have actually posterized lot of bigs and even 7 footers. So I don't see how Wall is more explosive, all he can do is go slightly faster baseline to baseline, but basketball is played in the halfcourt and Wall's "functional" athleticism is sorely lacking there.

Westbrook is stronger, more durable than Wall on top of being quicker in bursts. All Wall has on Rose/Westbrook is faster sustained speed which is useless in basketball.
    Wall is more athletic overall than Westbrook. It's clear as day when he plays. I think Westbrook is just as stiff as Wall, except he has better handles, and a jumper. That's what separates them as players. But, we're not talking about whose the better player. We're talking athlete.

Rose on the other hand, is great in every athletic category, while being the master in agility/body control.

So, I guess Rose then.
    Last edited by tikay0; 11-22-2012 at 01:00 AM.

LOL at MJ and Lebron having a 48 and 44 inch vertical.

Pauk, you keep proving you're an idiot.

Wall is more athletic overall than Westbrook. It's clear as day when he plays. Westbrook has just as many control issues as Wall, except he's a better player, and has a much better jumper. That's really the only difference I see between the 2.

Rose on the other hand, is great in every athletic category, while being the mast in agility/body control.

So, I guess Rose then.
    Durability/endurance should be important too, athleticism is useless if you can't stay on the court to show it. Rose/Wall may have SLIGHT advantages in end to end speed, but Westbrook has a HUGE advantage in durability, stamina, endurance. That's the difference.

Banned

PG. WB/Rose
    SG. Jordan/Carter
    SF. LeBron/T-Mac
    PF. Blake/Barkley
    C. Wilt/Shaq

Cake

pg: Rose/ Westbrook

sg: Jordan/ Carter

SF: Lebron james

PF: Shawn Kemp

C: David Robinson/Shaq

Banned

Durability/endurance should be important too, athleticism is useless if you can't stay on the court to show it. Rose/Wall may have SLIGHT advantages in end to end speed, but Westbrook has a HUGE advantage in durability, stamina, endurance. That's the difference.
    That's true. I don't know about stamina/endurance though. Rose is the deadliest in the 4th quarter.

But, I'll definitely give Westbrook, durability. The dude is like Wolverine when it comes to that.

That's true. I don't know about stamina/endurance though. Rose is the deadliest in the 4th quarter.

But, I'll definitely give Westbrook, durability. The dude is like Wolverine when it comes to that.
    Him and Andre Miller. Obviously Andre lacks in the athletic department but the guy is apparently made out of steel.

I'd say AI is the most athletic PG, if you consider him one. Guys like Westbrook and Rose are insane athletes, but I don't get the same feeling watching them as I did AI. His coordination, stamina and quickness were so unreal. The guy was averaging 11+ FTA per fame as a 5 foot something point guard.

The guy is FOURTH, fourth all time in minutes per game with 41.1 in his career. The only guys who logged more minutes were Wilt, Bill and Oscar - and that was during a different era.
    Last edited by Collie; 11-22-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Rose is Westbrook with a brain and patience lol. They are supposed to be best friends, don't know why Westbrook doesn't learn some floaters from Rose.

Kevin Johnson not getting any love here, before injuries dude was really fast and could jump out of the gym and dunk on anybody.

Also T-Mac was athletic but not as athletic as Nique

Banned

Rose is Westbrook with a brain and patience lol. They are supposed to be best friends, don't know why Westbrook doesn't learn some floaters from Rose.
    He has Shaq syndrome. He knows how talented/athletic he is. So he works on his game, but only on his strengths, I'm guessing.

I think Rose, truly looks at himself as a blank canvas. Like he hasn't mastered anything yet. He strives for perfection, and that's his end goal. To become so good, that he'll lead the Bulls to a chip, by himself.

Bulls F/O is such a got damn joke!

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Kevin Johnson not getting any love here, before injuries dude was really fast and could jump out of the gym and dunk on anybody.

Also T-Mac was athletic but not as athletic as Nique
    I mentioned Kevin Johnson earlier in this thread but still had him below Rose, but definitely above AI.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Him and Andre Miller. Obviously Andre lacks in the athletic department but the guy is apparently made out of steel.
    Lol. I always though he was injury prone for some reason. Maybe it's his physique.