Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Stupid Lakers Are Exploring a Pau Gasol for Josh Smith Trade, Because They're Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac
    just get used to him trying to take every open jumper and 3 then try to take the ball up the court then getting a T and arguing with Kobe on the bench
    None of that really concerns me. He will be playing on a different quality of team with 3 HOF players and Nash determining when he shoots. I'm sure that will work itself out.

Default Re: Stupid Lakers Are Exploring a Pau Gasol for Josh Smith Trade, Because They're Stupid

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Why would Toronto take on that ridiculous contract?

I usually hit open layups Coffee Black's Avatar

When Pau gets the ball in post up situations and clearly is making moves or finishing as good as he was a couple years ago, we will know if he has "clearly" declined. As long as he is getting the ball 20 ft from the basket, we can not tell. I still think he is not being utilized correctly and hopefully, wishfully D'Antoni can put him more effective spots and use.

In the game against the Suns, Pau did not get the ball in a post up against Scola, who he has fared well against in the past, and instead the ball went to Dwight in post ups against Gortat, who knows how to play against Dwight, and double teams. Way to play to the strengths of personnel and situations.

Keep Pau. He is a champion. Misused, but still a known champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Why would Toronto take on that ridiculous contract?

No idea...was struggling for that team...the best I figure is they then trade Bargnani. Boozer is no worse than Bargnani on defense (probably better if playing next to a true center) and he's a very good rebounder; whereas Bargnani is the worst in the league. Boozer plays well in the post, runs the floor very well, and can run pick n' roll and pick n' pop very well. It's $5Million more a year for Toronto. And they could then maybe trade Bargnani for something decent. He's got enough talent to be worth something in the right situation.

Also, Boozer's contract is the difference in making this trade work...and I think it's a very good trade. I think Boozer could fit in well in San Antonio, tho they might just need defense.

kings fan

It makes sense. Pau is a center; he can't play next to Dwight. J-Smith would be the new Lamar Odom. The addition of a shooter like Korver would be also help. Getting Pau would let Hordford play PF finally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    LA has been doing many questionable things lately....

Hate to say it but.....getting steve nash
    Using princeton offence
    Firing Brown after 5 games.
    Hiring D'antoni
    Now this

The only good thing we've done recently is the bynum for howard trade.

Pau isn't that bad. Instead of adding new players we need to learn how to utilize our own players properly first.

We turned Nash into a spot shooter.

Pau into a outside shooter.

Jamison into nothingness.

Jodie Meeks into nothingness.

And now we're about to turn kobe into nothing but a shooter.(d'antoni)
    That idiot Jim Buss is responsible. he also hired the idiot Mike Brown in the first place, SLAPPING BRIAN SHAW IN THE FACE TO BE REPLACED BY A POTATO

However we still got Mitch Kupchak, and ditching Bynum, now with both of his knees blown out, for Howard, is genius.