Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am obsessed with demonizing Kobe

Default Re: [Konex]Vince with the Gamewinner!!![/Konex]

Quote Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
    Title says it all.
    You have too many words without an emoticon.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by langdonboom
    Agreed, agreed, AGREED!

Why he doesn't play a little smarter is beyond me. Is it that certain defensive players can keep him on the perimiter? I just get the feeling that he tries to play it backwards -- hit a few jumpers to get them to play up on him, then try to go around them then.

But he's got to set up the jumpers with the drives. When he wants to be VINCE CARTER he can do that. Why he falls in love with his (admittedly smooth) jump shot is beyond me.

If he does that the Nets are DEFINITE eastern championship contenders, low-post play or no low-post play.

Let him save the 30 ft jumpers for game winners!

let's not get ahead of ourselves. we beat a defense porous Denver team, a Jazz team minus its best player and head coach (Phil JOhnson made terrible adjustments), and we should have won against three mediocre teams.

we play a bunch of bottom feeders soon, so the upcoming game with Detroit and Orlando (Grant HIll is back so it won't be as easy as last time, plus its Orlando) will be great litmus tests for this team.

we won't be expected to dominate with such a gutted team, but at least compete.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

(i cant even remember that infamous quote. does anyone?)
    I don't remember exactly except,

*Peja hits a 3 from the team bus*

which was a bunch of people's unofficial sig for awhile.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
    let's not get ahead of ourselves. we beat a defense porous Denver team, a Jazz team minus its best player and head coach (Phil JOhnson made terrible adjustments), and we should have won against three mediocre teams.

we play a bunch of bottom feeders soon, so the upcoming game with Detroit and Orlando (Grant HIll is back so it won't be as easy as last time, plus its Orlando) will be great litmus tests for this team.

we won't be expected to dominate with such a gutted team, but at least compete.
    Its easy for me to get ahead of myself, cause it feels like Vince plays at 75% sometimes, when he has an angry game like last night it puts ideas in my head like "WHAT IF HE PLAYED LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME?"

Detroit should be a real test, you're right.

Its easy for me to get ahead of myself, cause it feels like Vince plays at 75% sometimes, when he has an angry game like last night it puts ideas in my head like "WHAT IF HE PLAYED LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME?"

Detroit should be a real test, you're right.
    i think this is the part of the season were u see carter playing smart taking jumpers driving in sumtimes taking 3s(mixing it up like tmac). he had 3 monster games in a row utah was test number 1 test number 2 will be pistons the only problem is pistons defence is really good and they always double/triple team carter for the nets to win this one the open player must make his shots...and rebounds nj always get out rebounded by the pistons.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by rknine15
    i think this is the part of the season were u see carter playing smart taking jumpers driving in sumtimes taking 3s(mixing it up like tmac). he has had 3 monster games in a row utah was test number 1 test number 2 will be pistons the only problem is pistons defence is really good and they always double/triple team carter for the nets to win this one the open player must make his shots and rebounds nj always get out rebounded by the pistons.

Vince's shot mechanics are not the best in the world. he needs to either feel hot or line it up properly in order to hit it. his fadeaways with time running down and hands in his face are usually the result of not being able to focus and line his shot up properly.

Saw a basketball once

his fadeaways with time running down and hands in his face are usually the result of not being able to focus and line his shot up properly.
    You hit the nail on the head -- thats' the feeling I get, that he's not able to focus like a kobe or jordan or any number of seriously next-level players who realize its not just physical gifts but mental smarts and discipline to really dominate. Its just that vince obviously has always had the physical gifts, and only sporatically shows these time-and-place genius moments. You'd think playnig with Kidd for a few years might rub off, but some guys never learn.

This is all in the spirit of tough-love, mind you. Maybe its unfair to hope a great guy could be GENIUS LEVEL but he does show flashes of the mental as well as the physical.

NBA rookie of the year

You hit the nail on the head -- thats' the feeling I get, that he's not able to focus like a kobe or jordan or any number of seriously next-level players who realize its not just physical gifts but mental smarts and discipline to really dominate. Its just that vince obviously has always had the physical gifts, and only sporatically shows these time-and-place genius moments. You'd think playnig with Kidd for a few years might rub off, but some guys never learn.

This is all in the spirit of tough-love, mind you. Maybe its unfair to hope a great guy could be GENIUS LEVEL but he does show flashes of the mental as well as the physical.

it's rubbed off in the fact that he is now a much better passer (he got 13 assists against Golden State)

Saw a basketball once

it's rubbed off in the fact that he is now a much better passer (he got 13 assists against Golden State)
    True.

Vince's shot mechanics are not the best in the world. he needs to either feel hot or line it up properly in order to hit it. his fadeaways with time running down and hands in his face are usually the result of not being able to focus and line his shot up properly.
    lol i find carter to be one of the best shooters in the nba he can make them off balance or with someone on his face did u watch the denver game. did u see him nail all thoes jumpers and in the clipps game his first 5 baskets were all jumpers. and then after he made 3 jumpers he started to drive in and only took open 3's.

What was up with Mikki Moore. Everyone was mauling him but he was just kinda walking around the court with a weird look on his face, first I thought he was just like yeee booy, but then he looked depressed kinda. It was weird

well ppl may not no this but carter has always been a good passer his stats may not show it but he has

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by rknine15
    lol i find carter to be one of the best shooters in the nba he can make them off balance or with someone on his face did u watch the denver game. did u see him nail all thoes jumpers and in the clipps game his first 5 baskets were all jumpers. and then after he made 3 jumpers he started to drive in and only took open 3's.

well, he is a good shooter, who has great range. comon, im the biggest VC fan on the board.

i was merely saying he shoots line drives a lot on fadeaways, rather than arcers, who basically means if he loses a split second of concentration it may not go in.

well, he is a good shooter, who has great range. comon, [COLOR="DarkOrange"]im the biggest VC fan on the board[/COLOR].

i was merely saying he shoots line drives a lot on fadeaways, rather than arcers, who basically means if he loses a split second of concentration it may not go in.
    lies I AM!!

Saw a basketball once

well, he is a good shooter, who has great range. comon, im the biggest VC fan on the board.

I'm thinking back to the Knicks/Nets game last week, I was there, and I just couldn't believe how stubborn VC was being with his jump shot - it was not going in and he took what seemed like a TON of early-shot-clock shots. I mean, sure, its a team you've historically owned, but why not start OFF the game driving in their faces, THEN pull up and hit crazy jumpers?

I can't imagine he was following the Nets game plan. He was pretty open I guess but after so many not going in you gotta switch it up, in my opinion. He tends to get stubborn with the shots. When he's on, he's ON of course its not talent per se its just strategy that has me scratching my head with him sometimes.