Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rasheed Wallace agrees to sign with Knicks

I'm kinda interested to see what he has left. Even if he made the team, I don't see where he would fit in.

Oh hell yeah Sheed's back .

Man I love Rasheed. One of the most interesting and funny people of the NBA of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Or they could be an over-the-hill star, a guy recovering from an ACL tear and a brainless chuck.
    over-the-hill? whatever. but he was a starter for a playoff team just last season. as a bench player in limited minutes, he will be extremely beneficial. his ability to run an offense and get the ball to our scorers where they are most effective at scoring is something the Knicks desperately lacked last season.

I love how every keeps pointing to how bad he was with Boston, but everyone's forgetting that he had a pretty big role and was playing big minutes. He was the main bench player for that team. For NY he'll be maybe the 12th man (I put him ahead of Kurt, White and whatever training camp guy makes the roster). He's also been asked by many teams (I read that six teams have asked him to join their team since he retired two years ago- one of which was NY last year) and chose to retire to be with his sick mother.

A few weeks ago I saw some highlights of him in a charity game where he was throwing down some pretty nice dunks (which is amazing considering Sheed was never known for that) and thought he looked good enough to still play. I didn't expect my team to pick him up, but I'm glad we did. At the very least we could use another guy to scream at some of our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    over-the-hill? whatever. but he was a starter for a playoff team just last season. as a bench player in limited minutes, he will be extremely beneficial. his ability to run an offense and get the ball to our scorers where they are most effective at scoring is something the Knicks desperately lacked last season.
    Ignore him, he's a Celtics fan just hating to hate. It's really easy to point out the negatives, I mean we could easily call Boston's roster: a PG who can't shoot with a horrible attitude, an over the hill chucker, another over the hill chucker who loves to whine and flop, an over the hill asshole, and a tweener forward who can't cover either position.

He fails to see the irony in him calling our player over the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
    I'm kinda interested to see what he has left. Even if he made the team, I don't see where he would fit in.
    I'm not getting this signing. Sheed hasn't played in 2.5 years and then had no real impact on the game. I think the roster spot could have been used for a more productive purpose, like a rookie that might develop into something vs an old guy who going to be there for a season at the most

Quote Originally Posted by Silenttristo
    Rasheed Wallace, at 38, is only the 4th oldest player on the Knicks.

College star

You clearly didn't watch the Mavs last year.

He's gotta have something left, and in theory he's a perfect fit as a stretch big that can space for Melo or Amare (as they can also space for each other) and protect the basket, while allowing the stars to play to their strengths.

And when I say he's gotta have something left, I say that because the Knicks had options instead of him and are already pretty set at all positions. Rasheed has been working out with the team for weeks now, and they expect him to play himself into shape over the season. Great insurance policy if there is an injury in the frontcourt.

The Knicks have done a great job building around their Big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I love how every keeps pointing to how bad he was with Boston, but everyone's forgetting that he had a pretty big role and was playing big minutes. He was the main bench player for that team. For NY he'll be maybe the 12th man (I put him ahead of Kurt, White and whatever training camp guy makes the roster). He's also been asked by many teams (I read that six teams have asked him to join their team since he retired two years ago- one of which was NY last year) and chose to retire to be with his sick mother.

A few weeks ago I saw some highlights of him in a charity game where he was throwing down some pretty nice dunks (which is amazing considering Sheed was never known for that) and thought he looked good enough to still play. I didn't expect my team to pick him up, but I'm glad we did. At the very least we could use another guy to scream at some of our guys.
    How does being given big minutes cancel out his overall bad play?

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    How does being given big minutes cancel out his overall bad play?
    I didn't say it cancels it out, I'm saying even if he stinks it up it won't have much of an impact because we don't NEED to play him like Boston HAD to.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

As a starter he averaged 6, 6 and 4. Those aren't the numbers that made Kidd an MVP candidate in Jersey. He's turning 40 next season, just be happy if he makes it to the playoffs on the active roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Ignore him, he's a Celtics fan just hating to hate. It's really easy to point out the negatives, I mean we could easily call Boston's roster: a PG who can't shoot with a horrible attitude, an over the hill chucker, another over the hill chucker who loves to whine and flop, an over the hill asshole, and a tweener forward who can't cover either position.

He fails to see the irony in him calling our player over the hill.
    Rondo is an All-Star. Pierce is an All-Star. The "asshole" averaged 16 and 8. And the Celtics won 10 times as many playoff games as the Knicks have over the last decade. Don't make stupid comparisons.

He won't make it the entire season. Either his body will breakdown, or his mouth will wear out his welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenttristo
    Rasheed Wallace, at 38, is only the 4th oldest player on the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    As a starter he averaged 6, 6 and 4. Those aren't the numbers that made Kidd an MVP candidate in Jersey. He's turning 40 next season, just be happy if he makes it to the playoffs on the active roster.
    Rondo is an All-Star. Pierce is an All-Star. The "asshole" averaged 16 and 8. And the Celtics won 10 times as many playoff games as the Knicks have over the last decade. Don't make stupid comparisons.
    You obviously missed my point. I'm saying that you were just pointing out the negatives of certain players, so I did the same to yours.