Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Default Re: Is 97 bulls making people hate Scottie Pippen on ISH?

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    I dont think he's making people hate Scottie Pippen.. All the things that he said about Pippen, I believe were all true.. Scottie was really underrated here in ISH and sometimes it becomes unbearable the way Jordan/LeBron stans overrate him for their own agenda.. Im not even a fan of Scottie, Im just appreciating greatness.. To all people that hate him becoz of a certain poster are not really a fan of basketball.. They are just hater or maybe they're just plain stupid.. Why hate a player becoz of his fans..
    No your are a fan of Kobe and are like other kobe apostles, you overrate him.... can't even believe u try to sound unbiased after reading some of your shitty posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Just for the record, your just talking about titles here, right ? Not just getting out of the first round...
    Yeah, I'm just talking about titles but his first playoff series win was in 88 against Cleveland with Pip on the team. Jordan owned that series though averaging 45 a game.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    Yeah, I'm just talking about titles but his first playoff series win was in 88 against Cleveland with Pip on the team. Jordan owned that series though averaging 45 a game.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    Not only the 45 a game by Jordan, but Charles Oakley contributed more in that series than Pippen did.

If there are posters out there (not you offcourse) that want to say "Well Jordan didn't get out of the first round without Pippen" at least look at the context of it all and give Oakley his due that year over Pippen.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    No your are a fan of Kobe and are like other kobe apostles, you overrate him.... can't even believe u try to sound unbiased after reading some of your shitty posts
    Don't bother.

His second account here and he's obviously a gimmick bent on making Kobe stans look more insane and dumber. I've not believed one word he's typed on here and it's pretty obvious he's trolling to get a rise out off most logical fans/Kobe detractors.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    This.
    But, but but Pip avg 10.6 pts that series, much bigger factor than Jordan

Not only the 45 a game by Jordan, but Charles Oakley contributed more in that series than Pippen did.

If there are posters out there (not you offcourse) that want to say "Well Jordan didn't get out of the first round without Pippen" at least look at the context of it all and give Oakley his due that year over Pippen.
    This^^^^^Grant as well

Exactly.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Whats probably making people hate Scottie Pippen is the enormous amount of god damn threads MADE ABOUT HIM. Every day there seems to be some new thread that has his name in it and 97 bulls isn't the one making the threads. He's my favorite player of all time, but you don't see me making a thread about him every single ****ing day or if ever. I may have once I think a long time ago. Most of the people are kobe stans or have some agenda or another and it is always "scottie pippen vs yada yada" or something stupid and idiotic and not even really worth discussing.

Everyone is bias towards their favorite players or values different things. I don't even argue when it comes to Pippen anymore for the most part. I have my opinion and people have their own. I see no reason to go back and forth forever. I think 97 bulls that you just need to agree to disagree and just not get into arguing so much, but no it isn't really him, but the fact that so many stupid shit threads come up on this board that some how have Pippen in them that are making people sour to him more than anything.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-23-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    97 bulls makes me resent Pippen, the way pauk / lilgodfather1 make me resent LeBron, and the way eliteballer / AlphaDog24 and countless others make me resent Kobe, the same way StateofMind12 makes me resent Yao and hype T-Mac.

All of these people have extreme bias that works against their cause.
    We all have an opinion on how we see things. You have serious issues if my preference forces you to resent a player you claim to like.

Neither MJ nor Pip are overrated.. Jesus Teh F*ck Bulls fans this calls for a group hug

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Whats probably making people hate Scottie Pippen is the enormous amount of god damn threads MADE ABOUT HIM. Every day there seems to be some new thread that has his name in it and 97 bulls isn't the one making the threads. He's my favorite player of all time, but you don't see me making a thread about him every single ****ing day or if ever. I may have once I think a long time ago. Most of the people are kobe stans or have some agenda or another and it is always "scottie pippen vs yada yada" or something stupid and idiotic and not even really worth discussing.

Everyone is bias towards their favorite players or values different things. I don't even argue when it comes to Pippen anymore for the most part. I have my opinion and people have their own. I see no reason to go back and forth forever. I think 97 bulls that you just need to agree to disagree and just not get into arguing so much, but no it isn't really him, but the fact that so many stupid shit threads come up on this board that some how have Pippen in them that are making people sour to him more than anything.
    This.

Pippen is a lightning rod. Most here don't appreciate Pippen but use him in agenda-filled threads. I doubt most of the kids on here even saw him play. Some guy was here last week saying what he remembered when he was 6 years old and how he focused on Pippen even when he wasn't in the camera angle...and didn't notice what Jordan was doing back in 88

You gotta know what to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

I'm arguing more of a philosophy than anything else. Actually, there's a few.

Basketball has always been a team game. No player has ever won a championship on their own.

Players dominate games in different ways. I've seen players dominate games with their passing, rebounding, scoring or defensively.

Comparisons shouldn't be made without proper context. Trying to compare 00/90s stats to 80s, 60s, and 70s is wrong.

Drawing conclusions based solely on stats is wrong.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    That's a reply to Jordan fans seeing as how they started this idiotic mindset.

The pecking order of who the best player was on championship teams was never this relevant until Kobe came on the scene.

Kareem has always received full credit for his championships. Including the two or three that he clearly was nowhere near the best player on the team.

I've never seen James Worthy called a "Robin". Or Dumars, Mchale, or Havlicek. And they all were never looked down upon for not being the best player on their team. Even Pippen until Jordan fans decided that Kobes championships with the Lakers in the early 00s didn't have much weight because of Shaq.

At one time, teams were compared to each other and argued over whose best. Now teammates are pitted against each other. Thanks in large part to Jordan fans.

I've come to realize Jordan fans are cancers. And he has a huge following.
    I get your point 97, but you're also being disingenuous by trying to hang the fault of individual players being compared on Jordan fans. We weren't the ones saying dumb sh!t like "Kobe>Jordan" after he won rings with Shaq, for example, while not even being the best player on his team during that time.

Jordan Fans reactions were counter attacks to the bull that these unlearned idiots decided to spew as gospel and fact, so much so to the point that they started calling Kobe "God" simply because they knew Jordan already had that same nickname back in the 90s.

Had they just appreciated their Boy, stfu and
    showed some humility, like every other Player-Fan here, they wouldn't have had their boy exposed like he was thread after thread. Like you said:

The pecking order of who the best player was on championship teams was never this relevant until Kobe came on the scene.
    100% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    LMAO...this guy will never make me hate PIP, I modeled my game after his on a lower level of play. 97 Bulls problem is, is that he takes 1994 and plays what ifs...Pip is what he is.... a great compliment to a scorer, nothing more, nothing less...people shit on Nique(30/7/3), but when was he ever with a teammate of Jordan's caliber, in fact how many guys had that luxury? Kobe with Shaq early on, but even he showed he was better player than Pip when left as Alpha Dog

97Bulls talking about Pip, in the same breath as Jordan, Bird and Magic gtfoh with that garbage...Pip is overrated on ISH...that's fact
    This is a classic agenda filled post. It covers all the bases of what's wrong with some of thes people.

He totally eliminates context. How? First he brings up Wilkins. Basically saying Wilkins never had a teammate as great as Jordan. And I agree. But Wilkins also never had a teammate as great as Pippen. It goes both ways Calabis. Hell Wilkins has never had a teaammate as good as Rodman.

Then you bring up the silly alpha dog nonsense. This is used in an effort to say Pippen isn't a leader. And he get offended when 94 is brought up. But his agenda is clear. Notice how he excuses Wilkins even though in 9 seasons leading the Hawks he managed to get no further than Pippen did in 94 (one season). Why does Wilkins get a pass?

Or even Kobe. Why is Kobe more of an alpha dog than Pippen? When Shaq left, the Lakers were atrocious to mediocre. Until they were gifted Pau Gasol, and ended up having the most talented team in the league. But Pippens supposed to do what Kobe did in one season? When Bryant needed a lot of help and time? This isn't a double standard?

I'm not putting Pippen on Jordans level. I've stated repeatedly I feel Jordan is the greatest ever. And thus is the benchmark by which all other players are judged. Now, all I said was compare the team Pippen led in 94, to the team Jordan led in 98. And mind you contrary to popular belief, that 94 team was not the exact same team that won the championship in 93 minus Jordan. Paxson and Cartwright played sparringly King was traded for Longley, Scott Williams missed half the season due to injury, and trent tucker was gone. For the most part, both teams had the same roster. Except the team Jordan led in 98, had a better version of Kukoc, Longley was better, Rodman was an upgrade over Grant, Harper was an upgrade over Armstrong. But the Pippen led team had a better record.

The 95 team? Very similar to the teams Wade had in 09 and Bryant had in 07. What makes their accomplishments any less impressive?

The constant double standard is most frustanig. And Calabis won't respond, he will just ignore this and spout the same nonsense in another thread. Why? Because he's not looking for the truth or a common ground. He's blinded by his love for Jordan.