Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Which one is worse, getting your ankles broke and falling down or getting dunked on?

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    Let's ask this guy

Well, he just stood there to try to take the charge. I don't think it's the same as getting dunked on while contesting the shot.

Default Re: Which one is worse, getting your ankles broke and falling down or getting dunked on?

Weiss could have avoided that if he just went up for the block. He would have been smashed, but not immortalized.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

better question would be getting dunked on and falling down like a little bitch while the other player walks over you making you stare at his junk or getting your dunk blocked mid dunked palm to ball to palm style and falling on your ass.

P.S. this aint no swap block i mean a legit stuff ball into the face i think nene did it to odom when he was a lakers one time

What Scottie Pippen did to Ewing.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    better question would be getting dunked on and falling down like a little bitch while the other player walks over you making you stare at his junk or getting your dunk blocked mid dunked palm to ball to palm style and falling on your ass.
    I do think there can be a little more embarrassment tied to getting dunked on depending about the post-dunk effect. If it's just two players meeting and one finishing strong for the flush, it's often nothing to worry about. On the contrary, last week I watched a fellow get tip-dunked upon, and he just collapsed to the ground and into the basket pole. He then played the rest of the game looking as if he were about to cry. That's embarrassing. Had he bounced up and jumped right back into the mix, probably not as much of a problem.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff

I'm weak.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Honestly it depends who's around and the reaction of the people who's around. You can get crossed and no one reacts to it and it's not that embarrassing or vice-versa.

Either way, both is pretty embarrassing.

U mirin my face?

If it's a teabag dunk then that's worse but any other type of dunked on is better than getting your ankles dropped.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Getting dunked on in a recreational game is the worst.They literally stop the game and people that aren't apart of the game run out on the floor laughing and dancing as if they did it. Getting your ankles broken people just laugh for the most part...but it doesn't stop a game
    lmao

The former. The latter will eventually happen if you play defense and you're playing against anyone who's any good. I was a shotblocker during my playing days, and I've been dunked on before, and I've blocked dunks before. It comes with the territory.

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

You honestly cant answer this question yourself? I'd rather get my ankles broke than a sack in my face.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Geeting dunked on is worse, cuz it makes you look like a punk, who can't play decent enough D to get the block

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Getting dunked on in a recreational game is the worst.They literally stop the game and people that aren't apart of the game run out on the floor laughing and dancing as if they did it. Getting your ankles broken people just laugh for the most part...but it doesn't stop a game
    Haha, I've actually only been in one environment where that happened, it was an open gym at a community college and it all went down literally almost exactly as you described. My teammate and I broke out in a two-on-one fast break, he was built like a 6'5'' Ben Wallace. He had the ball at half court and it was a clear passing situation (to me) but he held onto the rock. I kept calling for it, then I saw the defender uncharacteristically backing off, retreating to the rim. The defender was more or less asking my teammate to try to dunk on him, so he could block it.

As it happened, both players rose up (I was still wide open but I may as well not even existed at that point). What transpired was one of the nastiest posters I've ever witnessed first hand. There were two games being played simultaneously and the dunk shut them both down. And suddenly, everyone began dancing - from our court, from the other court, from the hallways. It was such a strange phenomenon. I swear a disco ball was lowered down from the roof at one point. I personally didn't really know how to respond, I just walked downcourt, smiled at first, then halfway wondered, "Sooooo, are we done then?"

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    lmao