Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Has LeBron peaked?

He can still get better in the post, work on his jumpshot (and FT shooting). Dude is only 27 with a lot left in the tank. Hone his skillset and he can/will better than ever going into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    He can still get better in the post, work on his jumpshot (and FT shooting). Dude is only 27 with a lot left in the tank. Hone his skillset and he can/will better than ever going into the season.
    This is true, but don't assume everything else will stay the same. Can LeBron become a more effective player? It's hard to imagine him being more effective. Therefore, I think he has peaked.

Dude is arguably able to get you 30 12 and 8 averages from the PF position, that's unheard of.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Umad101
    His midrange sucked in the finals I think this is the best he can get
    This. He shot 20% from outside the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    This. He shot 20% from outside the paint.
    So let me get this straight. It was bad in one or two series and now that's what he's gonna be stuck at?

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Lebron's already 27, and his game relies solely on his athletic ability. He's peaked at this point cuz when he turns 30,all that will go away, then well see what real skillset he has.
    Thats what they said about MJ at that age (and he didnt even have a championship by that age)...

I'd like too see him combine his best aspects from the past two seasons. In 2011, LeBron was a damn good jumpshooter, but became overly reliant on jumpshooting and this eventually led to his "downfall" in the Finals IMO (jumpshot stopped falling, LBJ panicked-my theory anyways). In 2012, LBJ was much more willing to post up and was pretty effective in doing so, although his post game is still developing. He also seemed to regain some of his athleticism this past year, but, apart from the first half of the year, his jumper was incredibly erratic, and it was absent for most of the playoffs (although this didn't hinder him, as he found other ways to score, when his jumper is on like game 6 vs. Celtics he's literally unstoppable). LeBron may move permanently to PF when he gets older and is no longer an incredible athlete, hopefully he'll have a great post game by then. LeBron is not completely reliant on his athleticism either, despite what some would have you believe.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

I would say he's peaked. He can gain more skill but his athleticism is going to start it's downhill slide. He needs to work on his post game, footwork and jumpshot, it will make up for his loss of explosiveness that is soon to come. As long as he remains injury free, his peak should hang on for another couple seasons at least. Dude is a beast.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Thats what they said about MJ at that age (and he didnt even have a championship by that age)...
    Ummm even if it was understated cause of his amazing athletic ability, Jordan quite clearly had one of the greatest skillsets ever at that point of his career. As far as scoring goes, Jordan even before that age skillwise was a million miles ahead of Lebron has ever been.

Not everything that was said about Lebron was said about Jordan, and even if it was it doesn't mean it was more or less justified.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Child(pauk) please got sit your ret**ded a** down somewhere

Show me a link to where CREDIBLE people really said that then. This is just yet another one of your pathetic FAILED attempts to make some sort of backdoor comparison between Lebron and Jordan. Last time I checked Jordan never quit in a Finals.
    Last edited by LakersReign; 09-13-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Well he's definitely peaked (started in 2010) but how long it lasts has yet to be seen. Some people have primes lasting 10 years (Jordan from 86 - 96 is 1 example) while others have primes lasting only a few seasons (Walton in the late 70s).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Everyone that says he's peaked basically is a kobe stan or hates or dislikes Lebron in some way. I reserve my opinion as of now and just want to see what he can do and I really have no opinion of him in either way as far as like or dislike, but just find it amusing seeing all the haters.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

sorry to but to say all his athleticism will go away at 30 is dumb. The differences between him and other players is that he stretches and does yoga with some other crazy stuff. Which is why he doesn't get injured. Injuries is everyone's downfall and then age. When he does start show decline he will still be a top 3 player in the league just look at Kobe and Wade. Injuries are hurting but they are still two of the best players in the league.

[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Ummm even if it was understated cause of his amazing athletic ability, Jordan quite clearly had one of the greatest skillsets ever at that point of his career. As far as scoring goes, Jordan even before that age skillwise was a million miles ahead of Lebron has ever been.

Not everything that was said about Lebron was said about Jordan, and even if it was it doesn't mean it was more or less justified.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Everyone that says he's peaked basically is a kobe stan or hates or dislikes Lebron in some way. I reserve my opinion as of now and just want to see what he can do and I really have no opinion of him in either way as far as like or dislike, but just find it amusing seeing all the haters.
    I don't hate him. It's just common sense. A person does not become a better athlete at this stage in life. He's already beyond his physical prime. He can maintain it and keep the decline more gradual with a strong workout and diet regime, which he seems to do, but father time is father time. No one wins that fight. He can offset it greatly by adding new skills and refining current skills but he will never be a faster or better athlete than he has already been.

Local High School Star

I think that after past season, mentally he's stronger than ever. And if you think about it, in the last 3 seasons that's excatly what was holding him back. Not that he wasn't capable of doing this or doing that. Or that he was not effective enough when trying. In the most important moments his confidence betrayed him.

Now, after winning a chip I don't think that will be an issue again(also the Olympics showed that to a degree) so with a bit less athletic Lebron than in his younger days, but with a much more confident and offensively sharper Lebron, we might witness an epic season from him.