Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Peaks - Kevin Garnett vs. Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Ummm. They play different positions. Its like comparing prime Duncan to prime Iverson.
    Apples and oranges isn't it

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I don't know. I'm too biased to say.

All I know is that peak Lebron (his last two yrs in Cleveland, and his 2012 current version) is better than both

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by M.Bustly15A5RU8
    So? If player has more defensive impact he has more defensive impact. Why should it be disregarded because of differences in position and size?
    It shouldn't be disregarded but it is still stupid, point blank. Wouldn't it look bad on KG if a guard has more defensive impact than him? Shouldn't big men generally be the defensive anchors of their team? In fact, how many guards can you name have had a bigger defensive impact than a big (that's an all time great?) I'm not looking for ANY guard to have a bigger defensive impact than a big.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    It shouldn't be disregarded but it is still stupid, point blank. Wouldn't it look bad on KG if a guard has more defensive impact than him? Shouldn't big men generally be the defensive anchors of their team? In fact, how many guards can you name have had a bigger defensive impact than a big (that's an all time great?) I'm not looking for ANY guard to have a bigger defensive impact than a big.
    It's stupid to you because it's not favorable to Kobe Bryant in the comparison. But it's the truth. I couldn't care less if it hurts your butt that Kevin Garnett is a vastly superior defensive player than Kobe Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    I dont even know what your talking about, Gary Payton or Michael Jordan possibly

I rule the local playground

it depends.....

i feel kobe's peak was better than KG in basically the idea that he lead his team to the rings and was able to get his numbers despite the already productive scoring ability of his team in 09....

but I feel KG impacted more areas of the game in his peak (but had to) because in fact he was with the timberwolves....