Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Mario Chalmers: I'm in the front end of the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    he's good but he better back that shit up next season
    I heard he was thinking of changing his name like Tito Santana did.

El Matador:

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Chalmers is about as average as it gets. He doesn't have the upside to even sniff being a top 10 player one day. He plays good defense, spots up from 3, and can hit big shots. Aside from that, his handles are below-average and he is an average athlete.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    I heard he was thinking of changing his name like Tito Santana did.

El Matador:

Yea, I don't remember Chalmers slowing Rondo down at all. I get having confidence, but Chalmers is a hair above being a scrub.

Rondo hit a bunch of wide open shots that he usually bricks or passes up. Big deal. Pretty sure chalmers scored 20 a few times on rondo btw. Not comparing them obviously rondos a star and rio is a role player I'm just saying. Rondo is getting overrated as fck on ISH

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Rondo hit a bunch of wide open shots that he usually bricks or passes up. Big deal. Pretty sure chalmers scored 20 a few times on rondo btw. Not comparing them obviously rondos a star and rio is a role player I'm just saying. Rondo is getting overrated as fck on ISH
    Rondo overrated? He's like the bastard son of Fat Lever and Mookie Blaylock, with a dash of Stockton's genes added in.

He's a revolutionary point guard. Mario Chalmers couldn't do jack without James, Wade and Bosh drawing all of that attention, that's the only reason Chalmers has ever been able to put up 20. He's a spot up shooter, and a very streaky one at that.

Rondo overrated? Pfft. People are always shitting on him for what he can't do (shoot) - they forget that he dominates his other categories so thoroughly. He gets to the hoop at will, is equal to Nash in terms of court vision, plays exceptional defense, is a constant threat to do something unbelievable to swing a game when you least expect it, and comes up with the big play far more often than not (how many big offensive rebounds does he get?).

You shouldn't even mention these two in the same breath. Next you'll be telling me that Neneh Cherry is on par with Janet Jackson.

he couldnt even stop JJ Barea when they were matched up in 2011.

no way he is suddenly in the top 10 of PGs let alone at the front end.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

he couldnt even stop JJ Barea when they were matched up in 2011.

no way he is suddenly in the top 10 of PGs let alone at the front end.
    This.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Rondo overrated? He's like the bastard son of Fat Lever and Mookie Blaylock, with a dash of Stockton's genes added in.

He's a revolutionary point guard. Mario Chalmers couldn't do jack without James, Wade and Bosh drawing all of that attention, that's the only reason Chalmers has ever been able to put up 20. He's a spot up shooter, and a very streaky one at that.

Rondo overrated? Pfft. People are always shitting on him for what he can't do (shoot) - they forget that he dominates his other categories so thoroughly. He gets to the hoop at will, is equal to Nash in terms of court vision, plays exceptional defense, is a constant threat to do something unbelievable to swing a game when you least expect it, and comes up with the big play far more often than not (how many big offensive rebounds does he get?).

You shouldn't even mention these two in the same breath. Next you'll be telling me that Neneh Cherry is on par with Janet Jackson.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_1xlUf-11c

Chalmers isn't even better than George Hill. Top 10 my ass. You rode three of the best players in the league to a championship, and hit some big shots thanks to them taking the attention away from you. He has no reason to be this cocky whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Chalmers has only score 20 pts twice in the post season in 3 years and almost twice in the regular season in 4 years. Rondo is where he should be, a questionable top pg, but has a solidified spot in the top 5.

what's he supposed to say?

Yeah, I'm not great, but at least I'm winning

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by HiphopRelated
    1st play: Bosh sets a moving screen, Teague is taken out of the play, CHalmers dribbles 3 times to his right and hits a pull up jumper. ANy NBA player should be able to do this.

2nd play: Chalmers goes baseline, must teams would force the guy out by sending another tall defender to front him, the Hawks rely on athleticism, not smarts. Not an exceptional play by any means. Most coaches hate when their point guard goes baseline like that - he was lucky Battier was in the corner to bail him out.

3rd play: Chalmers hits a 3 from the corner. He couldn't beat his man, so this is his only option - he also loses control of his dribble while dribbling into a double team trap in the corner . He then proceeds to complain about a missed foul call.

4th play: Open 3

5th play: Open lay-up from Bosh give and go.

I give up - this is like watching Derek Fisher highlights.