Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Does Robert Horry deserve to be in the HOF???

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    Your assertion that Karl was the only one who thought such a thing is false.

The one person who felt that way...George Karl.

I didn't say the only one. Reading comprehension. George Karl was the one because he was on the opposition. He certainly wasn't the only one. And yes, I did watch NBC, ESPN, and read articles on why Rodman should have been Finals MVP over Jordan.

Think twice before challenging someone who watched the games and then watched the postgame interviews and sports shows, and then listened to every sports show on the radio, then read the papers the next day as well as every basketball publication.

Think twice before you call someone out and get proven wrong.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    I didn't say the only one. Reading comprehension. George Karl was the one because he was on the opposition. He certainly wasn't the only one. And yes, I did watch NBC, ESPN, and read articles on why Rodman should have been Finals MVP over Jordan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Rodman should have been the 1996 finals MVP, most people agree on this. How would you view him if he won the MVP over Jordan? Still a role player? You know why he wasn't an all-star with the Bulls? He was basically blackballed by the league.
    The one person who felt that way...George Karl
    Sure you didn't.

I rule the local playground

probably not tho

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    lets not forget probably his greatest performance ever in the twilight of his career! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdik09RGJI
    that dunk... haha.

-Smak

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    So he should be in the hall of fame for 5-7 shots?

That was daxx impressive with 7 and 8 big shot in "playoff" as a role players.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

But the man who shot 36.7% from the field the 3 complete games Payton guarded him was more deserving, not to mention shooting 5/19 from the field in game 6 while Rodman grabbed 19 rebounds.

Jordan still averaged 27.3 ppg, 5.3 reb, 4.2 ast and 1.7 stl compared to Rodman's 7.5 ppg, 14.7 reb, 2.5 ast, and 0.8 stl

Rodman's D didn't slow Kemp much in the series as Kemp's scoring and %'s were both up so we can't use that for an argument to tip the scale.

yeah jordan had a terrible game 6 shooting the ball but still went 11/12 from the foul line and added 9 reb and 7 ast. No one shot the ball very well from the bulls that whole series (unless you count Longley and Wenington's spoon fed 2 foot layup %'s) so I don't think we can fault Jordan too much for his 41.5 fg%. The Sonics were a hell of a defensive team after all.

Jordan was clearly the MVP

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    So you're calling all-stars role players. You realize how idiotic that sounds right?

Unseld and Wallace are very similar in terms of impact on their teams. How are you going to separate them??? If Big Ben takes the Finals MVP over Chauncey, then their careers look a lot more similar. Most people thought Big Ben deserved MVP.

There you said it. You obviously didn't watch either team, you have no clue. I followed that Larry Brown Pistons team, I loved them. Big Ben was their leader and heart and soul. He was the franchise. More of a franchise player than Grant Hill ever was in Detroit, in terms of actual impact.

Rodman should have been the 1996 finals MVP, most people agree on this. How would you view him if he won the MVP over Jordan? Still a role player? You know why he wasn't an all-star with the Bulls? He was basically blackballed by the league.

Educate yourself.

lol at your statement claimed "most people agree Rodman as 96 MVP" which virtually stated by Kobe stan only.

And you would be the only person.
    Suround a prime Grant Hill with Sheed, Billups, Rip and trade Prince for a new center or just start Okur who was solid and that team would role and I think woulda won multiple titles instead of just the 1!

Prime Grant Hill averaged 25.8ppg on 49% shooting, grabbed 6.6 reb, dished out 5.2 ast had 1.4 stl and a block every other game. Hill has also always been a solid defender and team player.

Prime Ben Wallace was good for 6.9 ppg on 48%, 15.4 reb, 1.6 ast, 1.4 stl, 3.2 blk great leadership and was a defensive and rebounding juggernaut but had zero post moves and couldn't hit a damn free throw.

My $ is on the all around game of Grant Hill every single time, too bad injuries robbed him just as he was entering his Prime

Learning to shoot layups delmar's Avatar

NO no no !!

Jordan still averaged 27.3 ppg, 5.3 reb, 4.2 ast and 1.7 stl compared to Rodman's 7.5 ppg, 14.7 reb, 2.5 ast, and 0.8 stl

Jordan averaged that many points over the series because of the first 3 games. Games 4-6, he put up 23, 26, and 22 points. 3-0 in games 1-3, 1-2 in games 4-6. Rodman was more consistent and he singlehandedly won Chicago two games.

Rodman's D didn't slow Kemp much in the series as Kemp's scoring and %'s were both up so we can't use that for an argument to tip the scale.

Rodman wasn't guarding Kemp the entire time. He was switching off between Kemp and whoever was playing center between Frank Brickowski and Ervin Johnson. Longley spent a decent amount of time guarding Kemp and didn't have much more success.

yeah jordan had a terrible game 6 shooting the ball but still went 11/12 from the foul line and added 9 reb and 7 ast. No one shot the ball very well from the bulls that whole series (unless you count Longley and Wenington's spoon fed 2 foot layup %'s) so I don't think we can fault Jordan too much for his 41.5 fg%. The Sonics were a hell of a defensive team after all.

You can certainly fault Jordan. He doesn't get a free pass because he got to the foul line double digit times or because he pushed double digits in rebounds and assists. The best player in the world doesn't shoot 36.7% from the field in games 4-6, not even if the DPOY is guarding him. And mind you all three of those games were closeout games for Chicago. They won the first three.

Jordan was clearly the MVP

I guess if you look solely at points.

Suround a prime Grant Hill with Sheed, Billups, Rip and trade Prince for a new center or just start Okur who was solid and that team would role and I think woulda won multiple titles instead of just the 1!

Prime Grant Hill averaged 25.8ppg on 49% shooting, grabbed 6.6 reb, dished out 5.2 ast had 1.4 stl and a block every other game. Hill has also always been a solid defender and team player.

Prime Ben Wallace was good for 6.9 ppg on 48%, 15.4 reb, 1.6 ast, 1.4 stl, 3.2 blk great leadership and was a defensive and rebounding juggernaut but had zero post moves and couldn't hit a damn free throw.

My $ is on the all around game of Grant Hill every single time, too bad injuries robbed him just as he was entering his Prime

Another one who relies solely on stats. Ben Wallace's impact on the court was matched by only a select few. A guy who was good for over 3 BPG and almost 2 SPG. His ability to guard the post and perimeter, guard people almost 6 inches taller than him, and alter shots. Ben might be one dimensional, but defense wins championships. Ben is a better anchor than Grant was.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Bloom.

I guess if you look solely at points.

look again:
    Jordan : 27.3 ppg, 5.3 reb, 4.2 ast and 1.7 stl
    Rodman's 7.5 ppg, 14.7 reb, 2.5 ast, and 0.8 stl

neither blocked many shots

Jordan was better everywhere other than obviously rebounding so no it wasn't just about points. Rodman's D didn't slow Kemp in the slightest either. Jordan doesn't get a total free pass from poor shooting but everyone on the entire bulls shot poorly that series other than the 7 footers, ya gotta give the award to someone and most importantly he was their best player in their first 3 wins.

Jordan was better everywhere other than obviously rebounding so no it wasn't just about points.

He wasn't as consistent, he wasn't as reliable, and his poor shooting hurt the team. So no, he wasn't better everywhere else.

Rodman's D didn't slow Kemp in the slightest either.

Kemp averaged 19/11 on 56% shooting. He averaged 23/10 on 55% shooting against Chicago. He contained him to pretty much what he was putting up in the regular season. Rodman did what he had to do. He also made Kemp take stupid fouls. He fouled out of 2 games and had 5 fouls in another game.

Jordan doesn't get a total free pass from poor shooting but everyone on the entire bulls shot poorly that series other than the 7 footers

The rest of the team has nothing to do with Jordan's poor shooting.

ya gotta give the award to someone and most importantly he was their best player in their first 3 wins.

No, he was the best player in games 1 and 3. Rodman won game 2 for Chicago(even George Karl admitted it) by grabbing 20 rebounds(11 of which were offensive).

Rodman was by far the most consistent Bull and singlehandedly won 2 of their 4 wins. He recorded double digit rebounds every game and had 2 games of 19 and 20 rebounds. He was much more consistent than Jordan and was responsible for 2 of their wins.