Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: #11 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

It would be hypocritical to vote Oscar Robertson over Jerry West if you voted Magic Johnson over Larry Bird.

Oscar Robertson was better in his peak, but Jerry West has him beat in longevity and he had far more team success.

Jerry West is my vote.

I'm sure I'm off +/- 2-3 for each. Some of the votes I counted for a player weren't 100% clear and I may have counted a couple or so by posters without 100 posts, but here's what I've got so far...

LeBron - 35
    West - 13
    Robertson - 14
    Malone - 9

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm sure I'm off +/- 2-3 for each. Some of the votes I counted for a player weren't 100% clear and I may have counted a couple or so by posters without 100 posts, but here's what I've got so far...

LeBron - 35
    West - 13
    Robertson - 14
    Malone - 9
    Our greek god but how long did it take you to tally up those votes

This really shows how stupid and ignorant you are. I, nor anyone else is using FMVP when doing a side-by-side resume comparison between Jordan and Russell. I've NEVER seen anyone do that when arguing why one should be ranked over the other; and if I saw someone doing so I'd call them out on it.

You, on the other hand, are BLATANTLY doing just that with DPOY and POTM to argue why LeBron should be ranked higher than Robertson, West, and Moses.
    Jesus ****ing Christ man.... forget about POTM/DPOY ok? Will that make you feel better? And I didnt use POTM/DPOY to catapult Lebron over anybody... I merelly presented all the NBA accomplishments on a sheet... POTM/DPOY just so happen to be there, oh mi oh my, what a blasphemy...

Forget about POTM/DPOY... fooooorrgeeet it... alright?

Now, how about you go back and concentrate on everything else, i am very interested to see how you want to excuse your way out of these accomplishments for example, im sure they did exist during Wests/Oscars time:

.....................Lebron........West........Osc ar.......
    MVP..................3...............0............ ..1..........
    FMVP.................1...............1............ ..0.........
    CHAMP..............1...............1.............. 1..........

Championship context:
    Lebron - Won the championship as the man, leader, best player in his team, had one of the 10 best playoff runs by a FMVP in NBA playoff history... he literally carried that team to a championship... that year he also won the MVP, had the most 1st all-NBA votes and had the most 1st all-defensive team votes, led the league in PER (aka. had the best stats), won a gold medal... and so on...
    Oscar - Won the championship as a sidekick
    West - Won the championship as a sidekick (the FMVP he got actually 3-4 years earlier if i remember correctly, despite not winning a championship)

Good luck....
    Last edited by pauk; 08-24-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    Our greek god but how long did it take you to tally up those votes
    I started doing it after like page 7 or 8. After a new page was started, I just added the votes from the previous page. So, like 5 minutes to count the votes from the first 7-8 pages, and like 30 second for every other page after.

I vote Lebron.

This last has turned out pretty well, guys. Good job. You know how it is with things like these, ... well I at least am never happy with them.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Jerry west

I will be interested to see who wins between Jerry West and Oscar Robinson. I would also like to see old-timers argue about them. I've watched some footage of both. They're both great. Based on what I've watched I'd choose West.

Banned

OP hurry and start 12 before someone insults Wilt and jlauber makes this a 20+ pg thread

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Jesus ****ing Christ man.... forget about POTM/DPOY ok? Will that make you feel better? And I didnt use POTM/DPOY to catapult Lebron over anybody... I merelly presented all the NBA accomplishments on a sheet... POTM/DPOY just so happen to be there, oh mi oh my, what a blasphemy...

Forget about POTM/DPOY... fooooorrgeeet it... alright?

Now, how about you go back and concentrate on everything else, i am very interested to see how you want to excuse your way out of these accomplishments for example, im sure they did exist during Wests/Oscars time:

.....................Lebron........West........Osc ar.......
    MVP..................3...............0............ ..1..........
    FMVP.................1...............1............ ..0.........
    CHAMP..............1...............1.............. 1..........

Good luck....

FINALLY. This whole time (as I've pointed out several times) I didn't have a problem with you making a case for LeBron at #11 or voting for him at #11.

And whether you were using POTM of DPOY to catapult LeBron over the others isn't the point. When you do something like add to LeBron's resume "1 DPOY runner-up", and then tell a poster who asked why you didn't do the same for the other two that they never finished runner-up in DPOY voting, it shows your agenda, and shows that you're manipulatively trying to make LeBron look better.

He doesn't need your help. At 27 he's already got a resume good enough to have him in top 11-15 consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Its about the context...

Leaving a 63 win team with the best record in the NBA to join 2 other top 5 - 10 players....making the HEAT the most stacked team ( maybe) of alltime

- then putting up the biggest choke job in the History of the NBA Finals ( for a superstar)

- winning during a asterisk season....

context???

come on now Pau - Pau!

FINALLY. This whole time (as I've pointed out several times) I didn't have a problem with you making a case for LeBron at #11 or voting for him at #11.
    Fair enough...

When you do something like add to LeBron's resume "1 DPOY runner-up", and then tell a poster who asked why you didn't do the same for the other two that they never finished runner-up in DPOY voting, it shows your agenda, and shows that you're manipulatively trying to make LeBron look better.
    Why? I thought i explained that thousand times... because Lebron was a runner up (and ended up top 5 actually 3 years in a row) and because hypothetically Oscar/West would have not been runner ups or won the DPOY even if it did exist during their time, especially not Oscar...

Has nothing to do with agenda, i just showed you what a player has and what a player doesnt have... but ok, forget about DPOY and POTM (which is not significant compared MVP, FMVP, Championship anyways)

He doesn't need your help. At 27 he's already got a resume good enough to have him in top 11-15 consideration.
    I am perfectly aware of that, but others here apparently need my help.... if everybody were fully aware of Lebrons, Wests, Oscars, Moses accomplishments and compared it all to eachother then i wouldnt have to give that "help"....

PS: ALPHAWOLF24.... that trolling didnt bait me this time...

Lebron is a better player than Kobe, should be Lebron 10 Kobe 11.

- winning during a asterisk season....
    Come on now. This season may have had fewer games but it was a *compressed season*. And how many fewer games were there? 16? I think it's actually more of an honor to have won during a compressed season with a million distractions.

gosh, speaking of distractions, Kews1... is that anyone famous that I need to spend the next 4 hours googling?