Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default How do 6'8-6'11" dudes move like guards?

6'8"-Lebron

6'11"- Amare.

I mean if you picked out two random dudes who are at this height, they would be awkward and clumsy, is it genetics that determine how one can move about physiologically?

Banned

Default Re: How do 6'8-6'11" dudes move like guards?

dsfghgghfgh

partly genetics, partly playing from an early age....learning guard types skills while you're still at a relatively normal height

but nba guys are pretty nuts. most people over 7ft tall have trouble walking. don't know how they play 80+ games a year without falling apart

Banned

WORLD class athletes and genetics

im talking 4 billion men... theres like 30 that can do this. Its insane!

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade

not really. I'm sure there are plenty of elite athletes out there that never played basketball due to circumstances.

Hell, even your average person that's in the 6'4"-6'6" range can be a little clumsy and awkward; or, at the very least, they don't even come even a tiny bit close to being able to move like someone like Jordan, Kobe, D-Wade, etc.

Then you got SF's and PF's in the 6'8"-6'11" range moving, running, and jumping like LeBron and Durant. Yes, part of that is because of hardwork growing up on agility training and workouts, but part of it also because they won the genetic lottery. That's why, out of billions of people, only a tiny percentage of them exist.

Banned

Soon Wilt Chamberlain will be described as "having trouble walking" , "clumsy"

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade

I guess you didn't watch much of the Olympics these last 2 weeks did you? It's not just basketball players. There were plenty of male volleyball players in that 6'6"-6'10" range who were very agile and quick, and could also jump very well. I know volleyball is thought of as more of a female sport, but the guys that play are big and freakishly athletic for their size, too. Water polo players tend to be pretty big also.

Banned

having 3 legs is somewhat of an advantage

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jack612blue
    not really. I'm sure there are plenty of elite athletes out there that never played basketball due to circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I guess you didn't watch much of the Olympics these last 2 weeks did you? It's not just basketball players. There were plenty of male volleyball players in that 6'6"-6'10" range who were very agile and quick, and could also jump very well.
    yeah 30 was a retarded number. Im sorry. Its obviously way more. But its probably basically like the top 1% of all males though I would bet.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

The little MJ that couldn't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I guess you didn't watch much of the Olympics these last 2 weeks did you? It's not just basketball players. There were plenty of male volleyball players in that 6'6"-6'10" range who were very agile and quick, and could also jump very well. I know volleyball is thought of as more of a female sport, but the guys that play are big and freakishly athletic for their size, too. Water polo players tend to be pretty big also.
    I did and they are no where near Lebron or stout. Please link me to one that's actually moving like they are and not just 4-6 feet range and dives on the sand
    Last edited by BrickingStar; 08-14-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Banned

that argument is kind of pointless though because we'll never know. Yes we can say theres hundreds of kids that were smarter than einstein but shit happened and they never left their barns and did work but at the end of the day these are still the top 1% of billions of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    I did and they are no where near Lebron or stout. Please link me to one that's actually moving like they are and not just 4-6 feet range and dives on the sand
    I'm talking more about the indoor volleyball players. And I didn't say they were as athletic as LeBron. My point was that, for their size, they were very athletic.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Lebron James is a freak of nature.