Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Awesome tweets about the Gasols playing for Spain

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    It's not just not knowing he's from Spain, there are plenty of tweets there with people arguing he should be American because he makes money there and lives there, that's straight up stupid.
    And? That's has much more to do with people not understanding that just because you live in America and play in the nba, you're not legally required to play for the American national team. In fact, if they'd actually watch the Nba they'd realize, foreign basketball players, not playing for team Usa is the norm around this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    And you failed to see the stupidity in those tweets have nothing to do with having or not having knowledge of game of basketball, and it's best league, NBA.

But dumb thread regardless.
    95% of those tweets, demonstrate a clear lack of knowledge about Basketball, both Nba and international. I don't judge casual fans intelligence, by their lack of understanding about the Nba/International basketball. Not understanding why Gasol isn't on team Usa, does not translate to having a low IQ.

raep tiem

Holy ****

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    And? That's has much more to do with people not understanding that just because you live in America and play in the nba, you're not legally required to play for the American national team.
    And... that's incredibly stupid and ignorant.

And? That's has much more to do with people not understanding that just because you live in America and play in the nba, you're not legally required to play for the American national team. In fact, if they'd actually watch the Nba they'd realize, foreign basketball players, not playing for team Usa is the norm around this time.
    Excatly!! People should know just because you live and work in the US your passport doesn't need to say US. And if you have no idea on the subject then you shouldn't be making claims on why the Gasols are bad people for not playing on team US... Judging people on subjects you know nothing about its stupidity at its finest.

Saw a basketball once

Didn't read the thread but Gasol seems to really like touching heads

And... that's incredibly stupid and ignorant.
    But that has little relevance, to anything having to do with general intelligence, and only demonstrates a lack of understanding for how Nba contracts relate to international obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Excatly!! People should know just because you live and work in the US your passport doesn't need to say US. And if you have no idea on the subject then you shouldn't be making claims on why the Gasols are bad people for not playing on team US... Judging people on subjects you know nothing about its stupidity at its finest.
    That's exactly the essence of social media during any event, doesn't matter if it's sports, political or anything else. Look back at the Treyvon Martian incident, where everyone assumed the role of both homicide detectives, and the final judge and jury on facebook. Everyone wants to have a part in the moment, whether they research the subject or not.

Social media sites like twitter, are completely controlled by people who find sanctuary within their own ignorance.
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 08-13-2012 at 07:46 AM.

95% of those tweets, demonstrate a clear lack of knowledge about Basketball, both Nba and international. I don't judge casual fans intelligence, by their lack of understanding about the Nba/International basketball. Not understanding why Gasol isn't on team Usa, does not translate to having a low IQ.
    Expecting someone to play for two countries, expecting someone form Thailand to play for USA because their professional job is in the USA, etc... have nothing to do with knowledge of the game.

People with high IQ don't make stupid ignorant questions on twitter, hell, high IQ people don't use twitter.

i don't know why you are defending a bunch of rednecks that have access to the Internet.

High School Varsity 6th Man

If you live in America, Work in America, speak english, and pay Taxes here - are you not American?? Gausol's and Ibaka!! - American's!!

a grown ass man, too. damn, he's dumb.

Pelican Brief

Quote Originally Posted by ooohhh2
    Didn't read the thread but Gasol seems to really like touching heads
    Kobe :"How many f*cking shots did you miss out there tonight"
    Gasol: "I know man, I love you too"

*roll credits*

Or....or...

Kobe: "You didn't pass me the gotdamn ball like I taught you"
    Gasol:" I wasn't on your team bro *touches Kobe's head* I wasn't on your team"
    Last edited by NOHCP3; 08-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

Dumb bitches, all I'm gonna say. It's like those Bulls stans, "who is this Thibodeau guy?"

Quote Originally Posted by ooohhh2
    This picture says it all.

Those tweets......

Expecting someone to play for two countries, expecting someone form Thailand to play for USA because their professional job is in the USA, etc... have nothing to do with knowledge of the game.

People with high IQ don't make stupid ignorant questions on twitter, hell, high IQ people don't use twitter.

i don't know why you are defending a bunch of rednecks that have access to the Internet.
    Yes it does, I don't see how you can separate"knowing whether someone from the Nba is required to play on team Usa" from knowledge of the game.

I'm defending them because I think they're being subjected to unwarranted amounts of criticism, for lacking knowledge on the obligations Nba players have to their national team. I'm one of the harshest critics of my own country, but If you're going to question their Iq, do it about politics, wars, or something that should actually be relevant to Americans, sports knowledge is a luxury not a necessity.