Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Awesome tweets about the Gasols playing for Spain

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    By "American team" I think he/she meant the Lakers, which is from a US league. Try to be understanding
    I can understand her not knowing how things work, but the "That's so stupid" line is great

I rule the local playground strike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Don't you know people can have more than one nationality? Which means they get to choose to play for either country.
    I'm laughing at the suggestion that they are playing for BOTh teams

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Someone please post all the screenshots from the Olympics thread.
    The ignorance is strong with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy
    Americans proving why Americans are the most stupid people in the world
    Every country has stupid people, but Americans seem to be the only ones proud of it. (Again, not all Americans..)

are you sure gasol is mexican? cause that ***** be looking white as hail LOL

Nobody believes there is a black ball player in the NBA who aint American

So serge ibaka not playin for USA? I’m confused..

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by strike
    I absolutely ASSURE you. Nobody in the UK would make that kind of idiotic remark about someone as high profile here

Americans really are the dumbest people in the world

I mean every single tweet regarding that article is the same. It's not even like its one or two, with others correcting them
    High Profile? Please.

These generalizations about the intelligence of Americans, would probably make sense if Americans in general had any clue about Nba basketball or international basketball. Most of those tweets are obviously, I mean glaringly, coming from casual baskeball fans who only watched the game because it was the gold medal game. How do I know? Check their twitters, was anyone speaking about Luis Scola or Manu Ginobili playing on the Argentina team like four days ago? No. Were they lesser Nba players? No. This clearly demonstrates that their interest in basketball was virtually non-existent until the gold medal game, which is reflected in their tweets .

What people do on twitter, especially when it comes to events like the Nba finals, or the Olympics, is that casual fans will try to give insight, or state opinions, that make their followers believe that they have some sort of knowledge about the sport. It's always been that way, in fact my best friend in real life does it, and when I actually ask her about a bench player, she tries to quickly change the subject.

Knowledge about Nba Basketball/International basketball, isn't something the majority of the population possess. And the majority of basketball fans, are casual fans who lack knowledge about basketball outside of the big names like Kobe and Lebron. In fact judging from those tweets, I'd be really surprised if any of those people have actually watched Marc play in the nba.

And yes I'm sure, In the UK, a place where people are even less intrested in Basketball than the US, they'd clearly be educated on the subject. When you start generalizing casual basketball fans, as a reflection on the entire American population, then you're clearly reaching.
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 08-13-2012 at 07:17 AM.

--------

This is the best one by far.
    First of all he's Spanish, not Mexican.
    Second, all Mexicans aren't brown skinned.
    Third, Spain and Mexico are two different countries.
    Fourth, and most important, Spain was playing the U.S. not Mexico.

Local High School Star

Damn those people are ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    High Profile? Please.

These generalizations about the intelligence of Americans, would probably make sense if Americans in general had any clue about Nba basketball or international basketball. Most of those tweets are obviously, I mean glaringly, coming from casual baskeball fans who only watched the game because it was the gold medal game. How do I know? Check their twitters, was anyone speaking about Tony Parker playing on the French team? No, and he's probably been a bigger name the past six years than Gasol.

What people do on twitter, especially when it comes to events like the Nba finals, or the Olympics, is that casual fans will try to give insight, or state opinions, that make their followers believe that they have some sort of knowledge about the sport. It's always been that way, in fact my best friend in real life does it, and when I actually ask her about a bench player, she tries to quickly change the subject.

Knowledge about Nba Basketball/International basketball, isn't something the majority of the population possess. And the majority of basketball fans, are casual fans who lack knowledge outside of basketball outside of the big names like Kobe and Lebron. In fact judging from those tweets, I'd be really surprised if any of those people have actually watched Marc play in the nba.

And yes I'm sure, In the UK, a place where people are even less intrested in Basketball than the US, they'd clearly be educated on the subject. When you start generalizing casual basketball fans, as a reflection on the entire American population, then you're clearly reaching.

Blaa-Blaa mate

Don't even try to defend this one

If you took someone with Gasols stature in the UK, playing in the premier league, I guarantee you next to nobody would make an idiotic comment like ''WTF?! why's he playing for Spain?!?!''.

Americans geographical knowledge is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan

--------

This is the best one by far.
    First of all he's Spanish, not Mexican.
    Second, all Mexicans aren't brown skinned.
    Third, Spain and Mexico are two different countries.
    Fourth, and most important, Spain was playing the U.S. not Mexico.

Took the words out of my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by strike
    Blaa-Blaa mate

Don't even try to defend this one

If you took someone with Gasols stature in the UK, playing in the premier league, I guarantee you next to nobody would make an idiotic comment like ''WTF?! why's he playing for Spain?!?!''.

Americans geographical knowledge is the worst.
    No, not even close. In America being in a premier league has no relevance, only being a big name does. Why do most casual fans know Dirk is German? Because they only payed attention in the Nba finals and saw what he was doing in 2011. Being American, holds no requirement for you to have basic knowledge of basketball players or sports players in general. Most American's aren't sports fans, and therefore have no reason to know where Gasol's from, besides when they watch the occasional Laker game and see Gasol playing on an American team.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Generalizing American stupidity because girls from the ages of about 14 to 20 tweeting about a sport they know nothing about... seems smart.

ISH proving to be about as smart as the tweeters in the article.

Congrats morons. Strike in particular.

Most of those tweets are obviously, I mean glaringly, coming from casual baskeball fans who only watched the game because it was the gold medal game.
    And you failed to see the stupidity in those tweets have nothing to do with having or not having knowledge of game of basketball, and it's best league, NBA.

But dumb thread regardless.

No, not even close. In America being in a premier league has no relevance, only being a big name does. Why do most casual fans know Dirk is German? Because they only payed attention in the Nba finals and saw what he was doing in 2011. Being American, holds no requirement for you to have basic knowledge of basketball players or sports players in general. Most American's aren't sports fans, and therefore have no reason to know where Gasol's from, besides when they watch the occasional Laker game and see Gasol playing on an American team.

It's not just not knowing he's from Spain, there are plenty of tweets there with people arguing he should be American because he makes money there and lives there, that's straight up stupid.