Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: According to Euroleague: 2 of the 5 Best Players in the World are...

Quote Originally Posted by sodap
    Navarro would have had a really great NBA career (manu level) if he had been drafted when he was young, imho. He's not the player he could have been, and he's great anyway.
    Like when he was 22?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: According to Euroleague: 2 of the 5 Best Players in the World are...

I had no idea who this Navarro person was before this thread.

I just looked it up...in 2007 he went to the NBA as a 27 year old...

He scored 10.9 ppg on 40 FG% and 9.4 FGA per game...2.2 assists per game and 1.6 turnovers per game.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    I had no idea who this Navarro person was before this thread.

I just looked it up...in 2007 he went to the NBA as a 27 year old...

He scored 10.9 ppg on 40 FG% and 9.4 FGA per game...2.2 assists per game and 1.6 turnovers per game.
    He's a player that for whatever reason gets overvalued in certain circles (one of the main reasons is he left the NBA in favor the ACB and Euroleague, and people like to latch on to those players). If he had stayed in the NBA or started playing when he had been drafted, he would've been a fairly good bench player. He's a good and crafty scorer but you can't really focus your offense around nor could he really be a consistent starter. The main reason for that is he's essentially a 6'2" shooting guard who may be one of the worst and most indifferent defenders I've ever seen. But still he would've been able to find a role in the NBA if he had stayed, but he'd be nowhere near the level of a Ginobili or Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    He's a player that for whatever reason gets overvalued in certain circles (one of the main reasons is he left the NBA in favor the ACB and Euroleague, and people like to latch on to those players). If he had stayed in the NBA or started playing when he had been drafted, he would've been a fairly good bench player. He's a good and crafty scorer but you can't really focus your offense around nor could he really be a consistent starter. The main reason for that is he's essentially a 6'2" shooting guard who may be one of the worst and most indifferent defenders I've ever seen. But still he would've been able to find a role in the NBA if he had stayed, but he'd be nowhere near the level of a Ginobili or Parker.
    Navarro is a strong and legit 6-4. He's about an inch taller than Rubio, who the NBA lists at 6-4.

You are a ****ing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Navarro is a strong and legit 6-4. He's about an inch taller than Rubio, who the NBA lists at 6-4.

You are a ****ing idiot.
    Except Rubio is a traditional point guard. Calm down.

You are a ****ing idiot.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Navarro-5183/

6-3 175lbs... with the likely wingspan of a t-rex.

Guy is pewny and far from the physical specimen ingredients necessary to become top tier NBA shooting guard. Navarro is only the size of an NBA point guard yet he's supposed to be able to shoot over the NBA's elite defensive shooting guards who are much bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    That's right. Vassilis Spanoulis and Juan Carlos Navarro make up 40% of the 5 best players in the world in Euroleague's mind.

Oh, and after team USA decided they had enough of Navarro lighting them up, they actually decided to 'd' his ass up, and he scored 2 whole points in the second half.

how do you guy still not understand this

he just says stupid shit for attention, why even bother acknowledging him?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I agree with this at some extent.
    Ginobili is way more creative, more athletic than Navarro but Navarro as a casa in terms of actually shooting.
    Navarro is the better shooter and that is why he is better serve as a catch and shoot type of player in the NBA. There's nothing wrong with that. Reggie Miller was the same. I dunno if Navarro could have carve an NBA HOF but he is a decent player at worst. I wish he could come back to NBA and player for the Lakers. He's is better than we have like Blake, Meeks, Duhon and Goudeluck. He would given us 15-20 minutes of solid shooting off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Navarro-5183/

6-3 175lbs... with the likely wingspan of a t-rex.

Guy is pewny and far from the physical specimen ingredients necessary to become top tier NBA shooting guard. Navarro is only the size of an NBA point guard yet he's supposed to be able to shoot over the NBA's elite defensive shooting guards who are much bigger?
    Navarro is 6-4 and over 200 pounds. You ****ing ******.

Your word against the draftexpress, you lose

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I'm sure people are really gonna take your word over draftexpress.

So it's your opinion vs facts....

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Your word against the draftexpress, you lose
    Draftexpress is one of the biggest jokes on the internet.

Navarro's official measurements from the 2004 Olympics:

http://www.sports-reference.com/olym...navarro-1.html

6-4 198

He looks like he has gained about 10-12 pounds since that time.

Draftexpress is one of the biggest jokes on the internet.

Navarro's official measurements from the 2004 Olympics:

http://www.sports-reference.com/olym...navarro-1.html

6-4 198

He looks like he has gained about 10-12 pounds since that time.

The olympics just uses list information now a days, and list information as we all know is full of shit. Navarro is 6-3. He's too small to be an elite NBA shooting guard. But nobody here is saying he couldn't play in the NBA and actually be somewhat decent so I don't know what your so mad about, it's a compliment to say teams like the Lakers could use him for solid backup minutes to a guy like Kobe what more could u ask from a 6-3 undersized shooting guard? Mad respect to his game for being able to play that position so small. He just wouldn't be able to do it against the NBA's superior sized defenders in a starting role on a legit team that's all.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 08-12-2012 at 09:01 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I love how this guy gets infuriated over an inch

He's 6-3