Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: According to Euroleague: 2 of the 5 Best Players in the World are...

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I love how this guy gets infuriated over an inch

He's 6-3
    Kinda what I was thinking. Don't know why anyone is getting that worked up over an inch. 6'3" or 6'4", what does it matter? Either one is undersized for a SG and big for a PG.
    Last edited by KG215; 08-12-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Default Re: According to Euroleague: 2 of the 5 Best Players in the World are...

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Kinda what I was thinking. Don't know why anyone is getting that worked up over an inch. 6'3" or 6'4", what does it matter? Either one is undersized for a SG and big for a PG.
    He wants us to go by cherry erroneous picked listed info plus we're supposed to ignore the weight number from the same erroneous source because of his opinion on how much he believes the unathletic looking Navarro weighs

twiggy t-rex arms + small hands + 6-3 = not gonna cut it as a stud SG in the NBA. His skill will allow him to play in the NBA for sure though. He just won't be a superstar, I don't see what's so bad about that I'm paying a huge compliment to the guy

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    He wants us to go by cherry erroneous picked listed info plus we're supposed to ignore the weight number from the same erroneous source because of his opinion on how much he believes the unathletic looking Navarro weighs

twiggy t-rex arms + small hands + 6-3 = not gonna cut it as a stud SG in the NBA. His skill will allow him to play in the NBA for sure though. He just won't be a superstar, I don't see what's so bad about that I'm paying a huge compliment to the guy
    Yeah, but he's still one of the 5 best players in the world, right?

The olympics just uses list information now a days, and list information as we all know is full of shit. Navarro is 6-3. He's too small to be an elite NBA shooting guard. But nobody here is saying he couldn't play in the NBA and actually be somewhat decent so I don't know what your so mad about, it's a compliment to say teams like the Lakers could use him for solid backup minutes to a guy like Kobe what more could u ask from a 6-3 undersized shooting guard? Mad respect to his game for being able to play that position so small. He just wouldn't be able to do it against the NBA's superior sized defenders in a starting role on a legit team that's all.
    Not to defend euroleague, but Monta Ellis is 6'3 and very light, and he's a 22-25 PPG scorer in the NBA. Although he really should be a PG or a 6th man IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Not to defend euroleague, but Monta Ellis is 6'3 and very light, and he's a 22-25 PPG scorer in the NBA. Although he really should be a PG or a 6th man IMO.
    You just agree'd with me, your not defending Euroleague at all - I said Navarro could DEFINITELY play solid minutes in the league - just not as an elite starting role on legit playoff teams. He wouldn't have enough impact. On a team like Golden State or the Bucks? Pfffft sure he could start and put up fluff stats. Monta Ellis is actually a really good comparison. Another would be Cuttino Mobley

You just agree'd with me, your not defending Euroleague at all - I said Navarro could DEFINITELY play solid minutes in the league - just not as an elite starting role on legit playoff teams. He wouldn't have enough impact. On a team like Golden State? Pfffft sure he could start and put up fluff stats. Monta Ellis is actually a really good comparison. Or Cuttino Mobley
    Monta Ellis could definitely start at PG. Poor man's Derrick Rose. He's a very gifted player, he just hasn't been used correctly for most of his career IMO. Also a lot of 6th men (i.e., Jason Terry) are basically starters minutes-wise (and Terry was a starting PG for a lot of his career as well).

F*CK A TITLE

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    Are u stupid he is a turnover waiting to happen every time he dribbled the ball I was facepalming.

My NBA comparison to him is JJ Reddick a good shooter that can't handle the ball.
    You clearly don't watch the Magic at all.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Does Navarro do anything than score?

Just cause he is 6'3 doesn't make him a small shooting guard that would get bullied.

Wade is 6'3 and no shooting guard in the league can stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Just cause he is 6'3 doesn't make him a small shooting guard that would get bullied.

Wade is 6'3 and no shooting guard in the league can stop him.
    Wade is 6-3.75 and 234lbs with a 6-10.75 wingspan and massive hands + a 36" vertical... He's a freak and his stature and physical gifts are in no way similar too:

6-3.00 and 175lbs with the wingspan of a t-rex and small hands

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Monta Ellis could definitely start at PG. Poor man's Derrick Rose. He's a very gifted player, he just hasn't been used correctly for most of his career IMO. Also a lot of 6th men (i.e., Jason Terry) are basically starters minutes-wise (and Terry was a starting PG for a lot of his career as well).

I really disagree with Monta being a PG. He's a 2guard or a 6th man of the year kinda guy. I don't see him as being anything like Derrick Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Navarro clearly isn't a top 5 player, but he certainly is on that Tony Parker level. Had a great game today.
    JCN 21 pts on 7/17 shooting = great game

JCN scored 17? of his 21 pts in the first half. Kobe told Coach K at half time "I got Navarro". The result? JCN shut down.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    JCN scored 17? of his 21 pts in the first half. Kobe told Coach K at half time "I got Navarro". The result? JCN shut down.

Kobe Byrant took los Lakers to the home of JCN's Barcelona on 2010. Navarro told Xavi Pascual "I got Kobe". The result?

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301007138

Navarro is one of those players that's either extremely underrated by most American NBA fans and very overrated by most European basketball fans. He's somewhere in the middle. A legit NBA scorer and an above average NBA player that could be an important contributor on a good playoff team.