Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default According to Euroleague: 2 of the 5 Best Players in the World are...

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Spanoulis and Navarro are both in the top 5 players in the world, and Spanoulis is even better than Navarro is.
    That's right. Vassilis Spanoulis and Juan Carlos Navarro make up 40% of the 5 best players in the world in Euroleague's mind.

Oh, and after team USA decided they had enough of Navarro lighting them up, they actually decided to 'd' his ass up, and he scored 2 whole points in the second half.

Default Re: According to Euroleague: 2 of the 5 Best Players in the World are...

Navarro clearly isn't a top 5 player, but he certainly is on that Tony Parker level. Had a great game today.

Default Re: According to Euroleague: 2 of the 5 Best Players in the World are...

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Navarro clearly isn't a top 5 player, but he certainly is on that Tony Parker level. Had a great game today.
    Not sure I'd go that far, either. I think he's an NBA caliber player, but I'm not sure I'd put him on Tony Parker's level.

Parker is much much better.

Wtf is wrong with that guy?

No, he's a tier below. He's a good shooter, spot up and off the dribble, but he's nowhere near the creator. And as Tony Parker isn't the best creator himself I'd that's not a good thing. The other main difference is that Navarro, who I think is a very good player and might have been a perennial all-star, had he stayed in the NBA, isn't capable of being the lead dog with defensive attention centered on him.

He's good in a role where he can score, even more than the other(first option) guy, but not be the main focus. Meaning without the Gasols his output would drop down massively in FIBA play.

imo

He's no top 5 in world, but he's CLEARLY a NBA Starter material.
    Oh and btw, i agree with you but ... Navarro played injuried.

I have no reason to believe Navarro is anything better than a poor man's Cuttino Mobley. Dude would be able to play in the NBA, sure, but he's not even all-star worthy much less "top 5"

Banned

joel anthony and samuel dalambert are top 5 players too

i'm canadian so they have to be

I think if you give Navarro the same amount of time to get accustomed to the NBA style of play, and particularly a player friendly system like the Spurs, he'd be as good as Parker. Just my opinion. I think hes a better scorer, more refined/skilled when it comes to scoring, and I think hes as good on that pick and roll as Parker is. I agree though, his playmaking isn't up to the same ability, and yet Parker isn't that great himself, which is an issue for Navarro.

Navarro would have had a really great NBA career (manu level) if he had been drafted when he was young, imho. He's not the player he could have been, and he's great anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    No, he's a tier below. He's a good shooter, spot up and off the dribble, but he's nowhere near the creator. And as Tony Parker isn't the best creator himself I'd that's not a good thing. The other main difference is that Navarro, who I think is a very good player and might have been a perennial all-star, had he stayed in the NBA, isn't capable of being the lead dog with defensive attention centered on him.

He's good in a role where he can score, even more than the other(first option) guy, but not be the main focus. Meaning without the Gasols his output would drop down massively in FIBA play.

imo
    If yo think he's a perennial all-star, then you're saying he's at least as good (if not better) than Parker. Parker has been in the league 11 seasons, and he's "only" been an all-star four times. That's good, but not in the "perennial" category like the guys making it basically every year of their prime unless injured.

Anyway, I do think Navarro can play in the NBA, and even start on some teams, but calling him one of the 5 best players in the world is hilarious.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Prime Navarro is much better than Parker . In my opinion Navarro is better than Gasol and he is the best Spanish player but not top 5 in the world .

Adbloock<3

Are u stupid he is a turnover waiting to happen every time he dribbled the ball I was facepalming.

My NBA comparison to him is JJ Reddick a good shooter that can't handle the ball.

He put 'Crazed troll' as his custom title below his username. He's trolling