Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: who thinks Kobe is still the best player on the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Dwight got to the finals with scrubs. Kobe couldn't get out of the first round with scrubs. 23 year old Dwight>prime Kobe
    And just like lebron carried scrubs to the finals, he faced at least one. 500 team.

How many has Kobe faced?

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by CTulc
    I don't agree with the people who claim Dwight is the 3rd best player in the NBA.
    then who is?

I usually hit open layups CTulc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    then who is?
    I suppose I should hold my tounge, since this is all dependent on next year. I just get the feeling there are a few players who could take that spot such as CP3, maybe westbrook, or wade/Kobe (both need to have bounceback years with better efficiency.) and believe it or not if Rondo comes back with a new attitude I could see him as well.

I don't agree with the people who claim Dwight is the 3rd best player in the NBA.
    I don't either, he's the 2nd best

I usually hit open layups CTulc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I'm not going to even bother... But I guess I should ask why?

I'm not going to even bother... But I guess I should ask why?
    I feel he has the second most impact behind LeBron, he and LBJ are the only guys (besides MAYBE CP3) you put on basically any team and they make the playoffs. I may be underrating Durant but he just doesn't seem as impactful as his stats suggest to me. That said, I have no problem with people ranking KD 2nd in the NBA.

I feel he has the second most impact behind LeBron, he and LBJ are the only guys (besides MAYBE CP3) you put on basically any team and they make the playoffs. I may be underrating Durant but he just doesn't seem as impactful as his stats suggest to me. That said, I have no problem with people ranking KD 2nd in the NBA.
    I think Dwight is easily > Durant.

Durant is a good player, but let's be honest here. A lot of it is hype. Most people were picking him to be the MVP last year before the season even started. That is the definition of rating a player not on performance but on nothing but hype.

I still think Dwight are CP3 better than Durant without it even being very close.

Good college starter

Dwight, Kobe is getting too old and lost a step or two.

He's right there

2nd or 3rd take your pick.

Magic Johnson

Dwight was arguably the second best player in the league two years ago. He was top five last year despite playing with a bad back. Kobe's still got it, but he's probably top 5-10. Edge to Dwight.

Really this pairing is like Pierce and KG a couple years ago. KG may be the best player on the squad, but it's still Pierce's team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Dwight is by far the best defensive player (anchor) in the league, at the top of the list at rebounding, and gives you 20(+) points a night. (aka the best player on the Lakers) Kobe Bryant is the perfect player for this phrase: "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". He's going to jack up ill advised jump shots like he always has, he's got too much trek on those tires, he has too many nagging pains, he is too old to get to the rim regularly, and is frankly too stupid to change the way he plays and allow himself to get easier looks at the basket and shots created by having the talents of Nash, Howard and Gasol on the team.

Oh there is no doubt that he will take the most shots on the team by a wide margin...he's ****ing Kobe Bryant. Jacking up jump shots is in his blood. When it comes down to it though, Howard doesn't need many shots to get his 20 or so points and their point differential won't be separated by all that much. Howard gets to the ft line more than anyone else by a HUGE MARGIN. Over the last five years he's gotten to the line over 10 times a game and on as little as 10 field goal attempts. Nash can only help Howard get easier shots at the basket too. I am interested to see what Gasol will do as switching Bynum for Howard really doesn't change all that much at least the way Mike Brown was running the offense. Howard is still going to be the one down in the paint the majority of the time with Gasol stuck on the perimeter AGAIN where he doesn't belong at all with his terrific post game. He is so wasted in the Mike Brown offense. As a Celtic fan I just smirk and say: Hey you want to waste your players, waste your players. As a fan of the game though, I hate to see how wasted a player like Gasol is on the Lakers now.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 08-12-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Dwight is the best player but Kobe is still the leader of this team. he will lead all Laker players in chucking. count on that!