Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: I find it pesky that Fans still regard the Thunder better than the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    The thunder is a jump shooting team.

They're not beating us this year with nash and Dwight PLUS the bench. Get real man. Nobody is coming into our paint anymore.

Perkins wills foul out trying to guard Dwight when he's on the lakers. Then ibaka will have his hand fool.

I can't wait till the season starts man. We're tearing squads up. Real shit.
    overrating your team much?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: I find it pesky that Fans still regard the Thunder better than the Lakers

The Thunder get worse by having to keep Perkins on the floor longer against Dwight. That guy is overrated and hurt OKC's chances every time he stepped on the floor in last years playoffs.

And what many seem to have conveniently forgotten, the Lakers very easily could of been up 3-1 in the series last year had they not had 2 epic almost flukey choke jobs at the end of 2 games...

As for the roster, they've essentially swapped out:
    Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard,
    Ramon Sessions for Steve Nash,
    Matt Barnes for Antawn Jamison,
    Troy Murphy for Jodie Meeks,
    Darius Morris for Chris Duhon, and
    Josh McRoberts for Earl Clark.

Each of which is a clear upgrade...

I mean, it's pretty clear who the superior team on paper is... However they haven't played a game yet and until we see how they come together you've gotta respect the defending WCF champions; I wouldn't get too cocky if I was an OKC fan though..

Local High School Star

Westbrook will have a field day with Nash guarding him.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    The Thunder get worse by having to keep Perkins on the floor longer against Dwight. That guy is overrated and hurt OKC's chances every time he stepped on the floor in last years playoffs.

And what many seem to have conveniently forgotten, the Lakers very easily could of been up 3-1 in the series last year had they not had 2 epic almost flukey choke jobs at the end of 2 games...

As for the roster, they've essentially swapped out:
    Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard,
    Ramon Sessions for Steve Nash,
    Matt Barnes for Antawn Jamison,
    Troy Murphy for Jodie Meeks,
    Darius Morris for Chris Duhon, and
    Josh McRoberts for Earl Clark.

Each of which is a clear upgrade...

I mean, it's pretty clear who the superior team on paper is... However they haven't played a game yet and until we see how they come together you've gotta respect the defending WCF champions; I wouldn't get too cocky if I was an OKC fan though..
    LMFAO I'm sick of hearing this ****. I guess people are forgetting the ridiculous, clearly pro-Laker refereeing in game 3 I believe it was (one of the worst ref jobs I've EVER seen), which would have put Thunder up 3-0 and we would have swept the Laker scrubs.

Local High School Star

i think the thunder can still beat them. the gawd eric maynor is comin back strong BOOK IT

lol @ dwight sharing shots with kobe, pau, nash, and harrington. he was unhappy with his touches in orlando, what do you think its going to be like now ? lakers will be great, but they do still have mike brown coaching.. no doubt the offense wont be as good as it should be with that level of talent.... and the thunder will still have the speed advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by icewill36
    i think the thunder can still beat them. the gawd eric maynor is comin back strong BOOK IT

lol @ dwight sharing shots with kobe, pau, nash, and harrington. he was unhappy with his touches in orlando, what do you think its going to be like now ? lakers will be great, but they do still have mike brown coaching.. no doubt the offense wont be as good as it should be with that level of talent.... and the thunder will still have the speed advantage.
    We got Harrington too?!!? OMG OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Im not crazy about this move. The reason why is because this makes the Lakers a hostile, frightening team. If they are healthy, they will blow every team away and considering some of their ages, they will lose some gas to win like 80 games, but this team should win a minimum of 65 games.

Im not knocking the THunder.

But consider this. Pau Gasol is considered to be the Lakers Fourth best player...

Who is the 4th best player on the OKC?

Do you folks realize how good LA will be next year? Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, and Pau Gasol. If that is not good enough to make it out of the west, than I don't think anything is. Dwight Howard is gonna eat the thunder up alive! The Thunder don't even have a chance! (Unless all the Lakers get hurt)

Anyways, down with the Lakers. I hope that Lebron takes them down in the finals, though it will be the Heat's toughest challenge yet. Dam...

Thunder are a match-up problem for the Lakers don't you think.

Between Kobe, Artest, Jamison and Nash they have 90% of their rotation at the 1-2-3 who can't guard any other the Thunders big three at those positions, Durant, Harden and Westbrook.

Meanwhile the Lakers strength inside with Gasol and Howard will come up against a front court with arguably the best on ball defender (Perkins) and help defender (Ibaka) among post players. Now they add another athletic forward in Perry Jones and I can't see LA closing the gap from the 5 game sweep last season.

The Thunder are too young and athletic for the Lakers I suspect, but we shall see.

Where does the "Dwight stopped" shit come from? Perkins

Dwight can make Orlando's defense amongst the best. Kobe is a better defender, still, than any other player on the Magic. Nash's defense is not nearly as bad as people say, and he had plenty of games last season where he played good defense. And he's a very good team defender. Let Westbrook or anyone get past him. Dwight Howard is there. On paper, it's crazy.

Tho I would look to get a new SF. Artest was a great man defender, but the Lakers need a team defender. I'm sure they can still snag one, thru trade or whatever.

BTW, Ibaka as good or BETTER than Pau Gasol=

Ibaka is not one of the 10 best PF's in the league. Gimme a break.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by icewill36

I'm so sick of the idiots on this board

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Wink Re: I find it pesky that Fans still regard the Thunder better than the Lakers

I don't think us Thunder fans are too concerned about anything the entire league is putting up.

We WILL be damn good next year. Now the year after that, is when shit gets scarier for us with contracts and that stuff.

Bring it Lakers (or anyone).

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12

Kobe shouldn't have been the main focus for the Thunder D anyways, nobody should double team Kobe.
    umm,, Durant was points leader with 28.0 ppg

Kobe was second with 27.9 ppg

Now, the Lakers have a few more players that will take additional attention. Let that stir in your brain for awhile.

LAL>OKC