Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: I find it pesky that Fans still regard the Thunder better than the Lakers

Well this team gave thunder problems and could of been up 3-1 without nash, dwight, Jamison etc in last years playoffs.so it's not wrong to think lakers should be favoured. Thunder will give this new team problems due to their speed and durant being that damn good but I fancy our chances.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: I find it pesky that Fans still regard the Thunder better than the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Umm... why wouldn't you? Even as a Laker fan I'd still rate the Thunder higher. The thunder just got to the finals. This Lakers team hasn't even shared a brunch together yet. This could all still go horribly wrong, there's no reason whatsoever to put the Lakers ahead of the Thunder right now unless you're talking about in a video game.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Most stacked team ever?

Celts and lakers in the 80s were much more stacked to be fair as were Russels celts.

Cut the relative to the leave crap Miami. OKC , and Boston are all stacked as well.

Banned

What I am most interested now in seeing is dwight howard on a stacked team where he will get fewer touches and will have to be more efficient. I have always maintained that he is the most overrated player in the nba and I think this season will confirm it.

Thunder's youth and athleticism is definitely cause for concern..

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Anyways, down with the Lakers. I hope that Lebron takes them down in the finals, though it will be the Heat's toughest challenge yet. Dam...

I'm seeing a lot of excuses and salty replies in this thread.

The Lakers and Thunder are now a great match up, no doubt. But, I see the Lakers pulling away and beating the Thunder this year. Making them fight for the second seed with the Spurs. Face it Thunder fans, your time is over.

Durant > Kobe
    Westbrook > Nash

Perk's only real useful skill is post D and will be a big help against dwight.

Also you have no idea who is going to be healthy come playoff time especially in LA.

Even matchup imo

Who thinks the Thunder are better than the Lakers? It's obvious we aren't. Just yesterday a Lakers fan made a thread reminding us that if they play each other in the playoffs, it's basically going to be Durant and Westbrook vs. Kobe, Howard, Nash, and Gasol. Made me realize that young studs on the rise like Harden and Ibaka don't even belong in even the same conversation as aging guys like Nash, Pau, and Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Most stacked team ever?

Celts and lakers in the 80s were much more stacked to be fair as were Russels celts.

Cut the relative to the leave crap Miami. OKC , and Boston are all stacked as well.

Cut the crap, you weren't even alive in the 80s, much less the 60s. You know nothing about those eras, and all you care about is degrading Kobe's teammates to prop Kobe up, truly pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by noosaman
    What I am most interested now in seeing is dwight howard on a stacked team where he will get fewer touches and will have to be more efficient. I have always maintained that he is the most overrated player in the nba and I think this season will confirm it.
    Bynum got the same amount of possessions last year equal to dwights.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noosaman
    He has always been efficient. He can survive just off dunk tipping in offensive rebounds from Kobe's 38-42% fg shooting, he'll get a few pick and roll alleyoops from Nash, something in transition, I guarantee he shoots over 50%.

Maybe Nash will age a lot this season. Maybe Nash won't mesh as well with the new team and Brown's offense. Maybe Westbrook is a better player, at his best position, than Nash is as a PG. But right now, there is no way Westbrook is a better player than Nash. As they both play the same position and Nash plays better.

College superstar

I hope WoW's model of 52 wins for LA next year comes true, for the lulz it'll cause.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    OKC was fortunate kobe choked away 2 games. We should've won 4-1. That won't happen again.
    fixed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Maybe Nash will age a lot this season. Maybe Nash won't mesh as well with the new team and Brown's offense. Maybe Westbrook is a better player, at his best position, than Nash is as a PG. But right now, there is no way Westbrook is a better player than Nash. As they both play the same position and Nash plays better.
    Oh look, you're back. I remember when you kept guaranteeing how the Thunder wouldn't make the Finals last season and how the Spurs, Lakers, Mavericks, and whoever would beat them.

How did that turn out?