Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Default Re: I find it pesky that Fans still regard the Thunder better than the Lakers

If Nash is allowed to run the team then they should be unstoppable. But he probably won't be.

Default Re: I find it pesky that Fans still regard the Thunder better than the Lakers

Youth will be served, that's why. Once the euphoria dies down and the games begin, people will realize that the Lakers are old and not up to the hype and all these fanatics will be disappointed, just like when Jeremy Lin's little moment ended.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Thunder in 6.

Banned

Prime Durant
    Prime Westbrook
    Prime Harden
    Prime Ibaka

See the trend here?

Versus:

Old Nash
    Old Kobe
    Old Pau

See the trend here?

We're not in 2005 anymore. My calendar says 2012.

Same reason ppl get so excited about BOS... "OMG KG!!!!" "OMG PAUL PIERCE!!!" Ehm... it's not 2002 anymore.

Live in the present instead of being attached to past glory. If it were 2005, these Lakers would go 82-0 and 16-0. But it's not, and they'll be up against a team that matches up well against them featuring players who are YOUNG, HUNGRY, ANGRY, and in their PRIME.

OKC in 6.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Thunder sweep

Dwight is softer than Bynum

Goatbrook will eat Nash

Ooooooohhh buffyyyyy

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Gasol/Howard will have it so much easier with Nash, then you still have Kobe. Who do you even double on this team? LA have stars that mesh great together, the heat are not. And they still won a title.

Let ppl doubt nov is coming up!

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I'm just saying Kobe isn't good enough to warrant double teams anymore so it's not like he'll play any better this time around.
    On the perimeter no way i double him , but in the post? I will double him every time, the idiot has too many moves lmao.Kobe right now is a set scorer , like Durant and Melo , you can't let him have the ball in his hands too much because he starts launching 3's , post him and let him go to work , he's unstoppable there , like Dirk / Durant / Melo.

The Thunder is better though and they match up well so I'll still take them in a series.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Thabeet > Nash,' D12, Jamison, Meeks

Thunder in 4

Learning to shoot layups

Yeah,

Still, you haven't seen a single game with this roster and you're already claiming they are better than OKC, even though LA with the same Kobe, the same Gasol and the 2nd best Center in the game was destroyed by OKC.

Until they prove they mesh well, OKC is still better than LA.

Don't be butthurt

how about we let the new Lakers play some games first?... chemistry is Key. Its going to take awhile for Dwights attitude to change.

Dunking on everybody in the park hawke812's Avatar

Thunder are done. They ain't going anywhere. Should look at blowing up the team tbh.

National High School Star

Umm... why wouldn't you? Even as a Laker fan I'd still rate the Thunder higher. The thunder just got to the finals. This Lakers team hasn't even shared a brunch together yet. This could all still go horribly wrong, there's no reason whatsoever to put the Lakers ahead of the Thunder right now unless you're talking about in a video game.

On paper, relative to the rest of the league, this Laker team is possibly the most stacked team I've ever seen, but it's their first year together, Kobe and Nash are getting up their in age, and the Thunder are really young and always improving.

I'm undecided at this point.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

Steve Nash is going to be 39 years old. It's not unheard of for players that age to fall off tremendously from one year to the next.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    He probably got all of those points against James Harden, no care. You put Thabo and Durant on him and he does nothing, go see the 4th quarter of those games for validation because Durant was on him in those 4th quarters and Kobe was bricking in more pathetic ways as usual these days.

Kobe shouldn't have been the main focus for the Thunder D anyways, nobody should double team Kobe.
    That right there, proves how much you really know about basketball. Yeah...that's right....every team in the league should just disregard Kobe when he gets the ball, cuz he'll probably miss the shot....huh? It's people like you who relentlessly bash on Kobe for driving the lane vs 4 or 5 defenders, or forcing a shot over 2 or 3 defenders. But then make ret**ded comments like that crap above. No consistancy whatsoever. There's a reason why 2 to 5 defenders converge on Kobe. It's good basketball to double team the opposing team's star player. Yo boys the Heat forgot about that one in the 2011 Finals, and what happened? There's also a reason why both GM's and coaches pick Kobe to take the last shot in close games. Sadly, you're oblivious to exactly what that reason is.
    Last edited by LakersReign; 08-11-2012 at 12:18 PM.