Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default I find it pesky that Fans still regard the Thunder better than the Lakers

Im not crazy about this move. The reason why is because this makes the Lakers a hostile, frightening team. If they are healthy, they will blow every team away and considering some of their ages, they will lose some gas to win like 80 games, but this team should win a minimum of 65 games.

Im not knocking the THunder.

But consider this. Pau Gasol is considered to be the Lakers Fourth best player...

Who is the 4th best player on the OKC?

Do you folks realize how good LA will be next year? Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, and Pau Gasol. If that is not good enough to make it out of the west, than I don't think anything is. Dwight Howard is gonna eat the thunder up alive! The Thunder don't even have a chance! (Unless all the Lakers get hurt)

Anyways, down with the Lakers. I hope that Lebron takes them down in the finals, though it will be the Heat's toughest challenge yet. Dam...

Default Re: I find it pesky that Fans still regard the Thunder better than the Lakers

They have a dwight stopper om Perk. Thunders 4th Best player is IBAKA! Thunder best player > lakers best player, thunder has been together for a couple of years now and they're still improving. Thunders bench > lakers bench and thunder have a better coach too.

Default Re: I find it pesky that Fans still regard the Thunder better than the Lakers

To be fair, I haven't seen many people on here saying OKC will beat LA. Of course there are a few. But enough to warrant this thread? No.

Banned

OKC matches up with the Lakers pretty much perfectly.

They have the post defenders to defend off Gasol and Howard with Ibaka and Perkins while nobody on the Lakers can stop the perimeter scorers of OKC with Westbrook and Durant.

Not like Kobe is that good anymore. OKC can just put Thabo and Durant on him 1 on 1 and he'll be irrelevant for the rest of the game.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

OKC was fortunate we choked away 2 games. We should've won 4-1. That won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    You're joking right? Please tell me you are joking.
    Joking about what?

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    OKC matches up with the Lakers pretty much perfectly.

They have the post defenders to defend off Gasol and Howard with Ibaka and Perkins while nobody on the Lakers can stop the perimeter scorers of OKC with Westbrook and Durant.

Not like Kobe is that good anymore. OKC can just put Thabo and Durant on him 1 on 1 and he'll be irrelevant for the rest of the game.
    Just like he was irrelevant this year with his 31/5/3/2 average for the series? Not to mention he was the main focus of the Thunder defense and didn't have a guard who could penetrate the ball and make the D collapse. Also, let's not act like OKC was head and shoulders above the Lakers last year. Those 5 games are misleading. We basically gave away 2 games, but i won't be the typical "what if" guy right now, but i would like to enlighten some of you on that.

If you don't think adding Nash, Dwight, Jamison, Meeks is a major upgrade, i wouldn't know what to say to you.

At this point, it's a tossup. We should just wait and see how the new Lakers adjust to each other.
    Last edited by SAKOTXA; 08-11-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Thunder barely beat the Lakers last post season.. Not surprising ISH experts didnt even probably watch any of the games...

Add Nash running the offense, (where the Lakers melted in 4th qtrs), Dwight (self explanatory) and a MUCH better bench, you would be kidding yourself to think the Thunder are better

Dont even mention losing Bynum, he sucked ass. Lazy, unmotivated crybaby.. Enjoy being "the man" in Philly chump.

As of right now, the Thunder are still the team to beat in the West.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    Just like he was irrelevant in this year with his 31/5/3/2 average for the series? Not to mention he was the main focus of the Thunder defense and didn't have a guard who could penetrate the ball and make the D collapse.

At this point, it's a tossup. We should just wait and see how the new Lakers adjust to each other.
    He probably got all of those points against James Harden, no care. You put Thabo and Durant on him and he does nothing, go see the 4th quarter of those games for validation because Durant was on him in those 4th quarters and Kobe was bricking in more pathetic ways as usual these days.

Kobe shouldn't have been the main focus for the Thunder D anyways, nobody should double team Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    He probably got all of those points against James Harden, no care. You put Thabo and Durant on him and he does nothing, go see the 4th quarter of those games for validation because Durant was on him in those 4th quarters and Kobe was bricking in more pathetic ways as usual these days.

Kobe shouldn't have been the main focus for the Thunder D anyways, nobody should double team Kobe.
    Why wouldn't you double Kobe when nobody on his team(except Bynum) is doing anything worth talking about?

This year, OKC won't get away with as much double teaming because our role playing will most likely make them pay for it.

You sound so salty though, what's the matter?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    Why wouldn't you double Kobe when nobody on his team(except Bynum) is doing anything worth talking about?
    Good point, but I'm just saying Kobe isn't good enough to warrant double teams anymore so it's not like he'll play any better this time around.

The analysts i've seen comment on this topic seem to be guarded...usually citing the thunder's chemistry & hunger from getting to the finals and losing

really though...if the lakers stay healthy it won't even be a debate come playoff time who the better team is

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease mikek85's Avatar

The Thunder ARE the favorites in the west.

This is the new lakers FIRST season together. What you smokin bro?

Quote Originally Posted by KeyNote
    The analysts i've seen comment on this topic seem to be guarded...usually
    really though...if the lakers stay healthy it won't even be a debate come playoff time who the better team is
    How can you say "it won't even be a debate" when OKC are the reigning ECF champions and only will grow stronger with their core of young superstars (and a good supporting cast)?

Yes, the Lakers have added two great players, but last time I checked basketball was still a team game and Lakers supporting cast is still AWFUL.