Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Which teams match up best with this new Lakers squad?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    You don't think he can handle setting up a rotation that keeps 2 out of 4 players on the court for most of the game?

They did the same thing last year with Drew, Pau and Kobe, they didn't all sit at the same time very often.
    Yeah, either Pau or Dwight will be on the floor at all times alongside each other or Hill/Jamison. Lots of potential combinations and lineups with Nash or Kobe paired up with one of the big men.

I want to see how this lineup would do

Nash
    Meeks
    Kobe
    Jamison
    Dwight
    Last edited by chazzy; 08-11-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    Whoops.

In that case, we just cant know until we see them. Either Nash or Kobe are going to be forced into playing in a way we havent seen before, and my guess is its going to be kobe.

I would pressure the ball whenever it is not in Nashs hands. Im trying to keep the lakers on the perimeter as much as i can. Even though Pau can stretch the floor and hit those jumpers, i would much rather them not get the ball near the basket
    Expecting a lot of zone to be ran against them. I mean, no one in the starting unit minus the back-court is scary from the arc and with good rotations, you'd be able to get a hand up in their face.

Local High School Star

I know Boston isn't the first team to come to mind but we took the champs to game 7 with half the team on crutches.

It's no doubt Boston is building a team to beat Miami. But now you throw this big 4 at us. I still have faith that doc and ainge will make the right moves.

1. We have two 7 footer at 260 lbs one of them being defensive minded to give D12 fits like Perk used to .

2. Paul Pierce at his age still scores anywhere he chooses.

3. Kevin Garnett was the best big in the entire playoffs last season.

4. Rajon Rondo averaged a triple double in the 2009 post season when they played d12 and the magic for the ECF. And still continues to be a triple double machine.

5. Brandon Bass Stolen from the Magic proved that given minutes he can be a productive player off the bench or starting. And was our best offensive rebounder. Very stout down low too.

6. Avery Bradley has finally found his spot and looks comfortable offensively in the starting line up. His defense is fuKcing annoying unless your on his team. A bit under sized for a SG but makes up for it with his athleticism. (ask Wade)

7. Jeff Green is coming back and he says he feels better than before. He is a 6' 9'' player that can handle the ball, good free throe shooter that can also stretch the floor and can shoot the 3. He started to look like he did on OKC when he came to Boston but shortly after was benched to get surgery.

8. Jason Terry What more should I say besides look at the 2010-2011 Finals.

9. Courtney Lee a 40% 3 point shooter, great defender (led the team in steals in NJ) good free throw shooter. And also has played the SF position.

10. Jared Sullinger is an un-proven big in the NBA. But in this day and age any big is good. 6' 9'' and 260lbs being mentored by KG? Yes please.

Boston is better than last year even with ray out. I have faith that we will be in the ECF this up coming season and just maybe get to see another Boston vs. Lakers finals.
    Last edited by jdm_dc_fan; 08-11-2012 at 07:08 PM.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Um, Perkins is one of the best Dwightfenders in the league. He frustrates the crap out of him.
    Yes. One on one.

Because Dwight has never had a point guard that can execute pick and roll flawlessly or consistently.

Ever seen Perkins try and defend the pick and roll?

There is a reason why Brooks was forced to sit him for much of the Spurs and Miami series. Both teams that execute pick and roll to a tee, as well as play effective small ball.

For that reason, I'm not sure why the "OKC got this - Dwight is nothing! Perk will own him ahahaha!" talk persists. It's as if some people don't understand that basketball is such an intricate game of chess.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Well the Lakers are only the third best team in the league, so I mean it's not like there is no one out there that can beat them.
    Guess we will see about that.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Westbrook (best 1v1 defender on Team USA right now) can guard Nash.

Sefoloshas can guard Kobe.

Ibaka can guard Pau.

Perkins is the D12-stopper.

I'm not even talking about Harden yet.

OKC in 6.
    Posts like this. As if basketball comes down to simple 1 on 1 matchups.

In the NBA Finals, did Chalmers win his overall head to head match-up with Westbrook? No. And yet, it was his timely barrage of threes in Miami that helped catapult them to NBA champions.

OKC and Miami

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

very random note but why is it that boston fans these days, have to always defend their team in every thread? no matter the topic, a celt fan has to jump in and say "what about boston!?"

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Perhaps because they are being underrated and overlooked

People are pigeon holing Miami into finals already despite them needing ref help to get past Boston in 7 games.

I usually hit open layups CTulc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    very random note but why is it that boston fans these days, have to always defend their team in every thread? no matter the topic, a celt fan has to jump in and say "what about boston!?"
    Because what they have to say is relevant to the topic and they're being underrated by many? If we have to sit through the hell of everyone going apesh*t over the Lakers, we have the right to post one comment in a topic concerning Boston. They are relevant and one of the top 4 title contenders in the league.

jeremy lin will rape kobe once again

Quote Originally Posted by CTulc
    Because what they have to say is relevant to the topic and they're being underrated by many? If we have to sit through the hell of everyone going apesh*t over the Lakers, we have the right to post one comment in a topic concerning Boston. They are relevant and one of the top 4 title contenders in the league.
    one comment? sure.

but in every thread? no matter the topic, a celtic fan has to whine it seems.

3-time NBA All-Star

The Grizzlies have the requisite size and perimeter defense to match up

I usually hit open layups CTulc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    one comment? sure.

but in every thread? no matter the topic, a celtic fan has to whine it seems.
    Why single out Boston fans though?

Sure they comment in every thread. But pretty much every team is discussed in every thread. Boston fans usually have they're head on straight and we don't have stans.

I'm sorry we don't try to troll the living hell out of forums like Kobe and Lebron stans do.

Quote Originally Posted by CTulc
    Why single out Boston fans though?

Sure they comment in every thread. But pretty much every team is discussed in every thread. Boston fans usually have they're head on straight and we don't have stans.

I'm sorry we don't try to troll the living hell out of forums like Kobe and Lebron stans do.
    celtic fans have just been doing it a lot lately. i dont know why but the last week, no matter the topic celtic fans want apart of it.