Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which teams match up best with this new Lakers squad?

OKC

ruh roh. Jodie Meeks?

Banned

Westbrook (best 1v1 defender on Team USA right now) can guard Nash.

Sefoloshas can guard Kobe.

Ibaka can guard Pau.

Perkins is the D12-stopper.

I'm not even talking about Harden yet.

OKC in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Um, Perkins is one of the best Dwightfenders in the league. He frustrates the crap out of him.
    I had no idea Perkins defended Dwight that well. Now that i think of it, with dwights limited arsenal on offense, Perkins should guard him well

Also have to consider how the teams rotations are and how patient they are on the defensive end of the ball, though this is a good thread.

Banned

No one has a single real clue of how this new maker team will actually function

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Also have to consider how the teams rotations are and how patient they are on the defensive end of the ball, though this is a good thread.

I think the lakers will have no choice but to be patient because they are so old (dwight excluded). Im interested to see what Nash's minutes are going to be like. IM thinking he will be the first starter to the bench, Blake will come in, then 5 minutes later the rest of the bench comes in. Nash will probably come back in the game to run the second unit a few minutes until the starters check back in. It would just be stupid to not have Nash help the bench players. Kobe and him both need the ball, so you might as well use Nash efficiently . People saying the lakers will win 65+ games are crazy. Nash's PT need to be spread out logically. That is if they want him to be ready 100% for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    But But but, look at them on pp pp pp paper......

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    I think the lakers will have no choice but to be patient because they are so old (dwight excluded). Im interested to see what Nash's minutes are going to be like. IM thinking he will be the first starter to the bench, Blake will come in, then 5 minutes later the rest of the bench comes in. Nash will probably come back in the game to run the second unit a few minutes until the starters check back in. It would just be stupid to not have Nash help the bench players. Kobe and him both need the ball, so you might as well use Nash efficiently . People saying the lakers will win 65+ games are crazy. Nash's PT need to be spread out logically. That is if they want him to be ready 100% for the playoffs.
    I meant how patient teams are against the Lakers on D.

People just look at the names and assume nobody stands a chance.

People said the same thing about the Heat and it took them a while to click. I know LA fits better, but that's not the point.

Banned

F*cking hate you autocorrect!

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I meant how patient teams are against the Lakers on D.
    Whoops.

In that case, we just cant know until we see them. Either Nash or Kobe are going to be forced into playing in a way we havent seen before, and my guess is its going to be kobe.

I would pressure the ball whenever it is not in Nashs hands. Im trying to keep the lakers on the perimeter as much as i can. Even though Pau can stretch the floor and hit those jumpers, i would much rather them not get the ball near the basket

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    All the minutes need to be spread out logically.

We got Nash, Kobe, Howard and Pau, without injury or big foul trouble you should be able to make rotations so you have 2 of the 4 on the court for most of the game. With 2 of them on the court you can always get players from the bench who makes a good lineup with these two.

In terms of who has the ball more and all that bla bla people want to focus on it shouldn't be that big of a deal. The team whould find whatever works against any given team, there isn't a team in the NBA who wont have match up problems with them so just go to the strengths on any given night.

OKC matches up somwhat if they don't have to give Perkins up in amnesty, but even so you can bet they'll have Perkins run through ball screen after ball screen with both Nash and Kobe as ball handlers and he won't like that one bit.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    All the minutes need to be spread out logically.

We got Nash, Kobe, Howard and Pau, without injury or big foul trouble you should be able to make rotations so you have 2 of the 4 on the court for most of the game. With 2 of them on the court you can always get players from the bench who makes a good lineup with these two.

In terms of who has the ball more and all that bla bla people want to focus on it shouldn't be that big of a deal. The team whould find whatever works against any given team, there isn't a team in the NBA who wont have match up problems with them so just go to the strengths on any given night.

OKC matches up somwhat if they don't have to give Perkins up in amnesty, but even so you can bet they'll have Perkins run through ball screen after ball screen with both Nash and Kobe as ball handlers and he won't like that one bit.
    You forgot that Mike Brown is your coach apparently. I would never make such a comment about Vinny....

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You forgot that Mike Brown is your coach apparently. I would never make such a comment about Vinny....
    You don't think he can handle setting up a rotation that keeps 2 out of 4 players on the court for most of the game?

They did the same thing last year with Drew, Pau and Kobe, they didn't all sit at the same time very often.