Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default If Lebron beats this LA team

In the finals, where does he rank and what does that do for his legacy?

Default Re: If Lebron beats this LA team

Not gonna happen.. Book it.

I rep Lakers!

he must be dreaming

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

But he has a better team.....

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Laker/kobe fans/trolls would be on suicide watch....that or making excuses like little whiny b!tches.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

The pundits are still favoring the Heat. I understand why. The Lakers are a very OLD team and could be in danger of getting run off the court by OKC or the Heat...both of which have all their stars in their prime.

5. Who should be favored to win the 2013 NBA title?

Adande: Still the Miami Heat. Didn't we learn from them that you can't assume everything will come together immediately when you add two new major players? The 2007-08 Boston Celtics were the exception, but the NBA rule is that time together is the key component to championship teams.

Arnovitz: Miami. The Lakers' haul this offseason is impressive and should vault them over every other team in the league with a plural nickname. But cohesion takes time and, all of the sudden, the Heat look like the team with the best combination of incumbency and veteran savvy.

Gutierrez: The only reason the Lakers shouldn't be favored is the unknown: chemistry, coaching, health. But they have a balanced Big Four right off the bat, and are strongest where the Miami Heat are weakest: up front. Assuming health and a late addition at center, the Heat should still be the slightest of favorites. But LeBron James' throne is seriously challenged.

Palmer: The Miami Heat. With the addition of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis and a healthy Chris Bosh, the Heat are still in the driver's seat. The Lakers have had a terrific summer but there are still quite a few unknowns regarding chemistry, old legs and, most importantly, Howard's back. Forget about the Heat: The Lakers still might not have enough to get past the Thunder.

Stein: Still gotta go with Miami. The Heat had a decent little summer of their own (Ray Allen, anyone?) and have the undeniable continuity edge over the retooled Lakers. Which is important and should count for something. But L.A. shoots right back to the top of the West with its moves and has Nash to help the Lakers figure it all out. What an end to our long, national Dwightmare. This league, man. This league.

if he beats this Lakers team, nobody can ever say shit about him in a negative light about winning

and I would cry like an 8 year old who got his bike jacked from outside the liquore store 2 miles away from home. I would call the police and cry. I would call my mom and cry. I would run into the ocean and cry

I think I would cry the rest of my life

Serious playground baller LBJDW305's Avatar

GOAT hands down

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

The pressure has completely switched on Kobe/LA now. Losing to LeBron despite having the most dominant front line in NBA history in at least 25 years? People already think LeBron's better than Kobe ever was. If he beats him? Not only would he enter the Top 10, but he'd probably kick Kobe out of it.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 08-10-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    He won't, he's gonna choke. Lebron stans/homers such as myself will commit suicide ....that or making excuses like little whiny b!tches.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

This is why im excited to actually see this trade happen. I want to see Lebron take this team down. And even if Miami loses, its going to be worth it alone for the matchup. If he beats that stacked team, and wins MVP next season, he is in Shaq/Duncan range. I don't see how he wouldn't move ahead of Kobe in that situation. In a hypothetical series, I think Miami beats them. Dwight would be a serious problem, but I got Miami in 6.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Not gonna happen.. Book it.
    Because the Thunder will take them out beforehand? Possibly.

I'm a huge Lakers fan, and I have to say that people are jumping the gun on this Lakers team. I can understand the argument that Lakers>Heat, but even so, it's very narrow. Personally, since they have already shown they can win together, the Heat probably have the better TEAM.

If Lebron beats this Lakers team, he gets another ring, and moves into 10/11 in my GOAT list. However, for ISH, Lebron beating 9thBe will propel him into top 5, and somehow shoot Kobe down to like 50th.

Dunking on everybody in the park hawke812's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    But he has a better team.....
    Let's wait until the season starts

OR NOT

Lakers will destroy OKC and Miami. Combine those teams and they will still lose

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Someone just said Howard and Pau are the best front court of the last 25 years......

Is this real life?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

He will float into the sky and become God.