Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Is Yao Ming a first ballot HOFer?

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    as for the stats.....put them in context of what stats were for other starting centers in WC
    Yeah, they were better than any center in the NBA other than Shaq and later Dwight Howard.

gonna look for article that mentions him being voted for heavily in season post retirement
    Go ahead. I can provide a link to the list of balloted players, which does not include him.

Listen....perhaps you put your blinders on and didn't read about HEAVILY HYPED..heavily marketed players who couldn't live up to hype getting destroyed DAILY on ISH...including king james who FINALLY finally shut EVERYBODY up..and fulfilled and justified the hype machine that's been propping him up since day one
    The idiocy of ISH does not influence me. I'm an adult. I make my own opinions. This place is not a place to come for unbiased, logical, even factual basketball discussion. It's a cess pool. I come here for entertainment.

Yao Ming and the hype machine behind him created backlash and he might have accumulated some stats, but I'm just not impressed...
    It's clear that you aren't impressed by a 20/10 center in his prime. That's your problem.

let Yao take his lumps like other heavily marketed players..
    See you at the HOF induction, sucker.

I thought you were joking at first

hardly a bastard, my parents were married 10 years before I was born.

if Yao Ming were Black he'd be Joe Barry Carrol
    Joe Barry Carroll put better numbers than at least one center that made this year's All-Star team in the East. You act like JBC was some scrub.

If JCB had come out of a country that experience a boom in basketball related interest, he'd be in the HOF along with Yao. But he wasn't.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

If he was judged by the standards of a born and bread American he'd be borderline, but for his international impact as the greatest Asian player we've ever seen he has a good chance.
    NO

throw out the all star stuff, rigged

career of 5 second and third all nba teams does not make you an allstar
    Most of those years he would have been an All-Star, just not starting over Shaq.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Joe Barry Carroll put better numbers than at least one center that made this year's All-Star team in the East. You act like JBC was some scrub.

If JCB had come out of a country that experience a boom in basketball related interest, he'd be in the HOF along with Yao. But he wasn't.

YOU'RE making MY point for ME.

thanks.

YOU'RE making MY point for ME.

thanks.
    Can you read?

It was never argued that Yao Ming would not be in the HOF if he wasn't Chinese.

Your point was that Yao Ming wasn't an All-Star. You were wrong.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Yeah, they were better than any center in the NBA other than Shaq and later Dwight Howard.

Go ahead. I can provide a link to the list of balloted players, which does not include him.

The idiocy of ISH does not influence me. I'm an adult. I make my own opinions. This place is not a place to come for unbiased, logical, even factual basketball discussion. It's a cess pool. I come here for entertainment.

It's clear that you aren't impressed by a 20/10 center in his prime. That's your problem.

See you at the HOF induction, sucker.

yeah, started over lakers shaq.....but it's not rigged

20 10 guy? not impressed by elton brand either....

heavily hyped players always get more scrutiny..has nothing to do with ish....or with race...

nature of sports

eventually player is going to justify the hype or not

No, it's not rigged. Just because he shouldn't have started over Shaq, that doesn't mean there was some conspiracy to have Yao Ming start. The fans voted him in. Unless you have some evidence, any evidence, supporting your claim, shut up. Otherwise, get a dictionary and look up the definition of the word "rigged".

20 10 guy? not impressed by elton brand either....[/quote]

Well, that would make you a fool because Elton Brand has had an impressive NBA career that few have.

Decent playground baller

Kobe's quote is wrong also

Wang..forget his last name was first Chinese player in nba
    and Sarunas Marculonis was the pioneer for European guys..NOT Vlade

Kobe is being gracious to Yao and Vlade, but he's a student of the game..he knows better
    Drazen Petrovic and no one else. After him Divac, Kukoc, Radja, Sarunas.

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Yao is a HOFer. First ballot probably not but he'll get in. His contribution to the sport is too big to go unnoticed

Banned

[QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked
    Yao is a HOFer. First ballot probably not but he'll get in. His contribution to the sport is too big to go unnoticed

That's the exact reason he will be a first ballot HOF'er.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    As a player, hell no.

As an "ambassador", well whatever. If they want to vote based on feel-good nonsense, so be it.
    Exactly. It's called BASKETBALL HOF for a reason, and the reason is not to make Chinese players want to play basketball. Ultimate PR story, shitty career.

Saw a basketball once

That stuff is called "The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame"

quote: "honors exceptional basketball players, coaches, referees, executives, and other major contributors to the game of basketball worldwide."

not "National Basketball Association Hall of Fame"

stop acting like NBA is the only basketball thing in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Exactly. It's called BASKETBALL HOF for a reason, and the reason is not to make Chinese players want to play basketball. Ultimate PR story, shitty career.
    Shitty career?

How can you type that with a straight face?

When he played, he was among the best big men in the NBA. Unfortunately, his body wasn't meant for basketball. That's something that idiots like the people that trash on this site for being injury prone either don't realize or don't care about. No player that tall has ever been able to stay healthy. Their bodies are just bigger than a human's body is supposed to be. For the advantages being 7'5 gave him, there were equal disadvantages......and he was able to have a GREAT career for a player that size. Best player EVER over 7'2. Ever. Shitty my ass, you ignorant waste of time.

Did he deserve to start all of those All-Star games? No. Did he deserve to be an All-Star most of those years? Absolutely. Would he be in the HOF discussion if he were black or white? No. But he's Chinese and opened the door to China for the NBA (and the game of basketball) and that is HUGE. You want the HOF to be something it isn't, so people like you might as well stop even thinking about it because it's going to let your feeble mind down every time.

Getting into the Hall of Fame isn't about peak performance. It's about your impact both on AND off the court. His international contributions alone are enough to land him a spot in the Hall of Fame.