Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Default Re: Is Yao Ming a first ballot HOFer?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Comparing their NBA careers, Drazen has nothing on Yao Ming. Nothing. He played in a better league before coming to the NBA. That's pretty much all he has on Yao. Both made a huge impact on the global expansion of the game. I don't see how you can look at Drazen and act like he's so much more worthy than Yao. Petrovic contributed more to European players coming to the NBA, but his NBA career does not compare to Yao Ming's. It cannot be argued otherwise.
    Drazen was FIRST international player to make ALL NBA team

so with a straight face I don't think you're looking at this objectively.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    Drazen was FIRST international player to make ALL NBA team

so with a straight face I don't think you're looking at this objectively.
    And that is quite an accomplishment. I never said Drazen shouldn't be in the HOF, but you're acting as if he far and away had a better career than Yao Ming when he really didn't. Yao Ming is the best player to ever come out of China (the world's most populated country).

It's funny you accuse me not being objective when I'm not the one just absolutely brushing off any logical argument for Yao Ming and I'm the one saying Petrovic deserves to be in the HOF. You're being anything but objective. It's clear you are racist and have an axe to grind.

Comparing their NBA careers, Drazen has nothing on Yao Ming. Nothing. He played in a better league before coming to the NBA. That's pretty much all he has on Yao. Both made a huge impact on the global expansion of the game. I don't see how you can look at Drazen and act like he's so much more worthy than Yao. Petrovic contributed more to European players coming to the NBA, but his NBA career does not compare to Yao Ming's. It cannot be argued otherwise.
    instead of he played ina better league than Yao, how about the correction

he dominated a league and region that was INARGUABLY where the second best basketball was being played outside of the NBA.....inarguably because the medals awarded to teams not named USA in international play are pretty much ALL from USSR ,former soviet bloc countries or the region.. from roughly the 70s until relatively recently...

Dominating mls soccer is WAY different than dominating euro leagues or south american leagues

2)Drazen was an international basketball legend, dominating 2nd highest level of the sport....yao ming was the best player in china..nuff said

3)Drazen died before he possibly reached his full potential, so don't see how this can definitely argued one way or the other...
    Last edited by get these NETS; 08-10-2012 at 02:18 PM.

instead of he played ina better league than Yao, how about the correction

he dominated a league and region that was INARGUABLY where the second best basketball was being played outside of the NBA.....inarguably because the medals awarded to teams not named USA in international play are pretty much ALL from USSR ,former soviet bloc countries or the region.. from roughly the 70s until relatively recently...

Dominating mls soccer is WAY different than dominating euro leagues or south american leagues

2)Drazen was an international basketball legend, dominating 2nd highest level of the sport....yao ming was the best player in china..nuff said

3)Drazen died before he possibly reached his full potential, so don't see how this can definitely argued one way or the other...
    Drazen played in the 2nd toughest league in the world, but back then, it wasn't like it is now. Plus, I think he gets too much credit because there were other players that were going to come over to the NBA regardless that came up at the same time he did (Kukoc, Divac, etc.).

Also, why are you talking about soccer?

Yao Ming was gunned down in his prime by injuries. Both guys had their careers cut short, but Yao Ming was better quicker. My argument isn't that Yao Ming is more deserving than Drazen Petrovic, only that if Drazen is deserving, so is Yao Ming. I think they're similar, though I do feel Yao had a bigger impact on the world. Like I said, there was an invasion coming with or without Drazen when you factor in Divac and Kukoc and those guys. Drazen was just the best of all of them.

If Reggie Miller wasn't, Yao sure isn't imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    If Reggie Miller wasn't, Yao sure isn't imo.
    Different criteria.

When are people going to get this through their heads?

Drazen played in the 2nd toughest league in the world, but back then, it wasn't like it is now. Plus, I think he gets too much credit because there were other players that were going to come over to the NBA regardless that came up at the same time he did (Kukoc, Divac, etc.).

Yao Ming was gunned down in his prime by injuries. Both guys had their careers cut short, but Yao Ming was better quicker. My argument isn't that Yao Ming is more deserving than Drazen Petrovic, only that if Drazen is deserving, so is Yao Ming. I think they're similar, though I do feel Yao had a bigger impact on the world. Like I said, there was an invasion coming with or without Drazen when you factor in Divac and Kukoc and those guys. Drazen was just the best of all of them.
    1) Drazen initially played behind Drexler....in the heart of the prime of his HOF career...in the midst of Blazers championship push.

there was NO way that Drazen was going to get minutes

after a few years of development...and adapting to the league he made all nba

Sarunas,same draft year who was a pretty good player in his own right and got minutes early and by your definition was "better quicker" would tell you that Drazen was a much much better player than he (sarunas) was

2)can't teach height...Vlade Divac got minutes and playing time before Drazen did also..and in a tougher era for centers....WHILE his team was still making finals run.....he would play circles around Yao Ming..AND he would tell you that Drazen was a MUCH MUCH better player than he(Divac) was

3) hall of FAME...not the hall of very good..hall of good..hall of marketing the game globally...

Your treatment of Yao, to me is actually patronizing. Treating him like he's a mascot, judging him by different standards than other PLAYERS. He played the game and what he did on the court falls short of being HOF.
    In an indirect way, you're the one who is being racist.

the link to the ones who made the hall as contributors is irrelevant, since Yao is a player first and foremost.
    Last edited by get these NETS; 08-10-2012 at 03:55 PM.

used that to drive home my point about the difference between being among the VERY best in one league versus being the best in another.

You can't compare the best players in MLS( a low tier league) to to the guys who are dominating the 2nd and 3rd best soccer leagues in the world.
    Last edited by get these NETS; 08-10-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Different criteria.

When are people going to get this through their heads?
    WHY is there different criteria?

2)can't teach height...Vlade Divac got minutes and playing time before Drazen did also..and in a tougher era for centers....WHILE his team was still making finals run.....he would play circles around Yao Ming..AND he would tell you that Drazen was a MUCH MUCH better player than he(Divac) was
    Give me a break.

Divac would not play circles around Yao Ming. That shows your bias.

3) hall of FAME...not the hall of very good..hall of good..hall of marketing the game globally...

Your treatment of Yao, to me is actually patronizing. Treating him like he's a mascot, judging him by different standards than other PLAYERS. He played the game and what he did on the court falls short of being HOF.
    In an indirect way, you're the one who is being racist.
    I'm not the one who created the criteria for the HOF!!! I'm not the one who created the "contributor" category! That's just the way it is, and under that criteria, Yao Ming is a HOFer. I've already stated MULTIPLE times that he is not HOF worthy based solely on his player career, but you seem to never acknowledge that. I don't know what else you want me to see if you just are going to continue to ignore that. You want the HOF to be something it isn't, and you don't determine what the HOF means. The people that run it do. End of discussion.

I am being racist in no possible way. You have that covered, assuming I must be Asian or part Asian or date an Asian (why would that matter?) because I'm defending Yao Ming. You're textbook racist.

WHY is there different criteria?
    Because the people who created the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame decided there should be.

Take it up with them.

But it's their HOF, so what they decide goes. You can either accept it or shut up about it and go on with your life. I don't understand your pathetic bitching and moaning about what the HOF should be or is meant to be when you have right or authority to decide. You're just a fan. Just a fan. And a poor one at that.

I am being racist in no possible way. You have that covered, assuming I must be Asian or part Asian or date an Asian (why would that matter?) because I'm defending Yao Ming. You're textbook racist.
    Players get screamed on , called out all the time....don't recall you speaking up with such energy, if at all, for Black players or White players...so I assumed that you personally identified with Yao.

Otherwise it doesn't make sense. Why Yao, why not for the other HUMAN beings who play basketball also?

Players get screamed on , called out all the time....don't recall you speaking up with such energy, if at all, for Black players or White players...so I assumed that you personally identified with Yao.

Otherwise it doesn't make sense. Why Yao, why not for the other HUMAN beings who play basketball also?
    What black or white players that were mentioned as HOF candidates as "contributors" and had a similar global impact to Yao Ming were being "screamed on" or "called out" for the same reasons?

And I'm pretty sure you're not familiar with my post history as I've defended and criticized plenty of black and white players. Your judging me off this one thread and acting like you know who I am.

Banned

If those stats were some black dude no way in hell he's first ballot

listen fatboy,

the list of hof contributors that was posted has names of people who contributed to the game of basketball

besides dollars into NBA coffers, WHAT has Yao contributed to the game?