Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: MSG loses $90 million in value since the end of linsanity

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki

You do realize that MSG's stock price went up roughly about 20% once Linsanity started, the overall increase in value to those stocks went up by $250 million dollars. Since the Rockets announced their offer to Lin the value of MSG stock has plummeted by a total of 100 million. Additionally MSG has worked out certain agreements with Chinese television stations that were contingent upon Lin staying on the team, those are now toast.
    Look, maybe people don't agree with me, but for what you're saying to be true, you'd have to believe that "Linsanity" would continue. Call me crazy, but I think the kid will fade away half way through the next season. He's just flat out not that good. I can't see him being any better than Ramon Sessions.

Just my opinion, but I think his percieved value will plummit to about Luke Ridnour status by January.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Ok, you said TV deals and ticket prices.

Tickets sell out for every game. I don't see how the demand goes past already selling out every game.

As for TV deals, the MSG group already owns their own TV network.
    You're an idiot if you don't think Lin made Knicks a whole damn lot of money last season..

not even worth explaining.. if you haven't gone to college yet, just remember to pick the classes econ101 and marketing 101

Decent playground baller dgaras's Avatar

Look, maybe people don't agree with me, but for what you're saying to be true, you'd have to believe that "Linsanity" would continue. Call me crazy, but I think the kid will fade away half way through the next season. He's just flat out not that good. I can't see him being any better than Ramon Sessions.

Just my opinion, but I think his percieved value will plummit to about Luke Ridnour status by January.
    your opinion. who the fuc are you? nobody. yours isnt even in the top 5 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    You're an idiot if you don't think Lin made Knicks a whole damn lot of money last season..

not even worth explaining.. if you haven't gone to college yet, just remember to pick the classes econ101 and marketing 101
    Didn't go to college. Didn't even finish high school, but I seem to be doing just fine without it. I'm not even 30 and I'm already retired. I think my business sense is just fine.

Didn't go to college. Didn't even finish high school, but I seem to be doing just fine without it. I'm not even 30 and I'm already retired. I think my business sense is just fine.

Proving my hypothesis based on your posts right.
    And I have no problem with not going to college, but don't act like you know a topic if you truly don't know the ins and outs of it. You're only going to embarrass yourself.

Enjoy your retirement.

inb4 someone posts a pic of NumberSix as a homeless dude using a library computer.

Ok, you said TV deals and ticket prices.

Tickets sell out for every game. I don't see how the demand goes past already selling out every game.

As for TV deals, the MSG group already owns their own TV network.

1.) Like I said, the more demand there is for the tickets, the more they can charge. So if every game is sold out at 75.00, Linsanity comes and every games sells out for an average of 85.00, that's a lot more cash.

2.) They own their own network, but do you realize how TV stations make money? They sell commercials. Linsanity caused the viewership to go up, when it goes up you can charge more for commercials.

Wow man, is this stuff that hard to understand?

Dude, you ain't retired. Come on now.

If so, where's your business? What did you do to make so much money that you don't have to work anymore??

People are tossing around this $90 million figure like its solely tied to Lin. I'm very sure that it isn't.

And since when did an NBA team start having to worry about the effect a player had on their stock, as opposed to his performance on the court?

This entire Lin saga is just strange.

Quote Originally Posted by The_LA_Blakers

If so, where's your business? What did you do to make so much money that you don't have to work anymore??

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by The_LA_Blakers

He's a bullshitter.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    inb4 someone posts a pic of NumberSix as a homeless dude using a library computer.